Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Rebellion: Ships Wanted

Page: 1 of 1
 Master Leffe
02-26-2006, 3:00 PM
I figure that the Rebellion needs at least one other ship to balance this game. The Empire has two ships with handy abilities: The TIE Scout allows them to spy on the Rebels at will, and in Galactic Conquest, the Interdictor can be handy for preventing escpae (Though it is a kind of weak ship, I'll admit).

The Venator is the only ship in the game besides Y-Wings and capital ships that is able to fire ion blasts, so why not give it to the Rebels? I ran into a problem though: I can't get the ship to appear in the build bar of the Rebel Station in tech 3 like i want it to. Can someone tell me how to add it in? I checked the method described in the "Venator Enabled" thread, but it didn't do anything. Any help would be appreciated.
 Adonnay
02-26-2006, 5:23 PM
Quick guide:

- assign a build cost
- make sure the unit is not locked (build_initially_locked or something like that)
- or if it is locked make sure it can be unlocked by slicer
- check the tech_level and the required_star_base_level
- make sure you edit the jedi_cruiser_R not the regular jedi_cruiser or the changes will be available for the empire too

Sample:
<Affiliation>Rebel</Affiliation>
<Build_Initially_Locked>Yes</Build_Initially_Locked>
<Build_Can_Be_Unlocked_By_Slicer>Yes</Build_Can_Be_Unlocked_By_Slicer>
<Slice_Cost_Credits>2000</Slice_Cost_Credits>
<Tech_Level>2</Tech_Level>
<Required_Timeline>0</Required_Timeline>
<Required_Ground_Base_Level>0</Required_Ground_Base_Level>
<Required_Star_Base_Level>4</Required_Star_Base_Level>
<Required_Special_Structures />
<Required_Planets />
<Build_Cost_Credits>3300</Build_Cost_Credits>
<Build_Time_Seconds>25</Build_Time_Seconds>
 Master Leffe
02-26-2006, 5:26 PM
Alright, but where does this bit of coding go? Which .xml file and where in it? Sorry if I'm being a pain, but I don't want to screw this up.
 dookie23
02-26-2006, 5:32 PM
Under the uniqueunits I bet where the venator is located.
 Master Leffe
02-26-2006, 6:10 PM
That's what I thought, too, but I'm not certain and anyway, I wouldn't know where to put the data...
 OzWolf
02-26-2006, 7:04 PM
I got it into the singleplayer GC game by placing it in the spaceunitsfrigates.xml (sp?) file. I can send you the entry if you want.

I basically cloned the Nebulon-B entry in the file and called the ship Jedi_Cruiser_R (also have a Jedi_Cruiser_E variant as well) and used the Venator model.

Basically the only thing that needs to be done with the XML entry is to set appropriate values for attack/cost/scale/etc. Hardpoints, armour, animation values and death clone are all done.

I have successfully tested this in single player campaigns...the cruisers died quickly though because it was a mix between Venator and Neb-B attributes and I haven't finished the job yet :P
 Master Leffe
02-26-2006, 7:17 PM
Sur, if you could send it, that'd be great.
Page: 1 of 1