Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

For People With Modded XBox's (XBox Compatible Mods List)

Page: 1 of 1
 Golddragon
03-03-2006, 3:29 PM
I am looking for people with moded X-boxes and atleast a litle experince in modifying kotor. I am trying to make a list on mods that is compatible and not but i figured it is to big list and the mods updates to frequently. So I make a thread about it instead. So all who have moded there games I and every x-box gamer on this site will be gratefull if you shared your experince.

For those who don't know how to mod kotor or having trouble just by having the game on the hd visit this thread. This also gives a few good sites.
KotOR Xbox Moding (http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=150693)

When you tell about a mod you tried or don't get working post the site you downloaded from and be very acurate about what bug that appers with the mod.

To start this thread I will post some I got working so far. (Allthough I have problem with one mod I can't figure out wich)

Peragus "Quick Ebon hawk Access" v1.2 (http://pcgamemods.com/mod/10853.html) A very recomended mod for those who finnished the games and want to play again and skip peragus.

[TSL] Military Grade HK Series (http://pcgamemods.com/mod/10719.html) A very good reskin of the HK series.

Mandalore Reskin (http://pcgamemods.com/mod/14756.html) A most extrordenary skin for Lord Mandalore. (Though havent sen if it works but it don't seem to affect the game so i gues it should work :) ).

These one I coulden't get working but feel free to test if you get it working.

Female Underwear Mod v1.0 (http://pcgamemods.com/mod/10664.html) This is probebly for the boy but as I said i can't get it working.

Slender body for female v.1.1 (http://pcgamemods.com/mod/11792.html) Looked cool on Pc but it won't work.

My teori is that you can't change the Main charachters appeal. When i tried some of those the just freezed the gem right befor the mod would appear visible like if i start a new game and right when i am about to se th PC lying in medical bay the game freeze.

Edited: Ohhh one more thing you can also upload gamesaves so all of us can get quick access to a specific area, like getting to Onderon to se Mandalores reskin
 Xbx_Inthusiast
03-03-2006, 6:41 PM
KOTOR 1
============

I've already made a list of about 20+ mods that are compatible on Xbox-scene.com
Here's the original link: http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=479569)
(I'm Darth_Mulas by the way)

I've found several mods that work with the KOTOR 1 game for the XBox system, which are pc mods. Some are awesome, some are sweet, but others aren't worth downloading, a rating system (*) will be put on them, by me, of course, for personal likeness. Other people can find them here too. (I don't know every single one that works, there are tons, these are ones which I think are cool and downloaded)
Party Member Jedi Robes 1.1
A Galaxy of Shapers
Individual On/Off Saber Sounds
Achille's Padawan Mod
BeatleMania Dantooine
Black DS Robes
Evil Sounds (Death Sounds)
KOTOR Remix 0.3
Roleplay Padawan Mod (Same as Achilles, but with differences)
"Watered down" Saber colors
Ebon Hawk's Workbench To A Construction Bench
Unique Saber Textures (Personal favorite)
Sith Armada
Notes:

1-***- only jedi characters have these,in starting inv. Have to start over.
2-****- there are several shapers amongst taris and the spire, check around.
3-*****- these have AWESOME on/off saber sounds, like lukes and vaders
4-***- starts you off on the endar spire as a jedi, with a jedi master (trask)
5-**- 'Lucy in the Skies with Diamonds' Dantooine mod- nuff said.
6-***- One robe, all Jedi Knight robes are pitch black, and look like lukes.
7-**- New death screams, turn down volume. :-)
8-****- COMPLETELY revolutionized the endar spire, taris, and dantooine
9-***- Same as achilles, but with differences (don't get a robe)
10-*****- plain saber colors, watered down.
11-*****- Personal favorite as well workbench to construction bench, must-see!
12-*****- the best saber color mod out there, turns the blade jagged and cool.
13-*****- has like 5 custom, recruitable characters with dialogue and stories, & skins.

Side note: I did not make, alter, or give any links to any of them. These are just a listing of the ones I have, if you want to find them, search at pcgamemods.com under KOTOR.

If you have any more you would like to add, just reply with em. Thanks to Darth Turtur and VoxAngel's tuts on how to copy KOTOR to my hdd, mods work like a charm now.

I looked around pcgamemods some more and found a couple more, i'm done with the list now, hope this helps people. (I know it helped me)

List of mods that work for Xbox (cont.)

