Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Idea about new models

Page: 1 of 1
 Three60
02-27-2006, 12:19 AM
The game loads what models the game is told to load, right? And we know where they would be found if we edited them, right? Why not make our own models using another program and having the game read them? I can't do it, I can't make a decent model at all, but if someone could test this it would push our mods forward in development.
 Wildcat'
02-27-2006, 12:24 AM
I can model, in fact in the space battle 2.1 mod thread by mistenTH I showed a TIE interceptor model I started to work on for EaW. BUT, we can't just throw the models in. We need the certain filetype, and in this case of EaW, the files are .dds (textures, I know there's a way to edit this I just can't remember where the tools are [the ones I've seen aren't meant for EaW specifically but they will work]) and the model with the mesh and bones are in .ALO and the animations are in .ALA. Now we can make all the models and skin them but we can do nothing to get them into the game until the developers release the mod tools,which I pray, will include the model and animation exporters for let's say, 3dsmax which I hear is the program that the devs used to make the models for EaW.
 Three60
02-27-2006, 12:25 AM
Okay, thanks for letting me know.
Hey, let's pressure them to release them sooner then later!
 Wildcat'
02-27-2006, 1:24 AM
I'm right with ya on that, lol.
Page: 1 of 1