Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Scrolling Down Issue!!!!--FIX it Lucasarts or Petroglyph

Page: 1 of 1
 jake123456
02-22-2006, 8:56 PM
Am I the only one or do you sometimes begin scrolling down the map in one direction too and can't do anything about it. This issue is driving me crazy, how many times do we have to ask lucasarts to fix this.
 popcorn2008
02-22-2006, 9:00 PM
I haven't ran into the problem myself....

... and this belongs in the tech support forum.

>>MoVeD<<
 dstagl
02-23-2006, 12:24 AM
I was having this problem, too. I unplugged my joystick and that fixed it.

Dave
 vanen22
02-23-2006, 2:16 AM
I have this problem also, and the only way to fix it is to restart the game. Well for me atleast. I am glad to see im not the only one having this problem.
 popcorn2008
02-23-2006, 6:19 AM
Can you describe the exact problem in more detail? All I understand is the game scrolls spontaneoulsy.
 DCorris
02-23-2006, 6:57 AM
i think its been mentioned that its something to do with holding or scrolling when u leave a game map or menu, something like that

ive found if i use the direction keys on my keyboard in the direction the scrolling is going it stops and i can carry on
 gswift
02-23-2006, 4:04 PM
There's info on this topic in Yoda's help desk on LucasArts.com. I remember seeing several possible causes. Certain USB mice, hardware cursor support, joy sticks and game pads, just to name a few.

"It seems in your anger, you have hardware compatability bugs" :)
 vanen22
02-23-2006, 5:55 PM
The problem in more detail is, the screen will scroll itself to the bottom of the map like your pressing the down direction key. When I try to press the direction key back up it will not move, but you can click and drag the mouse on the mini map to move it back. When you let go it will then once again scroll back to the bottom of the map. This happens in space,land, and gc screens. When I reload the game it will scroll to the bottom once it loads. When I exit the game, and restart the problem is fixed until it occurs again. I don't have a joystick so this could not be the cause for me, and I use a wireless usb mouse.
 NinjaCool
02-24-2006, 9:39 AM
I experince the exact same problem sometimes (no joystick installed) but hitting the various arrow keys fixes the problem.
Page: 1 of 1