Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Knights of the Old Republic: Shattered Allegiance

Page: 4 of 5
 Xbx_Inthusiast
03-21-2006, 5:47 PM
(Lifted? You mean into the air?)
 JediMaster12
03-21-2006, 6:34 PM
((Yep. I should have said levitated.))
 Xbx_Inthusiast
03-21-2006, 9:59 PM
(Alrighty)

Still snoring, his was upside down, his legs flailed out around him and his body contorted in a lazy way.
 JediMaster12
03-21-2006, 10:10 PM
Lilah was still sitting cross legged on the ceiling, not noticing what she was doing to Lionel. She was still sleeping and feeling at peace.
 Xbx_Inthusiast
03-22-2006, 4:39 PM
He twirled in the air a little, squirming from a nightmare, then calmed down again, slowly rising towards a wall.
 JediMaster12
03-23-2006, 3:13 AM
Lilah could sense that Lionel was dreaming again and began to sing through the Force, ...Heart is where the courage lies and his truth ne'er lies. He gives the hope of life, and fights through the strife... She was still sleeping on the ceiling and didn't know if Annkia was around or not. Her concern was to calm Lionel at the moment.
 Xbx_Inthusiast
03-23-2006, 9:36 AM
Within moments, he fell back asleep, now flat on the ceiling, curled up in a ball.
 JediMaster12
03-23-2006, 7:33 PM
Lilah continued to sing in her sleep through the Force well into morning Swiftly through the judan trees he flies with wings on breeze...
 Writer
03-23-2006, 8:33 PM
Alright, runaways, Annika's voice echoed through the minds of the two sleeping Dark Jedi. Time to wake up now.
 JediMaster12
03-24-2006, 12:18 AM
Lilah awoke and when she did, Lionel fell with a loud thump and landed in an ungraceful heap. Lilah was still sitting on the ceiling and she gazed down to find Lionel trying to untangle himself. She said, "Sorry about that. I guess I did that thing in my sleep again." She stood up and began to stretch, feeling refreshed. Her braid dangled like a chain as she stood on the ceiling. She called to Annika, "Are you awake yet?"
 Xbx_Inthusiast
03-24-2006, 12:30 AM
He moved to sit cross-legged, rubbing his neck, popping it a little, due to the position he landed in. "Perfect sleep.. by the way.." He said sarcastically, grabbing his fallen saber on the ground and sheathing it within his sash. He stood up, facing Annika, still rubbing his neck.
 JediMaster12
03-24-2006, 1:09 AM
Lilah called from the ceiling, "And good day to you too. You're lucky we weren't on a mountain. That would have been some fall." She was stretching and warming her muscles. She then folded her knees under her and sat in that position on the ceiling.
 arvik
03-26-2006, 1:37 AM
"Sure thing." Ave said, flipped a swich and the ship went into stealth mode. (sorry for the yelling..)
 Xbx_Inthusiast
03-26-2006, 1:57 PM
He looked around the room, then up towards Lilah. "I think you can get down now.. the ground isn't dangerous you know.."
 Writer
03-26-2006, 2:20 PM
Annika laughed. "Do you know that for a fact?"

She shook her head. "Come on. The maze awaits you."
 Xbx_Inthusiast
03-26-2006, 5:15 PM
He nodded and headed towards Annika, following her. "Lead the way.." He secretly didn't want to go along with this..
 Writer
03-26-2006, 5:26 PM
"I sense reluctance from you, Lionel," Annika said, leading the two Dark Jedi back to the door they'd originally come through. "Trust me... this will be worth it."

She opened the door, revealing a shimmering, transparent pane, almost like a force field. "Step through this. It'll take you to another part of the maze. There, you'll be forced to rely on one another and your senses. While you could defend yourselves against the locals, that is not the goal. The goal is to make it back here without being seen."

She handed each of them a datapad. "You'll start from here." She tapped the pad and a red dot appeared. "The map will not trace the correct path back. You will run into dead ends. Be cautious. Keep alert. The locals will be all around. You never know when they'll show up."

She looked back to the doorway. "If they catch you, they'll slap you with a sort of baton they carry. It will transport you back to this red dot and you'll have to start over. So be careful. Be hidden."
 Xbx_Inthusiast
03-26-2006, 8:10 PM
He grabbed the datapad. "Anything goes?" He said, "As in, are Force powers allowed?"
 Writer
03-26-2006, 8:15 PM
"For sensing your opponents only," Annika answered. "The object is to escape notice, not to write yourself out of their memories or blow through them without letting them get close."
 arvik
03-26-2006, 8:33 PM
The ship finally caught where the three were hiding. "Let's bring 'em down!" Ave said as the ship drifted into hyperspace.
 JediMaster12
03-27-2006, 2:05 AM
((Is the area still enclosed WJ?))

