Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Iridonian vs Zabrak

Page: 1 of 1
 zadi
02-14-2006, 11:43 PM
I never did really understand why they refer to Bao-Dur as both Zabrak and Iridonian. Are those really the same thing or is it like more like saying, Revan is human (species) but not an (no kidding) an Earthling (planet)? So Bao-Dur is a Iridonian Zabrak vs another type (planet) Zabrak?
 Jackel
02-15-2006, 12:10 AM
From what I understand (can't find anything on starwars.com about Bao Dur or Zabraks) Zabraks are just another species that live on Iridonia.
 90SK
02-15-2006, 12:12 AM
I think it's like comparing, say, a Malaysian iguana and a Pacific iguana. You know: both iguanas, but different types. Something like that.

(Figuratively speaking, of course)
 Char Ell
02-15-2006, 12:32 AM
As I understand it Iridonia is the original homeworld of the Zabrak race. However it appears that the Zabrak have colonized many worlds in the SW galaxy and so many Zabrak are born on worlds other than Iridonia. So I believe an Iridonian Zabrak is one who was actually born on the Zabrak homeworld. I assume that Bao-Dur was born on Iridonia and that's why they call him both an Iridonian and a Zabrak.
 Melly
02-15-2006, 2:03 AM
It's like saying I'm Human (Zabrak) and an American (Iridonian). One is my species the other my nationality.
 JediMaster12
02-15-2006, 12:27 PM
I was going to say the same thing: Zabrak is a species while Iridonia is a planet. It's like like saying Han Solo is a Corellian because he's from Corellia and he's a human.
 Meatbag
02-15-2006, 5:54 PM
Sometimes it's the horn patterns that mean the planet, but Iridonian means Zabrak.
 JediMaster12
02-15-2006, 6:05 PM
Really? I did not know that. Thanks for the info. :)
 PoiuyWired
02-15-2006, 7:46 PM
Sometimes it's the horn patterns that mean the planet, but Iridonian means Zabrak.

Well, we don't know, cause some Iridonian we met are in a huge helmet.

Well, you can have Corellian Zarbrak, for those Zabrak who lived generations on Corellian.

Like wise, you can have Iridonian Twi'Leks, or Naboo Duros, or the like. As long as the environments are not being too different these things are bond to happen (please don't start doing something silly like Rylothian Gungans, or Hothian Tuskens).
 Alkonium
02-15-2006, 7:49 PM
It's like saying I'm Human (Zabrak) and an American (Iridonian). One is my species the other my nationality.
He's got it mostly right. Zabrak is Bao-dur's species, but Iridonian is his nationality. Or the species has more than one name, as Zabraks originated on Iridonia.
 Melly
02-16-2006, 12:53 AM
He's got it mostly right. Zabrak is Bao-dur's species, but Iridonian is his nationality. Or the species has more than one name, as Zabraks originated on Iridonia.

She. ;) And isn't that ^ what I said. :)

About the Zabraks in helmets thing, those aren't Zabraks those are Iridorians. Different species.
 Non-false Jedi
02-19-2006, 2:11 PM
That is true. its is also possible that Zabraks hadn't expanded far off Iridonia yet, i suppose.

Darth Maul was described as a Zabrak from Iridonia...perhaps Iridonian and Zabrak at the time (4000 years pre TPM) meant basically the same thing.
 Melly
02-19-2006, 3:07 PM
That is true. its is also possible that Zabraks hadn't expanded far off Iridonia yet, i suppose.

Bao says that his people had colonies all over the Outer Rim and their destruction is what made him join up.
 Non-false Jedi
02-19-2006, 5:19 PM
Oh right...then nevermind.

I suppose there is just some manner of significance to being from Iridonia, i guess Zabrak are the vast majority there
 Melly
02-19-2006, 9:18 PM
I suppose there is just some manner of significance to being from Iridonia, i guess Zabrak are the vast majority there

It's probably there original planet. You know like how Twi'leks are from Ryloth, Rodian are from Rodia, Devaronians from Devar (or is it Devaron?) etc.
Page: 1 of 1