Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Maintenance values in factions.xml

Page: 1 of 1
 hondo1375
02-18-2006, 4:09 PM
I'm working on a simple asymmetric warfare mod to highlight some of the differences between playing an established empire versus a growing rebellion.

I'm playing around with the maintenance values in the factions.xml file trying to increase Empire maintenance costs. I can't see where this cost is factored into the game though, as the Empire is getting the full value of it's planets added to it's treasury.

Any ideas?

Thanks, hondo
 Slocket
02-18-2006, 4:53 PM
The whole maintence idea was scraped due to time/dumb down the game. It was spoken about by one of the Petro guys. (if it confuses a five year old...scrap it).

You wil also find remnants of Dimplomacy in there too.

I do not think the game engine uses it. Maybe they could re-enable it in the future, and why would they leave old code in the XML?

Make the base income from planets negative, you must then use Mines and Trade routes to gain income. So a large planet base will need alot of infrastructure to support it -ripe for the rebellion to destroy.
 hondo1375
02-18-2006, 5:04 PM
Make the base income from planets negative, you must then use Mines and Trade routes to gain income. So a large planet base will need alot of infrastructure to support it -ripe for the rebellion to destroy.

Thanks for the suggestion. The only problem is that when the Rebels take it, they'll then inherit the problem, which spoils the asymmetry. I might use the credits accummulation factor (please don't tell me that's disabled too!) in factions.xml to give the Empire a lower rate, which I'm assuming means it gets a lower income for a planet than if the Rebels occupied it.

Hondo
 Slocket
02-18-2006, 5:42 PM
credits accummulation factor I have not tested. It is 0.95 for Rebels and 0.85 for Empire faction. I think it may only apply to Skirmish games though. So it will not work in Galactic Conquest?

In GC mode, the income is computed per day, so I do not see how it would apply. Try testing it in Skirmish, then GC mode to find the answer.

EDIT:

Rebels do get smugglers, and they drain alot of money away from the Empire.

If you notice when conquering a planet, there is a negative Rehabiltation fund applied for a few seconds...manipulate that? Is there still a Capture Bonus also for a planet?
Page: 1 of 1