Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Psychonauts glitches, easter eggs, etc! [spoilers]

Page: 4 of 5
 Toliver
04-12-2007, 11:11 AM
http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL283/1552548/5664138/245236754.jpg)
Here's a screen cap of the tiny Censors in Raz's level. They're easy to battle but there's a swarm of them (about 6 or so total). See how they're smaller than Raz but still have wickedly long arms for punching him.

Regarding arrowheads...
There's an arrowhead on the top of the tree stump/pole next to the Scavenger Hunt Condor Egg in the Reception area. This one arrowhead is equal to 10 points.
That's the highest value of an arrowhead that I've encountered, yet.
I guess the more difficult it is to get to an arrowhead, the higher its value.
This makes me wonder about the value of the arrowhead at the cave opening at the Lake (containing the Mountain Lion & the Diver's Helmet). Will have to report back as I am approaching that point in the game again.
 Toliver
04-12-2007, 11:19 AM
Ooh, and about the same place where the mini-censors are, you might get hit by censor beams (??), but there are no censors to shoot at you.
Yes, I believe there is a Large Censor shooting at you there, but not in the immediate area. If you continue forward from where Raz encounters the tiny Censors, you'll come to a rock shelf that Raz has to climb up in order to continue. At the top of this rock shelf is a large Censor who shoots the Censor Beams. He is just very far away when he starts shooting at you.
I'll be going through that point again soon and will check this out to be certain.
 Toliver
04-12-2007, 5:23 PM
Looking at them more closely, each of the "celebrities" in the "Read" posters all over the Lodge interior are holding a brain instead of a book.
So it's not books they're talking about...which makes perfect sense for the theme of the camp.
 Toliver
04-13-2007, 10:55 AM
This makes me wonder about the value of the arrowhead at the cave opening at the Lake (containing the Mountain Lion & the Diver's Helmet). Will have to report back as I am approaching that point in the game again.
I'm a doofus. I zipped through last night and the only thing up at the cave opening are Psi Cards. My memory is going...
Yes, I believe there is a Large Censor shooting at you there, but not in the immediate area. If you continue forward from where Raz encounters the tiny Censors, you'll come to a rock shelf that Raz has to climb up in order to continue. At the top of this rock shelf is a large Censor who shoots the Censor Beams. He is just very far away when he starts shooting at you.
I'll be going through that point again soon and will check this out to be certain.
I went through that level again last night.
There are three sets of Censors in this area. When Raz first enters it, the Tiny Censors (that you see in the screen cap in the post up above) attack him. As he moves further into the wide open area, the mid-size Censors (with some whiney fireballs) attack him. Finally, standing on the rock ledge ahead, waiting for Raz, is the Large Censor who shoots the Censor beams.
Interesting that there are no Muscle Censors in Raz's level...
 Thrik
04-13-2007, 11:05 AM
Man, and I thought I had a keen eye for detail! Excellent work Toliver. :D
 Byakko
04-15-2007, 5:18 AM
So it was strange to see Dogan without a brain at the lake before seeing the cut scene where it was removed. Just seems out of order....

The Brain Tumbler Experiment Level was created before Dogan was de-brained. Considering it's all in Raz's mind and is not physically the Dentist's tower or the Dentist/Dogan themselves, it's most likely a mixed up memory from Dogan/Oleander from that point of time; where he WAS being de-brained.

By the time Raz CAN complete the level/memory, it's just too late. Although he does get to see the tank plan and stuff.

Okay, here's some stuff I noticed. I'm pretty sure you guys have seen them too, but I just wanted to know what you think of them:

1) Somewhere in the Woods area (sorry, I can't remember exactly where. Near Ranger Cruller I think.), there's a large sinister tree that looks like it has a mouth and eyes. It's mouth is very large (practically the whole tree) and it's holding/crushing a truck. The truck's rusted so it must have been a long time ago. I've tried punching it, but the other powers don't really work because it doesn't register as an actual 'object' but as part of the scenery.

It kinda reminds me of the Whomping Willow from Harry Potter.

