Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

So, anyone figured out how to turn off Fog of War yet?

Page: 1 of 1
 evenflow80
02-26-2006, 9:19 PM
Last time I asked no one had a clue. I'm sure there's an option in the XML files because if you capture a sensor station the Fog of war is gone completely. Thanks to whoever helps out!
 BuCkEt!
02-26-2006, 10:39 PM
It's probably just something to do with the line of sight coding for those particular structures.

ie: line_of_sight = 9999999
 Slocket
02-26-2006, 11:42 PM
just try add to what land building you wish to have the FOW lifted.

Groundstructures.xml

<Land_FOW_Reveal_Range>200.0</Land_FOW_Reveal_Range>

some huge number.

The Comm Sensor Abandoned uses the scale factor to make it huge,

<GroundStructure Name="Uplink_Station">
<GUI_Bounds_Scale>0.15</GUI_Bounds_Scale>
<Text_ID>TEXT_STRUCTURE_UPLINK_STATION</Text_ID>
<Encyclopedia_Unit_Class>TEXT_ENCYCLOPEDIA_CLASS_STRUCTURE</Encyclopedia_Unit_Class>
<Land_Model_Name>w_uplink_station.alo</Land_Model_Name>
<Select_Box_Scale>30</Select_Box_Scale>
<GUI_Bracket_Size>2</GUI_Bracket_Size>
<Behavior>SELECTABLE</Behavior>
<LandBehavior>LAND_OBSTACLE, EARTHQUAKE_TARGET</LandBehavior>
<Land_FOW_Reveal_Range>200.0</Land_FOW_Reveal_Range>
<Mass>1.0</Mass>
<Scale_Factor>3.3</Scale_Factor>

See the value there? FOW is 200, the Scale_Factor = 3.3 that is the trick. makes it effective 660 range.
 evenflow80
02-27-2006, 3:55 AM
Tried that method, it really, really hurts the performance of the game for some bizarre reason. It takes an inexplicable nose dive to put it bluntly. I have no idea why that is.

BUT... I didn't know what number to set it to to make the fog of war completely go away. I just put in some huge number, but if the comm sensor makes it 200... guess 200 is all I need. Will try, and thanks!
 Adonnay
02-27-2006, 3:57 AM
I made it in a way that the FOW is still there but once revealed it will take about 100 minutes to become fogged again... works quite nicely.
 Slocket
02-27-2006, 4:03 AM
Adonnay, that is interesting. Another spin on it.

Evenflow80, make sure to include the Scale_Factor at 3.3 instead of 1.0.

That scale factor seems to be important to lift it for the whole map in regards to the Comm_Station_Abandon stuff below it.
 Adonnay
02-27-2006, 5:25 AM
The Sensor Array you mean Slocket is in the SECONDARYSTRUCTURES.XML I think and has a reveal range of 10000:

<SecondaryStructure Name="Secondary_Abandoned_Sensor">
<Land_FOW_Reveal_Range>10000.0</Land_FOW_Reveal_Range>
 Darth_Torpid-PG
02-27-2006, 8:10 PM
Actually scale_factor affects the model scale (i.e. size). Land_FOW_Reveal_Range is the one you want.
 Slocket
02-27-2006, 8:17 PM
Hey, that is good to know.

I was just guessing. I would have never thought about SecondaryStructures.xml

And it is good to know that scale factor is the size of the model. I got tired and slept on it, I never tested it yet.

At any rate, I guess the solution is given. :)
Page: 1 of 1