Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Korriban Rules

Page: 1 of 1
 Lord_Andre
02-13-2006, 5:05 AM
I don't know if Dantooine should be in Kotor3,in Kotor1 was cool but in Kotor2 sucked.Korriban must be in Kotor3 the planet is full of mysteries,Sith relics,burried Sith Lords and many more.If you go on Korriban there should be more quests,find Sith relics,go in THE BIG TOMBS and find ghosts of the dead Sith Lords.
 Lord_Andre
02-13-2006, 5:06 AM
If you don't like it DON'T READ IT.

If you can't take a differing opinion, don't post in a "public" forum.
Don't try this tactic again. - ChAiNz.2da
 MachineCult
02-13-2006, 6:02 AM
I don't like it, and I read it.
 Ice88
02-13-2006, 6:15 AM
while i agree there should be thigns outside of levels that should contribute to ur power e.t.c, if u love sum1 mayb u have a lower tendancy to gain light side as quickly? maybe as light side u can unlock things inside u or int ethe force e.t.c
 Darth Windu
02-13-2006, 8:59 AM
Andre - first off, if you want to add to a post, use the edit function instead of double-posting. It's cleaner and less annoying.

As for the 'if you dont like it, dont read it' - this forum is a place for discussion with everyones opinion just as valid as everyone else's. If people dont like it, they should feel free to say so.

I actually agree with you though that Korriban should be in KotOR3 - its at the boundries of the Sith Empire and would make a good starting point for investigating them.
 Cygnus Q'ol
02-13-2006, 9:51 AM
I can understand *why* some want to re-visit this planet. It's our connection to the sith legacy in this particular game. Quite a few stories begin here. Some end here as well.

My problem with this world is that we've already been here.

TWICE !!!

The reason Dantooine and Korriban aren't as exciting in TSL isn't because of the differences in Obsidian and Bio-ware, it isn't the difference between Revan and the Exile, it isn't because of your party members.

It's because it's no longer new. "Been there, done that..."

I loved when I first got to Dantooine, Cleansing the grove, practicing on Kathounds, raiding the Mandalorians, and ransacking the crystal caves.
Then the next time it was a Kinrath massacre and the same old dead plains.

Korriban was too sweet when I first arrived. Interaction in Dreshdae, a sith academy to explore, tombs to raid, and a sith lord to vanquish.
Not to mention some sweet artifacts and equipment (if playing DS).
Then we go back and, same thing. Roam around the academy then clear out a cave. The test cave was somewhat cool but ended confusingly.

If it's a sith world you want, so be it. But, does it have to be Korriban?
Can't it be some other sith world? I know there's many more.
I'm not tryin' to flame or be purposefully contradictory, I just feel we need new planets and companions to recapture the exitement of the experience that is KotOR.
 Prime
02-13-2006, 11:07 AM
I loved the "face your past" quest on Korriban the second time. I think there are plenty of stories left on that world...
 Cygnus Q'ol
02-13-2006, 11:28 AM
I loved the "face your past" quest on Korriban the second time. I think there are plenty of stories left on that world...

I'm sure there are plenty of stories. Every planet has a billion stories.
But, is there enough to make it fun the *third* time around.
I'm doubting it seriously at this time.
 Vaelastraz
02-13-2006, 12:23 PM
I like the face your past quest too, but this is nothing compared to the Korriban in Kotor I.
I really think we should move on... there are so many interesting planets in the Sw universe, i dont want to explore planets, especially Korriban and Dantoine for a second/third time.
 Shem
02-13-2006, 12:45 PM
Honestly, if there is a KOTOR III, I hope that we visit planets we've never seen before in the KOTOR series. One place I would like to see is Coruscant. We sort of saw it in TSL when the records of the Exile's trial was played, but we only saw the Jedi Council chambers.

Personally, I think Korriban made its use for both games. But that's just my opinion. I did enjoy going to the planet in both games. I also feel that way about Dantooine.
 Lord_Andre
02-13-2006, 3:05 PM
Sorry for what I wroteback there.What new planets should be there,there are many in the Outer Ring.I say that Yavin4 should be a new planet in the game,the planet is in the Outer Rim and Exar's Kun soul is on the planet.About the party I don't know,but it would be cool to see all of them together.

I'm new to this,please someone explain me what to do.so in the futere I won't things up.

Welcome Lord_Andre, here is our Forum Rules (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=150980) thread, each forum has one around here some have additional rules. If you stick to those though you should be A-OK! ;) -RH
 JediMaster12
02-13-2006, 5:51 PM
Well you did double post, probably an ccident but as to the suggestion of Korriban, I agree that it should be mentioned. I even suggested another planet with some Ds history, Yavin IV with the temples and Exar Kun around. A good place to visit.
 Prime
02-13-2006, 8:13 PM
I'm sure there are plenty of stories. Every planet has a billion stories.
But, is there enough to make it fun the *third* time around.
I'm doubting it seriously at this time.I'd disagree, but whatever. :)
 Point Man
02-13-2006, 10:37 PM
I think they could make Korriban interesting, because it is where the original fallen Jedi go. Make it a stop to find out how "The True Sith" corrupted the Jedi originally. That could be incredibly valuable in figuring out how to defeat them. However, as I said in another thread, it has to be more than just the decrepit academy and one more tomb.
 Lord_Andre
02-14-2006, 6:11 AM
Thanks for the understanding guys.If Yavin4 is to be put in the game ,is there a posability to visit the space station that was in Kotor1.What about Coruscant,shouldn't The Exile go there to se The Temple of 1000 Fountains to search for relics or holocrons.What about Taris?it would be cool to see the planet after the Sith bombardment.
 MachineCult
02-14-2006, 7:00 AM
Wouldn't Taris just end up being like Telos? Unless no-one went to do anything about it like with Telos. It would be cool if everything was just in ruins and the survivors formed gangs and theres fighting, but not another Telos.
 Darth Windu
02-14-2006, 8:19 AM
I agree Prime, I loved the sith tomb on Korriban - it's probably my favourite part of either game, it just added soooo much depth to the character. Brilliantly done.
 Renegade Puma
02-14-2006, 8:46 AM
Yes please.