It may have been a plot point in previous revisions of Psychonauts, who knows?

2) Ever saw the faces in the sky? It's kinda amazing. Day time has the huge Sunny-Face in the sky (ironically, I first noticed it while up on the Main Lodge roof talking to the suicide kids). While on the Thorny Towers side of the lake, the sky has insane twisted faces in the clouds; that even reflect in the lake water!
 Toliver
04-16-2007, 11:18 AM
The Car-Crushing Monster Tree is where you can find the Cherry Wood Pipe for the Scavenger Hunt. I also noticed how the tree looks like a monster. It's funny but it's more noticeable that it's a monster from further away.
I figured it was put there to scare the kids away from the GPC/Wild Woods (which is the next area).
Janitor Cruller is in the Reception Area and Ranger Cruller is in the GPC area. But I knew what you meant.

As for the faces in the clouds, I haven't noticed the day clouds having faces...I will have to take a closer look. I didn't even notice the faces in the night clouds until I'd gone through the game 4 or 5 times. Guess I was too focused on Raz's immediate surroundings to notice that.
 Toliver
04-16-2007, 11:26 AM
I'm working on a Deep Arrowhead Lode Map. I'm not sure how I'll be able to post the final map. It's going to be a printable JPEG. And it won't include the Lungfish Lair Battlegrounds...just the Camp areas.
I'm surprised at how big some of the lodes are. If you pick your lodes carefully, you could hit just 5 or 6 lodes with the Dowsing Rod and have enough for the Cob Web Duster.
I'll post more on this later.
 Byakko
04-16-2007, 8:15 PM
I also noticed how the tree looks like a monster.

I went back there to check it out again. It actually looks like Oleander! Specifically, it looks exactly like the head part of the Monster-Figments you find in his Basic Braining level (the one that look like gorillas with helmets).
 Toliver
04-20-2007, 4:55 PM
I went back there to check it out again. It actually looks like Oleander! Specifically, it looks exactly like the head part of the Monster-Figments you find in his Basic Braining level (the one that look like gorillas with helmets).
Went back in yesterday and saw that it does look like the Oleander figment. If I recall it correctly, the helmet on the figment has horns (like a Viking helmet) and so does the car-eating tree in the Reception area. Very cool!
 Byakko
04-22-2007, 8:21 AM
In the G-Men HQ, if you look at the wall directly in front of the door you walk in, there's a pin-up board with some criminal profiles.

One of them has this hairy guy with a patch, if you look at his name, it's pretty scrawled but it definitely looks like 'Tim Schafer'. The 'Tim' is clearer.

I'm not sure if the guy in the picture DOES look like Schafer, but yeah.
 Toliver
04-23-2007, 11:45 AM
I was abe to reach a ranking of 24 before going into the Brain Tumbler for the first time. Woo-hoo!
I discovered that two Scavenger Hunt items I had previously thought were only reachable with Levitation, were reachable without it. I was always one-item short of completing half of the list (and getting the 4 rank ups) and always waited until I got Levitation to get the Scavenger hunt items I thought were out of reach.
I believe you only need one of these two items (see below) to complete half of the list. The Condor Egg is easy to get to...you don't need Levitation to get it.
Here's how to get to the Fossil in Sasha's lab...Raz is standing on the stairs in the middle of the room:
http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL283/1552548/5664138/247866512.jpg)
And here's how to get to the telescope in the GPC area...Raz is standing on the the boulder next to the boulder that is next to the little boulder that has the crow feather on it (so he's two boulders away from the feather). The GPC is behind him:
http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL283/1552548/5664138/247866510.jpg)
When you Double Jump to land between the two trees, you have to immediately Double Jump again to get up behind the tree and get the Psi-Cards. If you don't do the second Double Jump soon enough, Raz will start sliding down the hill and you'll have to try it again. Once you're behind the tree, follow the little "trail" that will take you up to the telescope.
By getting to a rank of 24 before going into the Brain Tumbler, you end up achieving the ensuing rank-ups sooner in each level so you're stronger earlier in the game.
I had mentioned in an earlier post that I thought the programmers had set it up so that a lot of areas in the game where you thought you needed Levitation to access, were actually reachable by Raz without it. This is more proof of that.
This is so freakin' exciting it makes me realize I have to get a life!

edited to add: Regarding the second Scavenger Hunt item mentioned above (the Telescope), there may be another Double Jump involved. I went through it again last night and found that you Double Jump off the boulder to get to the tree area, then Double Jump to get further up the slope and then one last Double Jump from the top of the slope to land behind the tree where the Psi-Card is hiding.

