Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mara Jade in Z95

Page: 1 of 1
 usul
03-01-2006, 11:32 AM
I was playing around today with the XML, I've never really modded before. I got Mara Jade to work in the Galactic Conquest, but I also got her to flying a lone Z-95. I haven't heard of anyone doing this before, so I figured I'd post it. All her stats are unique, basically a slightly enhanced Z-95 with Slave One health.

The ZIP I put up has the XML files, so just copy those a la the instructions in the sticky up on the top of the topic list. This adds Mara jade and Kyle Katarn to most of the Galactic Conquest Maps(I got lazy), its easy to add them to the rest just add in starting units "Mara_Jade_Team" or "Katarn_Team"

Its cool to copy and use these as you want, it was not all that complicated, and most modders could probably do this fairly quickly anyways on thier own.

Link(Fixed):

http://www.lehigh.edu/~blr209/MaraJade.zip)

http://www.lehigh.edu/~blr209/jadefire.bmp)
 Lundquist
03-01-2006, 2:00 PM
Please do, I've been looking for this but I'm not a modder and all that code talk might as well be russian to me.

btw, does Mara also work on land battles in GC?
 ual002
03-01-2006, 2:03 PM
What about making a model for mara jade's ship from Jedi Knight Mysteries of the sith?You guys know what im talking about?
 Master Nikolaos
03-01-2006, 2:07 PM
Yes, thats the same question I have. I'm trying to do the same thing, only I gave her a Tie Squadron with a modded Z-95. The thing I need to figure out(as I've said plenty of times in other posts) is how to keep the heroes in their new ships while at the same time enabling them for ground battles(when they land, because the Modly Crow and Z-95 are not transports, they give you CTD)
 wswordsmen
03-01-2006, 3:54 PM
Link isn't working for me
 Master Nikolaos
03-01-2006, 6:11 PM
I got both Jade and Katarn to work for the campaign, used my previous Z-95 fighter for Jade, Moldy Crow for Katarn and made them:

1: Respawn on tech advance like the rest of the heroes for Galactic Conflict and Empire at War Campaigns.

2: Made it possible for them to work in land battles (they now use Alliance/Empire Shuttle respectively to land).

3. Took care of as many estheatic problems as possible(sounds for attack, etc).

I also modded a couple other things. My goal is to release a mod, but I'm not sure when I'll do it(could be today, tomorrow, or a week).
 Adonnay
03-02-2006, 2:13 AM
You have to add the following line:

<Landing_Transport_Variant>Alliance_Shuttle_Landing</Landing_Transport_Variant>

Of course you can exchange the Alliance_Shuttle_Landing with every other landing variant of an existing ship... there aren't very much though. This way they land in a different craft.. but at least it works.
 Three60
03-02-2006, 7:54 AM
I put this in, but I got shuttles for both of them.

EDIT: I got it to work now.
 Boba-Ramp
03-02-2006, 7:59 AM
Awesome!

But I still think Mara Jade needs a ship of her own. Just like Katarn. But nevertheless , nice one!
 Master Nikolaos
03-02-2006, 10:17 AM
Yeah, I figured out the landing part two days ago, and I got mara to fly her modded Z-95(without the squadron, as I figured she's more of the loner type. I'll try to release my mod today, but no promises.
 wswordsmen
03-02-2006, 3:07 PM
where do you put that line?
 Master Nikolaos
03-02-2006, 6:54 PM
I've released my mod (Space Wookie). You can take a look under Mara Jade and Kyle Katarn in my Herocompanies.xml file and under Z-95 Jade and Moldy Crow lines in my uniqueunits. xml. I'm sure you'll figure it out. HINT: Landing Variation?
 musicman172001
03-10-2006, 3:41 AM
I got Mara Jade to work in the Galactic Conquest, but I also got her...

I was playing some GC today when it dawned on me that Mara was missing from the gameplay mode. I want to add her to galactic conquest and i've searched through several XML files and can't figure out what i need to add/change/delete in order to make her available. I don't want her in a starfighter or anything like that...just the mara you get in skirmish land mode to be able to work in GC. I'm assuming based on reading this forum and others that Katarn isn't in the rebel GC either so I'd like to get him in there as well. Also I don't want her to just pop up on a map when you go to a land battle...i'd like to be able to add both characters at the tech level of my choice and operate like any other hero unit. thanks!
Page: 1 of 1