Lilah had jumped from the ceiling and landed silently to follow Annika. She received her instructions without a change in her facial expression. She was already concentrating on where the locals were. They emitted a curious signature within the Force that rang out like an alarm. She kept her thoughts to herself, burying them under mundane thoughts of getting through the maze. She looked at Annika and asked, "And the walls shift do they?"
 Writer
03-27-2006, 2:23 AM
((Yes. But you'll have to go through the transporter thing at the door before the training really begins. I expect you both to get sent back to the start at least twice... and Annika gave you both maps in case you get separated :) ))

"It's been known to happen," Annika said, nodding. She gestured to the shimmering blue field framing the door. "To begin, step through. You'll come out at the red dot on your map. Then, you have to work together to avoid the locals and return here."
 JediMaster12
03-27-2006, 3:53 AM
Lilah raised a brow at Lionel and without saying anything, she stepped through. It was rather a strange feeling and she observed her surroundings while waiting for Lionel. She was thinking of her sleep and the strange readings the locals were emitting. She thought of other things, all connected but they ran through in a jumble. She waited patiently for Lional.
 Xbx_Inthusiast
03-27-2006, 9:19 AM
Lionel stepped through the shimmering portal and stepped beside Lilah, linking his mind with hers, creating somewhat of a wave forward, sending the positions of the opponents to his mind, which was also planted into her head as well.

"Come on.." He said, activating Force sight. Everything was a blur yet he could see through objects, people, and stepped next to a glowing grey celestial body, who happened to be Lilah.
 JediMaster12
03-27-2006, 3:25 PM
"I suggest we head north," Lilah put forward. It was the only sure way she felt at the moment.
 Xbx_Inthusiast
03-27-2006, 4:34 PM
The path ended with a two way turn. She started to the right, but Lionel quickly stepped infront of her and pushed her into the shadows, a short baton coming out of nowhere and planting itself on his face, sending him to his feet, disappearing and appearing back at the portal. Seeing as Lilah didn't appear back, she seemed to be still hidden. Stay there, go left.. Watch out for the two guards on your right and the single guard on your left, three paces from the left turn there's a guard, he's in the middle. Step behind him. Make no noise.. He projected his thoughts to Lilah, walking back to his original position slowly.
 Writer
03-27-2006, 5:00 PM
Good, Annika's voice came to both of them. Working together is permitted. Work together. Find them. Don't let them find you.
 JediMaster12
03-27-2006, 5:52 PM
Lilah acknowledged his message and jumped to the ceiling, making no noise. She concentrated on her ability to, as she put it get lost. Silently she scampered along the ceiling. She could sense the odd emittances and figured out they were the batons. Quickly she projected to Lionel, Concentrate on the batons with the Force. The stronger it is, the closer they are She remained in her spot scanning and waiting for Lionel.
 Writer
03-27-2006, 6:14 PM
"Using the ceiling," one of the locals called up to Lilah. "Good tactic."

He tossed his baton, striking her with it and sending her back to the start.

The locals are very sensitive to sound and movement, Annika said through the Force. Use your surroundings and move quietly.
 Xbx_Inthusiast
03-27-2006, 7:25 PM
He could be faintly seen as a brisk shadow moving along the guards and corners, kind of like a torn cape as he flowed along the walls before having to get out and rest, glancing up at Annika. It was the wall merge, something that Revan taught him long ago, a type of Force camoflauge.

Alright.. I see you.. now.. which way... He said to himself, drawing his pitch black cloak around him as he pulled up his face mask, sheathing his entire face and features with a black thin cloth, his hair being covered by his hood.
 JediMaster12
03-28-2006, 12:49 AM
Lilah didn't like that and again jumped on the ceiling but this time began to run lightly. She used her abilities in camoflage and pulled various things out of her pouch on her belt. She used these to make distracting noises. She made jumping motions from the ceiling to the ground, to the walls, heading north. She caught a glimpse of Lionel and reminded him to head north. Concentrating on the batons, she avoided those that were sent flying at her as best she could. She was glad that the training she had on that kind of combat was being put to good use.
 Xbx_Inthusiast
03-28-2006, 6:22 PM
He was gliding along in the shadows, heading northbound, ever guard seemed to be interested in Lilah's actions, allowing him easy passage through the maze. Watch it, she said we weren't supposed to be seen..
 JediMaster12
03-28-2006, 11:01 PM
Get through first and I'll handle the rest
A small explosion occurred and a cloud of smoke appeared. Lilah had set off a smoke bomb that allowed complete confusion. She then ran in all directions placing non-lethal mines all over the place. Sticking to the ceiling she ran lightly and activated her stealth/Force camoflage and intensified it with her people's ability. She began to hear a voice in her ear, rather a memory. It was a counting song used to train in footwork. She applied it as she seemed to fly across the ceiling. It was rather impressive.
 CountVerilucus
03-29-2006, 12:14 AM
"Alright, we know nothing of these people though so we should be cautious. Let's land and have a look around."
 Xbx_Inthusiast
03-29-2006, 9:19 AM
He moved swiftly throughout the smoke, his clothing letting him blend in with the shadows and the grey matter that the smoke produced, weaving in and out of confused bodies. In a matter of seconds, he had already matched the speed of his partner, moving with the shadows, embedded within the walls.