I also found I could use the Double Jump to get the Psi-Cards on the lower tree limb on the giant dead tree in the Reception area (that has the fire ring next to it). This is the tree that has the Dinosaur Bone on it. If you Double Jump on the right side of the limb (facing the tree) you can bounce up off the tree trunk and Double Jump up again onto the tree limb. It's a heckuva lot more trickier than getting to the Psi-Card behind the tree (as mentioned above). The Double Jumps on the dead tree have to be a lot more accurate in order to get up to the Psi-Cards on the lower limb.
More proof that you don't need Levitation to get some of the Psi-Cards.
 Toliver
04-23-2007, 12:55 PM
I've made a Deep Arrowhead Lode Map (yes, I have no life). I went back over it a couple times to verify the amounts and general areas where the lodes could be found.
I won't post the actual map here since I wanted to keep it large so it would be printable on a letter-sized (8&1/2 x 11) piece of paper. If you print it out, make sure you set your printer to "Landscape" since the map is horizontal.
Here's the link:
Deep Arrowhead Lode Map (http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL283/1552548/5664138/l-247880833.jpg)
Now I am puzzled by two lode amounts, one in the Campfire area for 34 points and one in the swamp in the Reception Area for 76. All the rest of the lode amounts end in either 0 or 5.
Channeling my best Boyd, I wonder about the significance of those two different numbers. What do they mean? What is the government conspiracy behind them? Is it someone's birthday? 3-4-76? If you add them up 3+4+7+6 you get 20 and if you add those two digits you get 2+0=2, which could be Boyd & the Milkman. What does it mean?

edited to add: This map does not include the Deep Arrowhead lodes in the Lungfish Lair Battle areas. Besides, if you've gotten that far in the game, you should already have enough arrowheads to buy everything.

edited to also add: This map is from the PC version of the game. I don't know if the deep arrowhead lode locations are the same for all game platforms.
 martmeister
04-23-2007, 7:58 PM
That's really awesome with the arrowhead map!
 Toliver
06-06-2007, 10:48 AM
Going through the game again last night, I was in Gloria's Theater and, by accident, I discovered you can use the Cobweb Duster on the Teleport Creature!
In the level, there's a cobweb just in front of the stage where the Teleport Creature sits. Raz was looking at him instead of the cobweb when I used the Cobweb Duster and the creature's head got stuck to the end of the hose. While the hose was on, his head was stretched out (because he doesn't ever move) and when I shut off the Duster, his head went back to normal and he made those cursing/grumbling noises at me.
It was a funny surprise to say the least.
 Poopdogjr
06-06-2007, 12:31 PM
Thats awesome. I gotta try that one of these days.
 martmeister
06-06-2007, 2:36 PM
Everyone responds to the cobweb duster. Try it on your camp mates and watch their reactions. I think Cruller's is amusing.
 PlayMeLikeAFish
07-07-2007, 1:28 AM
Yeah, quite a lot of stuff changed between the development pics and the final product; go through them carefully and you'll find no end of small changes.

As for that 4th picture, I'm not really sure what exactly it's from. Schafer calls the image "SoundProof" and captions it "Man, why did we cut this awesome room?".