1. Make KOTOR III
2. Give us a huge Korriban to explore :)
 darth traya_321
02-19-2006, 7:06 PM
i do believe in somethings you say. (korriban) in the first game it was fun because all the missions and all the surprises just came right at u!! and when you have to fight to gain reputation and do other stuff to go to the tomb and find the map that u need to find the star forge. in the second game when you went to korriban it was creepyyy. there was not alot of missions to do :holosid:

in the first game for dantoine it was good. and again in the second game it was long and kinda boring with not enough mission's. so i can't really tell u the answer u need. they should put new world's in the the 3 game. ( but i have to admit those games rock!!!!! :mst3k:
 Jae Onasi
02-20-2006, 5:16 PM
I can deal with Korriban (again) _if_ they do something besides the same darn thing as the first 2 games. The only thing different on Korriban in k2 was that one tomb. If you're going to reuse Korriban, at least do other tombs, and skip the shyrack cave and academy in favor of new places to explore. I also don't want it to be dead as a doornail like in K2. I got tired of planets where you run around without anyone to talk to in cantinas/stores/etc. Even if you don't talk to the characters inside cantinas or stores much, at least it's some interaction at times. Peragus was bad enough in that department, but at least it was a new place I hadn't seen before. I just don't want it to be the same old dead tomb planet all over again.
 Cygnus Q'ol
02-21-2006, 10:32 AM
What would be the *best* reasons for going back there?

Maybe I'm missing something. What are we to find?

Wasn't the starmap the only reason Revan went there.
 Lord_Andre
02-27-2006, 2:46 PM
Come on guys more ideas.What about these planets:Hypori,Hoth,Myrkr,Endor,
Saleucami,Mimban,Wayland,Kamino,Jabiim,Bespin,Clou d City,Corellia,Kessel,
Alderaan etc. :vadar:
 Reclaimer
02-27-2006, 4:23 PM
Korriban was great in KOTOR 1, but it really sucked in KOTOR 2. If it does come back, more interaction should be made, or even (as some said) a different Sith world, maybe even the True Sith homeworld.

Suggestions??
 JediMaster12
02-27-2006, 5:01 PM
I would actually like a different area to explore of Korriban. The Academy doesn't, doesn't really cut it for me. Keep the tukata and shyrack coming. Heck I'd like to take on a Hissis again.
 Lord_Andre
03-02-2006, 6:52 AM
New area to explore on Korriban is a good idea,but,many don't even like Korriban anymore.Whw should have a pole to vote if it should or should not apear in Kotor3. :vadar:
 LordReserei
03-02-2006, 7:26 AM
Korriban in KOTOR, was awesome.

Korriban in TSL was kind of mix for me, the secret tomb was awesome but everything else was kinda boring.

Maybe it would've been better if Master Vash was still alive (damn cut content). lol

Korriban in KOTOR III, if it were set somewhere else on the planet it could be cool.

Dantooine in KOTOR, brilliant.

Dantooine in TSL, too long for a limited ammount of areas and quests.

Dantooine in KOTOR III, for me is a no no.
 †Saint_Killa†
03-02-2006, 7:35 AM
perhaps an improved look on graphics on korriban would be very nice. (in addition to many places to explore)
 The Distorted
03-02-2006, 7:43 AM
Korriban was great in KOTOR 1, but it really sucked in KOTOR 2. If it does come back, more interaction should be made, or even (as some said) a different Sith world, maybe even the True Sith homeworld.

Suggestions??

As I suggested in another thread: they should do Vjun - "Vader's Stronghold" :vadar:

Perfect for clues as to where to search (or begin search) in the Unknown Regions - I mean, you gotta find your way around there somewhere!...
 LordReserei
03-02-2006, 8:27 AM
yeah The Distorted...

Vjun, might a cool place to go. it might have been a beautiful place before the rain became acidic and the terrain a desert.

surprisingly I couldn't find any info about this planet in locations archive on starwars.com, but I find this...

http://starwars.wikicities.com/wiki/Vjun)
 Chira
03-02-2006, 11:13 AM
Hmm... I think we should forget Korriban... It would be boring to see that planet third time and not being on some other but very important planets like Coruscant.
 JediMaster12
03-02-2006, 11:43 AM
I was curious about the Sith statues you see from the Valley of the Sith Lords. I was itching to go and explore down and out there.
 Cygnus Q'ol
03-02-2006, 5:31 PM
You know, I think that's what turned me off a bit in TSL also.

It seems like a vast planet with many areas to explore. We were stuck in this very small area. Took some of the fun out of it for me.

If we *have* to go back, I'll be skeptical at first, and it'll be up to the devs to prove me wrong.
 Clone L68362
03-02-2006, 5:54 PM
I liked Dantooine and Korriban for K2. You get to see what Revan's actions did to them, and besides, Dantooine was kinda cool because of the new stuff, and Korriban was good enough because of the atmosphere *shudders at music*

If they aren't in K3, I won't really care, but if they are, I wouldn't mind either, as long as there are more planets than last time. Having them take up 2 of the 5 or 6 slots for planets would make me mad.
 Non-false Jedi
03-02-2006, 6:06 PM
i think that the Korriban we see is in Kotor different than the Korriban we see in other EU...maybe they could show us another part of Korriban to aleviate the discrepancy.
Page: 1 of 1