Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Graphics are all messed up

Page: 1 of 1
 gulihur
02-18-2006, 6:07 PM
I am getting the little pixel boxes all over the screen when the game starts up. I have a Nvidia 5600 128 MB card, I know it is old, but the setup program that is on the disk finds no errors with my system or drivers. P4 2.4 512 MB Ram, Sound blaster Live vaule card. I have updated all my drivers to the most current video and sound drivers. Any help would be great.

Randy :vsd:
 shadowsfm
02-18-2006, 6:15 PM
my laptop has invisable planets, i only see a glow where they should be
 DarkLord1981
02-18-2006, 7:20 PM
Well, i get it too on my setup:

AMD AthlonXP 2600+
1024MB DDR PC2700
Nvidia Geforce 6800GT 128MB
SB Audigy 2

The only way around this corruption is to run the game, get into the menu, go into the video setting, change your resolution, apply, then bam, graphics fixed and then set the resolution back to what it was and its working fine, but then you can't start a new campaign and watch the 'A Long time ago' intro otherwise, the corruption returns and its even worse, so worse that you can't even do what i said you do. (this time, you just exit the game and reload)

If you do the resolution thing and then start a new game.....immediately skip the intro and you should be fine....you should think the devs would have found this problem.....but i guess not.

Before any of the Moderators ask, i have tried all the drivers, EVEN the one that the troubleshooting guide recommends, i have only got this kind of corruption on Empire at War.....demo and the retail version.

EDIT: I have even asked my mom to try it on hers, she had a ATI Radeon 9800Pro in hers, i wanted to see if it was Nvidia specific or the game, but she tried the demo and she didn't think it was strategic enough to be counted as a RTS, she says that the AI is not evenly balanced and they seem to know where you are and where you move too.
Page: 1 of 1