Where did you get your info? Are there interviews with Schafer where he talks about the cut stuff? Please direct me to them if there are!
 Toliver
07-12-2007, 11:49 AM
I encountered two more game glitches that I thought I would post.
The first is a trampoline glitch in the Waterloo World level.
http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL283/1552548/5664138/265288339.jpg)
This (see image) is the trampoline next to the hungry peasant's house. I had Raz jump onto the trampoline to access the roof. Instead of bouncing up, you can see that Raz got stuck. The trampline is locked in the "down" position with Raz on the edge. He kept "sliding" (like he does on rails) on the edge of the trampoline and no matter what I did, the trampoline wouldn't "unbounce" and I couldn't get Raz to stop sliding. I had to reboot the game to get past this glitch.

I thought the second glitch was very funny. Whenever I enter the Asylum grounds I always make it a point to do something to the annoying crows. Unlike their seagull counterparts on the mainland, the crows will attack Raz before flying off so I always like to strike first. They'll even attack you when you set them on fire (and they're all aflame) whereas the burning seagulls will just try to fly off.
http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL283/1552548/5664138/265288347.jpg)
However, this one time (see image) there was a crow that didn't fly off. No matter what I did to it, it just sat there. I could hit it and the crow would move like a football would when you kick it but it didn't make any moving or flying motions. It was like a crow lump. I ended up leaving the area and when I re-entered it, all the crows behaved normally. This has happened twice in two different run-throughs of the game (out of the 20 or so times I've been through it).
 Toliver
10-02-2007, 11:50 AM
I found another small glitch in the game.
I was in Sasha's mind in the Shoe Box arena. I was near the base of the ladder that leads up to the platform between the Shoe Box tower and the first Censor Spigot. I had just blasted one of those Whiney Fireballs to my left when I noticed that there was a lit fuse just hanging in the air. It wasn't connected to a Whiney Fireball that I could see. Using a Psi-Blast on it had no effect. I went on to finish the Shoe Box level and moved on to the rest of Sasha's mind level. When I went back into Sasha's mind later in the game (you go back in after you gain the power of Levitation) to pick up any remaining figments, when I got to the Shoe Box level, the lit fuse was still there, hanging in mid-air.
I wasn't able to get a screen cap of it but if it happens again, I'll make sure I get a screen shot of it.

Edited to add: I went through the game again and found the floating fuse again. Here's a screen cap:
http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL283/1552548/5664138/281637976.jpg)
 Fyrsten
10-24-2007, 4:22 AM
Hey!... So finally Iґve got a profile here, and somethings I wanna get in on closer;

Yeah... I really like the idea of Lungfish censors... like... Mothra-style.

I already think that the little fish-army and Ol(l)y did it... Mothra/ coachamara, heeellooo?... (by the way, I only meant to be demeaning against cheerleader/popchicks, like Ed Teglees former-love)
 Fyrsten
10-24-2007, 4:31 AM
I know youґve been in on this a little, but Iґm still slightly confused about it!... All right, so youґre in Razґ mind, fight the shady lungfish and get as high you can to the tower, but thereґs still a distance!...

You go to the lake, to be able to get closer to tower, meeting a brainless Dogen (though you havenґt actually seen his brian get stolen!?...), you go to Milla and the others, where Raz & Lilli discuss what-would-be Dr. Loboto, but you (Or Raz, for that matter), havenґt actually seen him yet, so how can he know about all of this?...

Unless, that whole "The World Shall Taste My Eggs!"-bit was supposed to be a vision of Dogens situation!?...

