Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

laptop help

Page: 1 of 1
 shadowsfm
02-18-2006, 5:10 PM
anyone know what i should do if my laptop dont want to read disks no more? its awful when you need the cd just to start up the game.
 Daddyboom
02-18-2006, 5:15 PM
i dont now i tried it on my labtop and the game was too slow too play, so you might not even be able to play on a labtop
 shadowsfm
02-18-2006, 5:19 PM
i have played it, yes its slow, but my dvd drive is not working well today

ill try to clean the lens with a lens cloth

worked, hope it stays working
 onapartyrock
02-19-2006, 12:08 PM
On the read error; worst case secario is to replace the drive if the discs do read in other systems, a cheaper way is to get an external drive that is USB2 and a PCMCIA USB2 card if your laptop does not have USB2. If the discs do not work in another system then replace them.

As far as laptops, I'm running it on a Toshiba 5205-S705 wich is an old Pentium 4-M 2.4GHz (not the newer Petiumn Mobile chip) with 1 Gig on memory and a NVIDIA GeForce FX Go 5600 with 64MB - the game is playable with all detail turned to max (a bit on the slow side) and when you take everything down one notch it is rather smooth; this being done at 1024x768 at 1600x1200 the game is just a tab bit slower but not that noticeable.

The key to playing on a laptop is having a dedicated GPU (NVIDIA or ATI, not Intel), shared memory will slow it greatly.

My next laptop, between a Dell or Sager right now, will have 256MB Nvidia 7800gtx so I should be able to play the game maxed out with no slow down at all.
Page: 1 of 1