Changing Mission into Atris
Revan's implant
Turn T3 into a Workbench!
Jedi and Sith Belts
Star Wars Clone wars blades
Wacked Out Saber Colors
New Yellow Color
New hilt texture
Multicoloredsbrs (no typo)
XSaberColors
Yellow Light saber Reskin

Notes:
1-****- A mod that turns Mission into a hot chick, not-so-old Atris
2-**- It's found in a footlocker near the pazaak-playing Twi'lek on Dantooine.
3-*****- Very useful when you need a workbench quick.
4-*****- TONS of skins, some Jedi, some Sith, check it out and see.
5-**- Not too showy, you can barely notice the difference, but it's there.
6-****- Fun for a short time, awesome saber colors, "Give peace a chance man!"
7-**- An alright texture, I guess.
8-*****- A SWEET bloody hilt for lightsabers, adds mystery to Revan's past.
9-**- Eh, don't know what to say, it's like three color changes for sabers.
10-***- About the same, different colors, but cooler.
11-**- Yet another reskin of the yellow lightsaber.

Most of these are compatible with the mods stated above, except the saber color mods, only one color mod can be used at a time. (Because others overwrite the .tga files).

Once again, I did not alter, make, or produce any of these. These are not links, just things to type in on the search bar at pcgamemods.com. For personal use only.
 Golddragon
03-05-2006, 9:35 AM
Ok i got the game up and runnig so now it is just a mater of time untill i post more mods. And I maked a discovery that might be of use, I found that you can put mods in sperate folders within the Override folder. This might prevent that some mods won't work togheter because they use a the same file, though I haven't tested this yet cuz i don't test any mod that use same file right now. But i will update when i know the answer.
 jmac7142
03-05-2006, 11:48 AM
It will most likely crash the game if you have more than one copy of the same file in any directory within your override directory though, such is the downside of that manner of organization :(
 Xbx_Inthusiast
03-05-2006, 11:56 AM
It does help if you have item mods or item workshop mods, because those have tons of files that can get confusing.
 RedHawke
03-05-2006, 8:25 PM
I know that most modders discourage the use of subfolders in override unless you really know what you are doing, you have to have a bit of knowledge of modding these games and know what files are doing what, to organise them properly in their folders.

It will not make mods work together that use the same files... and crashes or conflicts can happen as jmac stated above.
 ChAiNz.2da
03-06-2006, 6:14 AM
It does help if you have item mods or item workshop mods, because those have tons of files that can get confusing.
This is exactly the reason why I started using RedHawke's modding methods. With files allowing, I now try to "prefix" my mod items, scripts, etc. with the same few initials.

ie - my HakPad mod files all start with "hak_".. my upcoming Kreia mod files are prefixed with "kds_"... etc. RedHawke's stuff I can pinpoint in a heartbeat... just look for the "RH_" files ;) Of course, it always helps if the modder lists all of their mod files in their readme.. which most do nowadays.

When I first heard we could start using sub-folders I thought "Sweet!" then came the conflicts... ouch...

It's programs like cchargin's KMM that really saves my sanity. It gives you the benefits of 'virtual folders' but keeps all the files in the main override folder and will immediately notify you of a conflict :D

KMM (Kotor Mod Manager)
http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php)
http://home.comcast.net/~cchargin/kotor/index.html)

I realize you're working with an Xbox.. but even modded Xbox files have to be transferred/installed by a PC don't they? (honestly asking, I'm not sure)...
 Xbx_Inthusiast
03-06-2006, 8:23 AM
Nope. You just open up an FTP program (Flash FXP) and you download the mod, open up the folder with all the files, and you just drag the files to your xbox. It's just like hooking up another computer and sharing files. Only the MDL and MDX's of PC and XBox don't work well together.
 ChAiNz.2da
03-06-2006, 8:49 AM
ahhh.. ok, nevermind then (darn)... thanks for the info though :)

However, if someone just drop files in a mod that uses the TSL Patcher, that may explain why some things won't work.

Many times, the files (.2da) in a TSLPatcher Mod are not changed. They are base files that the program itself does the required changes to them...

if someone is dropping just basic files in their override without running the Patcher's .exe then that might explain why some things may not work...

