Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Troop Transports: Anyone tried to make one yet?

Page: 1 of 1
 XavionDeos
02-25-2006, 11:51 AM
The question is: does anyone know if the framweork in the game exists to put units INTO other units and get the same unit back out again. Im looking into this but since my time has been very limited lately i wanted to see if anyone had tried to do one yet and if so, how sucessful they were in getting that function to work. If not, then lets see if we can figure out how. It would be a great addition both for a balance mod for the existing game as well as for the TC mods that people are working on.

-X
 Three60
02-25-2006, 12:11 PM
It looks like you can put heroes into buildings, so I don't see why not units into other units. Unless it was taken out of the EXE.
 XavionDeos
02-26-2006, 3:04 PM
Oh, im pretty sure that you can get units into other units. And i know that you can get units out of other units (garrisoned units for example). The trick is getting it to re-spawn the SAME unit w/o altering the pop count, health, etc.

Also, since im gonna be trying to make this for my first real mod for this game, anyone have any suggestions as to what should be added? I know im doing a traditional APC type vehicle for the Rebels (using the T2B model as a placeholder till they come out with the exporter for 3dsmax). I really want to give the empire a flying short-range transport, as it will make building AA turrets actually valuable for the rebels. Im thinking something along the line of the transport-gunships used by the clone troops in the geonosis battle in Ep2. Comments?
 Wildcat'
02-26-2006, 3:13 PM
maybe just use the lander shuttle?
 Darth Luna
02-26-2006, 9:38 PM
or add the at-at special ability that drops troops to certain vehicles.
 Jmaster3265
02-26-2006, 9:52 PM
The question is: does anyone know if the framweork in the game exists to put units INTO other units and get the same unit back out again. Im looking into this but since my time has been very limited lately i wanted to see if anyone had tried to do one yet and if so, how sucessful they were in getting that function to work. If not, then lets see if we can figure out how. It would be a great addition both for a balance mod for the existing game as well as for the TC mods that people are working on.

-X

Huh? I don't get what you are talking about and what it has to do with the title? Putting units into other units? what?
 BuCkEt!
02-26-2006, 10:33 PM
[quote]Huh? I don't get what you are talking about and what it has to do with the title? Putting units into other units? what?[/quote

He means he is unsure whether or not you can store one type of unit 'inside' another. It's just a wierd way of asking if you can make transport units with the current game structure.

The idea is good, means no more slaughtering of infantry or waiting for them to stroll across the map.
Page: 1 of 1