Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Thrawn Campaigns Mod?

Page: 1 of 1
 Capstani
02-05-2006, 6:17 PM
Would anyone here be interested in a Thrawn Campaigns style mod? I don't think anyone else is working on something of that style yet (don't point me to the OT version of IA2 or the Legacy mod, they're not quite this). Basically it would be a (relatively) small addon mod for standard EaW that would move the time period forward to slightly post-ROTJ during the era covered by Zahn's Thrawn trilogy.

It wouldn't be a huge "add everything possible" mod, I think I'd concentrate more on improving the stuff that ships with the game and adding a couple of new units, as well as reworking the campaign mode to fit Thrawn's... campaign.

The Rebellion would become the New Republic, adding the newer fighters like the E-Wing, and providing upgrades to the current set of ships - maybe a couple of new moncals. A few new heroes too - General Bel Iblis and the like. The Rebellion would become 'civilized'.

The Empire would stay as the Empire, but a bunch of more 'advanced' fighters would be added, as well as modifications to existing ships and some new capitals (lancer frigate comes to mind). We'd have to remove a few heroes, add others (Thrawn :D, Pellaeon, etc.). More ground stuff would be available, and some cut out too - the Empire would be working with less forces until Wayland is discovered or something similar.

Another thing that could be done would be to replace the pirates with Talon Karrde's organization, so revamp fighter and capital types for them. That could be interesting.

So basically the mod would swap the Rebellion and Empire political roles, adding a few things and revamping others. Sounds interesting? I think so. I'm a decent modeller and skinner, as well as an ok coder... so I could do this eventually.

Of course, its all hypothetical at the moment, I don't know if I'll have time or anything.
 boc120
02-05-2006, 7:07 PM
Sounds like it would be an excellent idea. I look forward to whatever becomes of this idea.
 Juggernaut1985
02-05-2006, 7:25 PM
Not to throw the topic off but LoW will have the Thrawn campaign as a part of the overall campaign.
 Foshjedi2004
02-06-2006, 4:36 AM
I Can't wait to play that Blue Skinned Genius ;)

Its an exciting era to make. Large areas of the EU Are empty. IMO the communities mods will open this region up.
 Capstani
02-07-2006, 4:07 PM
Juggernaut: I don't aim to create a campaign so much as a new style of play representative of what Zahn shows in his books. I have a few ideas for this, but they'll probably have to wait until the full version comes out, preferrably with mod tools.

This mod will probably go ahead if I can find me a person of two to help with modelling and possibly coding.
 namegame
02-08-2006, 6:46 PM
yes bring me thrawn to command
Page: 1 of 1