Just a shot in the dark though :giveup:
 Xbx_Inthusiast
03-06-2006, 8:57 AM
The thing is, you *can* use the TSL patcher in a fake folder.. so to speak with an Xbox's dialog.tlk in the same folder. Then you can just transfer the files. The basis of the XBox file system is extremely similar to the PC version, just no 'launcher' or those kind of things, because XBox doesn't launch.. or config or anything. I have to say, the graphics and gameplay are much better on XBox.. easier to control and own :).
 Golddragon
03-06-2006, 3:13 PM
About that thing that xbox can't use mdl and mdx files I say thanks. I have twisted my head inside out trying to figure that out. Though the mods that don't use those files as basics. (ex. Like you are making a complete new charachter and don't reskin as the "K2_maia" mod does). But files that only ads something to a already existing npc/pc can be deleted. For example "Mandalore _reskin" that removes the pipes that goes out from his helmet. If you remove the mdl and mdx files in this mod you will have the pipes left but a nice reskin. Though if someone is skilled enough to convert the mdl and mdx files to something that works on xbox... Man i would almost pay for that cuz i got so many nice reskins that i can't use properly
 Xbx_Inthusiast
03-06-2006, 3:53 PM
The thing is, some models work, and some don't. I'm not ruling out *all* models here. Like the Revan Cutscene robe. It's a model, and it works. But things like Longsaber's and such appear as invisible shafts of extremely dull light. Like a long flashlight.
 Golddragon
03-12-2006, 7:10 AM
I just come to think that xbox mostly use the same files as the PC. So can't other games that is both on PC and xbox and have mods being used to? For example GTA San Andreas and things like that?
 mjpb3
03-13-2006, 12:34 AM
One reason mdl and mdx files from the PC version won't work on the XBox is because the XBox version of the game IS about 6 months older than the PC version, no matter how old your XBox or game version is.

Plus, the graphics for the XBox are smaller than the PC version. Even on a big screen TV, the XBox is using smaller graphics.

I always have to resize any skins I transfer over. I have to downsized K1 skins 25% and K2 skins 50%, or else my XBox seizes up on me :(
 Xbx_Inthusiast
03-13-2006, 9:25 AM
I found that you don't need to do anything like that except for models. Textures work fine.. for me anyway. I have kotor one for pc now, and Jedi Academy. So I barely play xbox modded games, except for TSL.
 Golddragon
03-15-2006, 9:33 AM
So you are meaning that i can make mdl and mdx files to work if I change their size, and if so how do I do that?
 Golddragon
04-20-2006, 2:15 PM
Did this thread just die or what? I realy wanna know if i can make mdl and mdx files to work.
 mjpb3
04-24-2006, 6:31 AM
So you are meaning that i can make mdl and mdx files to work if I change their size, and if so how do I do that?
PC model files (mdl and mdx) will not work on the XBox.

Model files for the PC are larger in size and would have to be redone to even work, which is not possible right now.

I doubt very seriously if anyone will be making any modeling tools for the XBox anytime soon, either. There just isn't enough interest. :(
 reven0123
06-20-2006, 5:38 AM
hm ive been reading this thread and could you please answer some of my questions ive never considered modding my xbox so could you guys give me some advice on how i mod my xbox please.
 RedHawke
06-20-2006, 6:07 AM
hm ive been reading this thread and could you please answer some of my questions ive never considered modding my xbox so could you guys give me some advice on how i mod my xbox please.
mjpb3 made a post with links in this thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=165869) that might get you started. ;)

Edit: I have edited the thread title and stuck the thread as this is the only XBox Mod list we currently have.
 Elven6
08-27-2006, 9:33 AM
Woulden't the game fixes also work on a modded xbox?

Like the Fuel Quest and stuff
 Mr. Orange
12-08-2006, 10:36 PM
All those fixes work on a modded Xbox :)

And for anyone who wants Xbox Mods for TSL I've made a Modpack completely compatible with it :)

Xbox Modpack (http://home.planet.nl/~veen6684/xboxmodpack1.zip)
 darth_reven_21
01-22-2007, 10:10 PM
what mods are compatible for this game thanks in advance :)
 eldest sith
06-12-2007, 5:48 PM
i have about 60 or 70 mods on my kotor 2 and they all are compatable...there are freeze bugs every once in a while but they work...i can't get any kotor mods to work tho
 darth_reven_21
07-04-2007, 6:30 PM
i have about 60 or 70 mods on my kotor 2 and they all are compatable...there are freeze bugs every once in a while but they work...i can't get any kotor mods to work tho - sure i d like the mods
 darth_reven_21
12-24-2007, 2:57 PM
sorry if i post it wrong but i need to know what mods are compat for kotor i visit redhawk mods for kotor 1 they all require pc keyboard for robes etc i own the xbox version i love kotor 1 the best i would love to get a arth reven robe and mask thanks in advance and merry x-mas and happy new year everyone
Page: 1 of 1