Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Ship Descriptions

Page: 1 of 1
 Master Leffe
02-26-2006, 1:40 PM
Does anyone know how to alter the text that goes with the "Good Against... Bad Against..." chart of a ship. Where it says something like "Armed with 2 heavy turbolaser and 3 proton torpedo launchers...". I wanted to change the text on a few ships, but I'm not sure if it's possible. Any ideas?
 mandead
02-26-2006, 1:50 PM
"...GameData/Data/Text/MasterTextFile_ENGLISH.DAT"

You will need the .DAT editor from Empire at War Nexus to edit the file.

When inside, just scroll down to the unit descriptions at the bottom of the file. You can edit anything inside fairly easily. I don't think you can cock anything up either, which is good for new modders and whatnot.

:vsd:
 Bob Lion54
02-26-2006, 2:05 PM
Its pretty simple, but it took me forever to figure out how to do it.

You just need to alter the masterTEXTFILE located in "Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Empire at War\GameData\Data\Text." Its a .dat file so you will need a dat editor. You can find one here- http://pff.swrebellion.com/index.php?topic=2663.0)

To find out what line you need to change, look at the the line <Encyclopedia_Text> **** </Encyclopedia_Text> in the appropriate XML. For example, Home One would be <Encyclopedia_Text> TEXT_TOOLTIP_HOME_ONE </Encyclopedia_Text>.

Just FYI, the unit name is <Text_ID>TEXT_UNIT_HOME_ONE</Text_ID>.

EDIT: DOH! Seems mandead beat me to it.
 Master Leffe
02-26-2006, 2:26 PM
Alright, thanks. Wow, that was a whole lot easier than I'd expected!
Page: 1 of 1