Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mod Ideas About Ground ASSualt

Page: 1 of 1
 Spaxspore
02-25-2006, 9:35 PM
I dont know if this is possible. But some of it would be awesome if i t could be modded into the game.
I know i posted this in the general section, but i wanted to see what you mod heads make of it/ think of it.

Here are some IDeas i was thinking of -

What i wish is whatever garrision they have on a planet that is all the troops they can have if they r under attack. Could you imagine @ the battle of hoth rebel troops training while under attack by AT-ATs???

I wish they would do what the did in Rebellion, have the garrision the only defense on the ground. And not be able to build while under blockade/ground assualt. And what happened to orbital boundbardments?????
 Zorromorph
02-25-2006, 11:10 PM
I personally hate the spawning garrisons and that is easily done. Orbital bombardments would be quite involved, and may or may not be possible.
 Necroe
02-25-2006, 11:58 PM
they had it originally

under the star destroyer there was like can_orbital_bombard
 Spaxspore
02-26-2006, 1:44 AM
i can live without orbital boundbardments if they cant be added. But i must have it so they cant build units while under attack. To me thats soo unrealistic
 Adonnay
02-26-2006, 2:37 AM
Well... while that is easily modded I doubt that it would be more fun, especially for fast dying units like PLEX soldiers or ordinary troopers. If they don't respawn there's no point in defending at all, you could just hand the planet over. I don't really see them as respawning but just as the planet having much more troops available than can be landed via an assault force. I mean they control a whole planet... the reason why there are reinforcements is that they don't throw everything they have at the enemy at once. A compromise would be to just limit the number of respawns. Let's say troops have 10 reserves and AT-STs about 2 (companies) and AT-ATs 1 at most (which is what I did). And you could up the respawn timer so that they don't come running out of the base as soon as you killed the first one. Make it two or three minutes wait time and you should have time to level the base if its not defended properly.
Page: 1 of 1