Also, when you finally see Dogen gets his brain stolen, Loboto turns to Lilli, but meeting her a little later at the lake, she still have her brian, although, she COULD be a little too tough for Loboto to handle ("the lass has spirit, eh?")!?...
 Toliver
10-24-2007, 11:26 AM
Lilli never gets her brain stolen. Because she has a cold, she can't smell the black pepper from Loboto's peppermill arm so she can't sneeze her brains out. So he just kidnaps her which is why Raz has to get to the Thorny Towers Asylum and Dr. Loboto's lab.
Raz doesn't go to the lake to get to the tower. He goes to the lake at night to meet up with Lilli (if you keep going back to Ford's sanctuary to use the Brain Tumbler to finish up other levels, Ford yells at you that you're supposed to meet Lilli at the beach). It's also about that time that he calls you into his observation area and shows you all the brainless kids and says you have to recover their brains at the Asylum. That's when he asks you if you're ready to take on this new challenge and if you say "no", he slaps you until you say "yes" (which is funny).
It's possible for Raz to see Dogan getting his brain removed while Raz is in his own Brain Tumbler Experiment level after he's seen the brainless Dogan in the real world at the beach/lake. I think the makers of the game didn't care that the timeline could end up out of order because what happens in the mind-levels isn't really reality. It's a mixture of the Coach's mind and Raz's mind so Raz may just be seeing a memory from the Coach's brain.
 Fyrsten
10-25-2007, 4:19 AM
Lilli never gets her brain stolen. Because she has a cold, she can't smell the black pepper from Loboto's peppermill arm so she can't sneeze her brains out. So he just kidnaps her which is why Raz has to get to the Thorny Towers Asylum and Dr. Loboto's lab.
Raz doesn't go to the lake to get to the tower. He goes to the lake at night to meet up with Lilli (if you keep going back to Ford's sanctuary to use the Brain Tumbler to finish up other levels, Ford yells at you that you're supposed to meet Lilli at the beach). It's also about that time that he calls you into his observation area and shows you all the brainless kids and says you have to recover their brains at the Asylum. That's when he asks you if you're ready to take on this new challenge and if you say "no", he slaps you until you say "yes" (which is funny).
It's possible for Raz to see Dogan getting his brain removed while Raz is in his own Brain Tumbler Experiment level after he's seen the brainless Dogan in the real world at the beach/lake. I think the makers of the game didn't care that the timeline could end up out of order because what happens in the mind-levels isn't really reality. It's a mixture of the Coach's mind and Raz's mind so Raz may just be seeing a memory from the Coach's brain.

I understand the Lilli-part, just forgot/ havenґt noticed!... i think I get what you mean with Dogen, but how can Raz agree with Lilli on Lobotos features, when Raz havenґt seen him at the time (the two love-birds chat right after Milla has told Raz his dad is coming)?!...
 Toliver
10-29-2007, 11:30 AM
I experienced another glitch when playing the game.
I was in the catwalks portion of Gloria's Theater level. There's a fenced-off area with a vault, a piece of luggage and a Life Restorer (the green glowing helmet, not the gold one) in it. You have to climb down a ladder to get there. Once you do, a bunch of Censors and whiney Bombs appear.
I had finished off the Censors and bombs and matched the piece of luggage to its tag. All that was left to do was to hit the vault to trigger the slide show.
The problem was, the vault got stuck running in a corner of the area. I have a screen cap but it doesn't show much other than a vault running in place in a corner.
No matter how many times I hit the vault, it never stopped running and never opened up. At first I tried leaving the area and then coming back but the vault was still stuck in the corner.
So I saved my place, exited the game, rebooted my computer and when I went back in to that level, the vault was no longer stuck in the corner. Of course, because of the weird way it saves your place in Gloria's Theater level, I re-entered the game further back than I would have liked, but at least it got me past the glitch.
 Toliver
10-29-2007, 11:38 AM
http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL283/1552548/5664138/285757446.jpg)
I encountered another floating lit fuse in Sasha's Shooting Gallery level.
I wonder if it's a RAM issue with the game.
Or is it just a bug?
 Toliver
11-19-2007, 11:15 AM
http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL283/1552548/5664138/289182515.jpg)
I noticed this glitch this weekend.
I had played the game up to the part just before Raz helps Milla and Sasha free Lilli. I had a bunch of brains on me that I had collected and had Ford bring me back to the mainland/Camp using the Bacon.
I wanted to do some exploring and was at the lake when I saw one of the Camp kids (see girl in above screen cap) standing on the dock. The weird thing is that when I went onto that dock and approached her she faded out completely. I could move away and she would reappear but everytime I got really close to her (close enough to talk with her) she disappeared completely.
I figured out that I could see her because I had her brain on me at the lake but she would disappear because she hadn't been re-brained yet by Ford.
So I went down to Ford's Sanctuary, turned in all the brains I had, and went back to the lake to find the girl kissing the kid wearing the sailor hat. Of course, she no longer faded out since she had been re-brained.
 Toliver
11-19-2007, 11:58 AM
I feel like Charlie finding the Golden Ticket to Willy Wonka's chocolate factory!!
I found the Ultimate Reference to previous Double Fine games:
http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL283/1552548/5664138/289182516.jpg)
In the TV room in the Lodge are two potted plants. On each of the pots is the word "Chuck"! It's a reference to LeChuck from the Monkey Island games.
Woo-Hoo!!
It's hard to see unless you have Levitation and use the light from your Levitation Ball (I set mine to the color white for just this purpose throughout the game) to illuminate the pots. I also used Photoshop to boost up the brightness of the image to better show the word on the pot.
There are more potted plants in the Camp and all have the word "Chuck" written on them.

