Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Request for a mod.

Page: 1 of 1
 tomme
03-01-2006, 5:09 PM
Hello all. I'm new to this forum... I actually discovered it for a few days ago when I was looking for mods to Empire at war. Great site!

Anyway. I really like the game. I have realism mod installed, and it makes the ground battles so much more fun. But I have come to the part of the game where veichles rules supreme. I'm playing the singelplayer part of the games as the Empire.

I was just wondering if someone could make a simple mod to rule out some of the veichles? Like the artillery, and all of the rebellions tanks. I love infantery battles. You can keep the at-at. Because the rebellion has the rocket luncher guys that makes up for that.

Well, is it possible? Because right now, the infantery is dying like flies to artillery and tanks and whatnot. So there is no use for them, and I find that very very boring.

If it is not possible, can you give some tips how to remove veichles from the game?

Thanks.
tomme
 Bob Lion54
03-01-2006, 5:53 PM
First and foremost, let me say welcome to Lucasforums. Enjoy your stay, but don't feed the mods. The admins have them on a very strick diet. and they bite. J/K (errrr..... I think I need sleep.)

Anyway, sinse I don't have a place to upload it at the moment, I can't do it. However, I can tell you how.

If you don't know how to edit XMLs, read the sticky at the top of the page.

Basically, what you want to do is set the tech level requirements for any unit you don't want to be made to 6 (or anything over 5, really). Sinse 5 is the highest level, the rebels (or Empire) will never be able to build the unit.

Hope that helps!
 Three60
03-01-2006, 7:27 PM
OR you could turn off all units other then the AT-AT and infantry.
 tomme
03-02-2006, 9:30 AM
ah, thanks alot! I will get right to it.

Just one more question. I get the part with the tech level, but what command is it for turning the units off?
 Three60
03-02-2006, 10:10 AM
<Build_Initially_Locked>Yes</Build_Initially_Locked>
And if it's a rebel unit...
<Build_Can_Be_Unlocked_By_Slicer>No</Build_Can_Be_Unlocked_By_Slicer>
Page: 1 of 1