Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Sensors and sight ranges

Page: 1 of 1
 Rhedd-5
02-27-2006, 5:51 PM
I tried to increase the sight range of the land-based, build-pad buildable sensor nodes, so they were a bit more useful, but nothing seems to have any effect whatsoever.

I tried editing the <Land_FOW_Reveal_Range> value under <GroundBuildable Name="UC_Rebel_Buildable_Sensor_Node"> in GROUNDBUILDABLES.XML.

Oddly enough, that line didn't exist and I had to add it, which would seem to me to mean that the sensor node was using the basic "UC_Rebel_Buildable_Abstract_Type" object's sight range.

Of course, experimentally changing that didn't help either.

Anyone have any ideas how to make the sensor node "see" farther?
 Darth_Torpid-PG
02-27-2006, 7:58 PM
Try the object Abstract_Sensor_Array in GroundStructures.XML - the UC versions are "under construction" that is, the object that shows the scaffolding while it is building - they don't have any real stats associated with them.
 Darth_Torpid-PG
02-27-2006, 8:17 PM
Here's a sample hard point for a fighter bay:

<HardPoint Name="HP_FIGHTER_BAY_00">
<Type> HARD_POINT_FIGHTER_BAY </Type>
<Is_Targetable>Yes</Is_Targetable>
<Is_Destroyable>Yes</Is_Destroyable>
<Attachment_Bone>SPAWN_00</Attachment_Bone>
<Collision_Mesh>SPAWN_00</Collision_Mesh>
<Tooltip_Text>TEXT_FIGHTER_BAY_HARDPOINT</Tooltip_Text>
<Health>1000.0</Health>

<Fighter_Bay_Flyout_Distance>800.0</Fighter_Bay_Flyout_Distance>

<Death_Explosion_Particles> Large_Explosion_Space_Empire</Death_Explosion_Particles>
<Death_Explosion_SFXEvent>Unit_Hardpoint_Bay_Death</Death_Explosion_SFXEvent>
</HardPoint>

The attachment bone is the important part. If you don't have this line, it will attempt to attach the hard point to the center point of the model. So if you added it without replacing another hard point, chances are that's what's happening. You can either move it to an existing bone, or if you don't mind it in the center you can leave it there, but I would recommend not making it destroyable in that case.
 Rhedd-5
02-27-2006, 10:00 PM
Not sure why the hardpoint info in this thread, but I DO find that info useful too. ^_^ Thanks for the answers!

EDIT: Yep. That did it. The sensor array works like a charm now. Thanks again!
 Darth_Torpid-PG
02-28-2006, 11:39 AM
Well that's weird - I posted that in a different thread. Don't know how it ended up here :D
 Jan Gaarni
02-28-2006, 11:46 AM
Which thread was it, and I'll move it there?
 gswift
03-01-2006, 5:07 PM
Which thread was it, and I'll move it there?

This looks like the place:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=161497)
Page: 1 of 1