edited to add: And looking at this screen cap, I just noticed the wallpaper. Isn't that similar to the background in the Double Fine logo/credit when Psychonauts starts?

The potted plants leads to a trivia question...see the "Psychonauts Quiz" discussion in this forum.
 Toliver
01-23-2008, 10:49 AM
I think I found another glitch in the game (or a loophole in the "rules").
I had just finished the Book Depository/Repository in the Milkman Conspiracy and was leaving the area. I had the gun in my hand and left the sniper area and immediately jumped down the manhole to transport back to the previous neighborhood.
I wasn't holding the plunger, I was holding the gun. The sirens should have gone off and I should have been interrogated but that didn't happen. Instead, I just popped out the other end.
Maybe the spies have to be present when when you enter a secure area without the proper prop in order for the interrogation scenario to happen.
 Thrik
01-23-2008, 11:14 AM
Awesome Toliver. :)

All your work is definitely appreciated. Once I eventually get around to converting Razputin's Domain into more of a museum of Psychonauts info and whatnot (it's still basically in its news-focused state from 2005) I'll be sure to include all these glitches and easter eggs you've found.
 Jove
01-26-2008, 1:33 AM
I can confirm the floating fuse in Sasha's Shooting Gallery. Saw it today on the PS2.

A glitch I had was Raz getting stuck on the path to the elevator up to Dr. Loboto's ladder. On the right side about halfway down. He sank ankle deep into the floor and moved like his ankles were caught. Had to use the bacon to get out.

An easter egg: when Agent Cruller's asking Raz if he's ready to be his agent, and slapping him when he says no, Cruller's looking up at the conversation choice balloon to see the answer as you make it.
 Jove
01-27-2008, 9:30 PM
"I like applesauce" - That's the best easter egg of them all.

An "I like applesauce" easter egg?

Google doesn't know about this. I've been through the game ten times and haven't spotted it. Anyone remember what/where it is? Or is it not on the PS2?
 zelda 41
01-27-2008, 9:53 PM
An "I like applesauce" easter egg?

Google doesn't know about this. I've been through the game ten times and haven't spotted it. Anyone remember what/where it is? Or is it not on the PS2?

....i think she was kidding.
 Jove
01-28-2008, 5:57 AM
....i think she was kidding.

Maybe, but SMON originally listed it as part of,

I think it's an easter egg, other notable eggs:

@The infamous "Stump Joke"
@2HB in the clouds
@The hidden picture in lungfishopolis
@Jumping in Napoleon's castle before moving pieces makes Napoleon angry at you.
@Not really an egg, just a coincidence, the way Lil Oly drifts away at the end of the game is very similar to how Kairi drifts away at the end of Kingdom Hearts
@I like applesauce

The first two and the fourth one I've seen myself. The Lungfish picture is listed in other places on the 'Net. Not being familar with Kingdom Hearts I can't comment.

Poster "Odd" also seems to confirm it, claiming to know "most of that stuff" and questioning only the picture in Lungfishopolis.
 martmeister
01-28-2008, 8:41 PM
Yeah, never played Kingdom Hearts either. I think the "I like applesauce" was a Carlos Mencia reference.
 Jove
01-29-2008, 4:46 PM
A glitch I had was Raz getting stuck on the path to the elevator up to Dr. Loboto's ladder. On the right side about halfway down. He sank ankle deep into the floor and moved like his ankles were caught. Had to use the bacon to get out.

