Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Just how moderated is this forum?

Page: 1 of 1
 Weiser_Cain
02-22-2006, 10:07 AM
Been away for a while. Noticed a topic get locked tonight, granted it was verging on being a little silly but... I also think I noticed a post disappear in another topic. How common is this?
 Darth333
02-22-2006, 10:25 AM
I don't know about which topic you are talking about but the most common reasons why topics get locked are flaming, going off-topic, multiple threads on the same topic.

Sometimes posts get deleted when they are offensive or off-topic in order to prevent the thread from derailing too much.
 ChAiNz.2da
02-22-2006, 10:28 AM
Depends on how/if the topic starts diverting.. or the post "bends" or flat out disregards the Forum Rules...

However, if there is a question over a decision, please by all means let one of the moderators know (PM). Topics have been known to become unlocked.. or posts re-appearing if it warrants the overturning.

Alot of the decisions have to be "judgement calls" based on the mod(s), s-mods, admins ... and have to be made quickly so as to not let things 'fester' or inflame...

Everything is always open to discussion however :)

As far as how "common" would also be determinent (and alot "less" common) if some of the users actually read the Rules before posting rather than "asking for forgiveness later"...

Rules should be posted in pertinent Forums.. but this Set of Rules (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=150980) best outlines them in a nutshell.
 The Doctor
02-22-2006, 7:14 PM
In simple terms: It's not very common at all. When posts are deleted, many people don't really notice, and they're never deleted for no reason. Like ChAiNz said, if people read the rules, it wouldn't happen at all. That's why I read the rules after a while. Avoids bannage;)
 El Sitherino
02-23-2006, 12:35 AM
What is this moderation you speak of?
Page: 1 of 1