Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

700 mb WHY???

Page: 1 of 1
 Leron
01-29-2006, 5:40 AM
Well, everyone dowloaded that demo and it's size was about 700 mb the question is why it's so large, what's is so big in that demo? and if it's a demo what's the size of original game? 2 DVDs?
 Apocalypse|TFL
01-29-2006, 5:43 AM
My best guess is;

They needed to send out a demo and it was probably easier for them to just release the earlier build of the game and lock most of the content.
 DarkLord1981
01-29-2006, 6:42 AM
I would laugh like crazy if they accidently released the full game as a demo. lol
 Admiral Sith
01-29-2006, 7:49 AM
i doubt any of us would be able to download that big a file, when the Demo is over 1.64 GB unexed and it only contains a portion of the Full Game
 Apocalypse|TFL
01-29-2006, 8:06 AM
I would laugh like crazy if they accidently released the full game as a demo. lol

That would have been awesome!

But yea, seeing as it's an earlier build, it wouldn't have been the full game anyway.
 Leron
01-29-2006, 8:19 AM
Eah, but think of one thing: modder did add any models to the game, that means that most of the models alreapy packed inside the demo, then voices, sounds... I guess that developers didn' exactly knew what kind of stuff leave in demo and what to remove, cuz I've seen people, who repacked demo amd made it only 300 mb... they just repacked sound files from original format to OGG...
 Iamme
01-29-2006, 7:49 PM
They DID include %80-90 of the game excluding map files :P
Page: 1 of 1