I'm having that glitch again right now. Raz is on the path down to the elevator up to Dr. Loboto's ladder. Just got Nils' brain and had the cutscene with Sheegor, "Go back right now or you'll be very, very sorry!"

Raz is just barely to the right of the middle of the stairs and twitching semi-transparently doing the walking animation without any control input.

He's one step down from the third pair of support pipes for the overhead ironwork on the stairs.

Any walking, etc. is done in place. Jumping animation is done in place. No double-jumping since he never gets off of the ground.

Use the bacon to get free.
 Jove
01-29-2008, 5:11 PM
Just found a similar trap on that same path down to the elevator up to Dr. Loboto's Lab. By the second support pipe on the right as Raz is coming down. Raz will stand normally, but can't be moved from the spot. Quick double jump shows the thought balloon below the floor. Raz feet can't be seen.

Back to the bacon to get Cruller to extract Raz.
 Jove
02-01-2008, 1:18 AM
Not sure if this is a glitch or if it's supposed to happen...
In the Waterloo level, you make Raz bounce on the trampolines to achieve different goals.
I've been replaying the game and twice now I've had Raz bouncing on a trampoline when all of a sudden he would bounce about twice as high as he normally does. It was high enough that he went up off the top of the screen and the camera didn't even follow him.
I have no clue as to what triggered this "super" bounce. The second time it happened I was able to use Psi Float off the Carpenter's roof to easily get all of the figments hanging in the air (which normally take a couple of attempts to get all of them).
Has anyone else experienced this "super" trampoline bounce? And, if so, do you know how to trigger it on purpose?

If Raz is under a trampoline and jumps up he'll magically move through it. If he jumps while moving through he gets the super bounce.

This explains why Raz can't get underneath the trampoline next to the cabin in the Kids' Cabins area. Also why some of the trampolines in Waterloo World have wooden grids underneath preventing him from getting under them.
 Woodnote
02-01-2008, 11:22 PM
I once had a glitch where, when I played Psychonauts on the 360, Raz's entire outfit turned a weird teal color.

Oh and the dock disappeared sometimes around the lake.
 Woodnote
02-06-2008, 12:34 PM
Oh and did anyone notice the tombstones in the deep woods?
 Jove
02-06-2008, 8:28 PM
Oh and did anyone notice the tombstones in the deep woods?

Yeah. They may represent the death of adventure gaming.
 Jove
02-06-2008, 8:37 PM
There's a glitch on the PS2 if Raz gets the Golden Confusion Grenades from Waterloo World and Gloria's Theater in addition to the one in Black Velvetopia.

Restarting the system and loading the save file Raz will be back to 5 Confusion Grenades capacity. PSI blast capacity will drop back to the starting 30, indicating the Golden Balls of Hate upgrades have also been lost. I didn't think to check if the Golden Helmet Upgrades vanished as well.

Immediately reloading the save file helped once. It may be a permanent fix. A player grabbing everything will have infinite ammo soon at Rank 95 in any case, but it's annoying for fighting Junior King Kong Cobra.

Alternating Confusion Grenades and Pyrokinesis will keep the Cobra stunned while doing burning damage. The damage keeps happening while throwing the next grenade. With 8 Confusion Grenades almost half of his health can be burned away in a single session.
 Jove
02-13-2008, 12:45 AM
From http://palgn.com.au/article.php?id=6610)

"Dopefish
Games: Quake, Quake II, Quake III Arena, Battlezone, Daikatana, Anachronox, Max Payne, Hyperspace Delivery Boy!, Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, Red Faction (N-Gage version), SuperTux, Congo Cube, Eternal Daughter, Psychonauts, SiN, SiN Episodes: Emergence, Fortress Forever, Sven Co-op, Wacky Wheels (Various)