You have a talent.. I have a talent.. (Secretly, he had been training with one of Revan's failed apprentices, taught him a few things about shadows.. and how to use them to your advantage.)
 JediMaster12
03-29-2006, 11:03 AM
Lilah managed to lose the locals and had a clear bearing for the location. when she got to a clearing, it was clear, no signatures from the batons, no nothing. Something wasn't right however and it sent prickles up her spine. She took a small indescript part that she had in one of her pouches and threw it. As she expected, a local was there. This one was particularly good at hiding himself. She went back the way she came again avioding the locals. She warned Lionel, We have a good one. He masks himself well
 Xbx_Inthusiast
03-29-2006, 2:46 PM
Lionel had just received the message when he passed the man, getting grabbed by the ankle. "NO!" He shouted, throwing a punch into the local's stomach, sending him sprawling backwards. He shook it off and ran off the other way, the local getting to his feet and giving chase.

Got to hide.. He repeated over and over to himself in his head. He stopped at a dead end, facing the local. "Heh.." He said, withdrawing a small dagger. As the man stepped forward, the man's shadow was visible, slowly arching behind him. Lionel took great aim and threw the dagger at the man's shadow, embedding the blade into the ground, freezing the man where he stood.

Lionel used this advantage to leave before the light switched and the man's shadow disappeared, leaving him open to move again. By that time, Lionel had vanished.
 Writer
03-29-2006, 2:53 PM
You are not to threaten, Annika's voice said in Lionel's head. Suddenly, she appeared next to him and struck him with the baton in her hand, sending him again back to the beginning. Be unseen. That which cannot be seen does not cause fear.
 JediMaster12
03-29-2006, 3:14 PM
Lilah heard Annika speak to Lionel. She had completed her roundabout and was coming at a different angle. Again she felt something not right and she backtracked. This time she went bold. She reduced her own energy output to match the locals, hiding amongst them. It was draining but she was tired of this game. It was a technique she had learned in passing from one of her own people who tried to save her when she joined Revan. By making herself like the locals, she reduced her Force emmitance significantly till there was virtually no trace of a Jedi. Knowing that they would be drawn to the sudden fluctuation, she left quickly and doubled back. It looked as if she were lost but she relied on her memory and her senses. She made it back to where she saw Lionel attack the local. She was just about to make a move when something touched ner and sent her back.
Determined not to let her fatigue or frustration get the best of her, she again did the last thing she initiated and charged through. Now that she had a better handle on it, she passed for one of the locals and they took no notice of her. She spotted the difficult one and with a quick leap to the left, she disappeared around the corners. She began to play withhim, running around and confusing him until he grew frustrated and went to search for Lionel. Quickly she projected to Lionel, Use the maze to confuse, they lose interest
With a sprint of extra speed not influenced by the Force, she made it to the point but continued to dance around the exit waiting for Lionel. A fierce loyalty to a companion would not allow her to leave him behind. She evaded te locals continually, frustrating them that they kept coming upon on of them when it was in fact her.
 Writer
03-29-2006, 5:50 PM
The ship holding Ave and Kedran suddenly rocked and lurched. Then, without warning, as if tossed by a giant hand, it plunged toward the surface...

---------------------

A nearby door opened. "Enter, Lilah," Annika said, emerging from inside. "Lionel will be along in a moment. He's playing the game wiser now."
 Xbx_Inthusiast
03-29-2006, 6:05 PM
Lionel shook his head in frustration. "God damnit..." He said quietly to himself, gathering the last bit of strength in him and tracing his steps, making his way around the men with virtually no sound, confusing them as he stepped around corners and blended in with the shadows.