Surely the easter egg with the most individual appearances in games, Dopefish is a simple-minded, goofy cartoon fish that has become a long-running in-joke in the PC development scene. The character was created by id Software's Tom Hall, while sketching possible character designs for the 1991 PC title Commander Keen IV. "I just drew this stupid little fish," reflects Hall, whose buck-toothed creation has been hidden in an impressive range of games since the early-'90s, including Daikatana, Anachronox, Max Payne, and Hitman 2: Silent Assassin. A zombified Dopefish appears in Quake III Arena, and there's even an official website."

http://www.dopefish.com/)

Apparently they're counting the suckerfish as a dopefish. Suckerfish are slim. Dopefish are fat. Are suckerfish bucktoothed like the dopefish?
 Jove
02-19-2008, 7:22 AM
In the Milkman Conspiracy, from the telephone pole outside the Rainbow Squirts' house. Look out over the next telephone pole and there's a stationary black dot. In first person view it's in the middle of the screen when the top of the next telephone pole is at the bottom of the
screen.

It's there before and after Raz defeats the Den Mother, so it's not a helicopter. It can be seen from atop the telephone pole outside the Book Repository, but only if you're looking right at it. It doesn't get much larger if Raz jumps the telephone lines and floats toward it.

There's another, fainter, one to the right and up just a little. After defeating the Den Mother one appears directly overhead as well. None below where they could be floated to.
 Jove
02-23-2008, 4:36 PM
The girls' cabin has a picture of a girl over the door. The
boys' cabin has a picture of a boy. The third cabin, Raz', has a picture of a girl, a boy, and a head wearing a space helmet.
 Jove
02-28-2008, 11:12 AM
Franke and Kitty actually are admiring their manicures after being
rebrained, not a pedicure as Kitty suggested in her rebraining cutscene.
 Jove
03-04-2008, 2:53 PM
When Nils is using Clairvoyance to check out the GPC, he's shown still holding the squirrel's acorn instead of the GPC button.
 indolemugen
06-16-2008, 5:15 PM
I feel like Charlie finding the Golden Ticket to Willy Wonka's chocolate factory!!
I found the Ultimate Reference to previous Double Fine games:
http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL283/1552548/5664138/289182516.jpg)
In the TV room in the Lodge are two potted plants. On each of the pots is the word "Chuck"! It's a reference to LeChuck from the Monkey Island games.
Woo-Hoo!!
It's hard to see unless you have Levitation and use the light from your Levitation Ball (I set mine to the color white for just this purpose throughout the game) to illuminate the pots. I also used Photoshop to boost up the brightness of the image to better show the word on the pot.
There are more potted plants in the Camp and all have the word "Chuck" written on them.

edited to add: And looking at this screen cap, I just noticed the wallpaper. Isn't that similar to the background in the Double Fine logo/credit when Psychonauts starts?

The potted plants leads to a trivia question...see the "Psychonauts Quiz" discussion in this forum.

I first saw Chuck The Plant in the first maniac mansion game. ^_^
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_the_Plant)
 Sacador
07-15-2008, 1:07 PM
Does anyone know where the kids are after re-braining them? I came across a few:

Dogen: apologising to the squirrels for blowing them up (Cabins Area)
J.T and Chops: protecting the homestead and ridin' gun (Cabins area)
Kitty and Franke: Doing girly stuff in the girls cabin (Cabins area)
Quentin and Phobe: Drum practice ( Main lodge)
Clem and Crystal: Annoying the janitor (Not sure got the info from this forum but haven't tried yet) (Reception Area)

I can't find the others and I am a bit lazy.I personally don't enjoy exploring the camp at night. I hate the cougars, though they're easy to defeat with the spiked levitation ball.

Not sure but I think one of the faces in the sky at the asylum is of Fred Bonaparte.
 nosferatu5
08-20-2008, 1:21 AM
Bobby and someone else are at Coach's.
Clem and Elka are at the Lodge.
Maloof and Mikhail are at the Parking Lot fiddling with Oleander's car. I'd like to think they're doing something very very Grand Theft Auto-esque.
Vernon's at the lodge, writing his memoirs.
Milka and Elton are at the docks, making out.
Page: 4 of 5