He rubbed his nose a little and wiped off some blood, slinging it to the ground- a result from being smacked in the face in the beginning. He quickly melded once again with the shadows, following the exterior of the maze, hitting a few dead ends but finally ending up where he and Lilah were split. He stepped out of the shadows and stood there, no men around. "Something's not right.." He quickly slid into the shadows as three men ran past, talking amongst themselves. He managed to catch the word 'confuse' before they departed.

He slid out of the shadows and slowly made his way through the maze, he went a long time without any errors only to find a dead end. He growled and punched the wall- bad idea. Several men ran to the sound, only to find a crack in the wall. Lionel had slid past them and down the hallway.

He stepped out of the shadows and knocked a few times with his knuckles on the wall, distracting a guard that was a few feet behind him. He quickly spun around the opposite corner once the man came to inspect the sound. Lionel slipped around the man and back around the right corner, finally standing where Lilah was taken.

"Where'd she go.."
 Writer
03-29-2006, 6:14 PM
"Lionel," Annika called, appearing again in the doorway. "Come in, please."

When he entered, she closed the door behind him. From the outside, it looked like nothing more than another wall.

"We have some rather intelligent beings tracking us," she said. "They've managed to follow us to the planet. So far, they've been pulled out of orbit and will crash in the desert three miles outside the city. The locals will meet with them and find out if there's any way they'll leave us alone. If not, we'll have a fight on our hands."
 JediMaster12
03-29-2006, 6:36 PM
"They may be ones trying to hunt us," Lilah said. She had her adrenaline up from all of her shadow chasing with the locals. She was also exhausted from the technique but not as much as the last time. She was listening with all her senses trying to figure out who it was that had crashed.
 Xbx_Inthusiast
03-29-2006, 6:58 PM
He glanced at Annika, his right eyebrow furrowing- he wanted to smack her in the face. "Why the hell.. I went through all of that.. just to learn how to evade stupid pedestrains with sticks?!" He said, turning around. "If they want a fight, then they'll get a fight. I'm going with the scouting crew once they crash. I want to meet my assailants face to face.."
 JediMaster12
03-29-2006, 7:39 PM
"Calm yourself you will," Lilah spoke softly and yet with a will. She continued, "Let Annika explain to us."
 Xbx_Inthusiast
03-31-2006, 10:09 AM
He just kept walking, shaking a little from anger. Why the hell.. They're on their own.. He said to himself, heading out of the building and outside into fresh air. (Gah, it's hard to rp here because I don't know the landscape and I don't know what room we were in. Didn't know if this was a village or just one big building, or if there is even an outside..)
 Writer
03-31-2006, 11:03 AM
((Sorry for really not explaining the place... we landed in a small city. From there, we were taken through 'The Maze', a thing sorta like the catacombs of Rome... it's easy to get lost there because the passages cross and recross each other all over the place. We're two miles underground and four miles outside the city.))

"Looking for something?" one of the locals asked Lionel, staring at him curiously.

-------------

"We should go after him," Annika said quietly. Without another word, she headed for the door.

((I expect Annika waited a couple minutes before deciding this... so Lionel's a little ways ahead.))
 Xbx_Inthusiast
03-31-2006, 11:04 PM
"Yeah.. the scouting party.. when are they heading out?" He said, turning towards the local. 'In a few hours, why?' The local asked, curious. "I'm going with them.." The local nodded and started off in a random direction, obviously towards the meeting place. 'Follow me, i'm guessing Annika wanted you to go with them.. in that case, i'll be glad to take you,' he spoke, motioning for Lionel to come along.

As Lionel followed the local, he glanced back at the building he was just in, then back to the local, smiling a little bit- finally getting his way.
 Writer
04-01-2006, 3:26 AM
((Well, I was gonna control the local and have him lead you out of the Maze, but you're an impatient one, aren't you :p ))

"Saw you once in Maze training," the local remarked. "I'm Torst, by the way. You're good... you and your friend. You both are. Haven't had anyone get past us so quickly since Annika first arrived."

He led Lionel through several turns in the Maze and continued to talk. "I suppose that's understandable though. Most of us here aren't Force sensitive... so it's harder for us to find you. Still possible, but harder. I think it's what makes Annika so good at what she does."

He shrugged. "The Elders would probably tell me to shut up now," he admitted.

-------------------

Annika led Lilah through the maze until they came to another local.

"Lead us out," Annika said. "Our friend has gone ahead of us. We're going out with the search party."

"Best to know your enemy, yes, Ms. Venn?" the girl asked. Annika nodded.

"That's right, Tana," she agreed. The girl nodded and started leading them out.
 Xbx_Inthusiast
04-01-2006, 12:29 PM
He followed the local and nodded along with his words. He didn't want to speak right now, due to the many things on his mind at the moment.
Page: 4 of 5