Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

dark side temptations

Page: 1 of 1
 helljumper51
01-28-2006, 3:53 PM
do u think that when acharacter in the game(like darth atris) temps u to join them, that u could jion them? what do u think?
 Sith_Reven
01-28-2006, 5:26 PM
you should be able to choose to join them. It would be interesting.
 SithJedi21
01-28-2006, 8:42 PM
Yeah, It'd be kinda like the NPC's have an influence system of their own.
 Vibro
01-28-2006, 9:37 PM
It would be an interesting addition to the game.
 JediMaster12
01-30-2006, 5:03 PM
If you are tempted to join the darkside, then lies, deceit, creating mistrust are your ways now. You could join them and in the end you would have to kill them because you are stronger or they will kill you. Such is the way of the Sith, all power, no longetivity.
 helljumper51
01-31-2006, 5:28 PM
but u can be her aprentice(can't spel) for awhile anyway. even revan was an aprentice once.
 ForceFightWMe12
01-31-2006, 5:59 PM
I'd love for that to happen. Of course, joining the main bad guy and fighting against your former allies would be amazing...you could join Bastila, but she wasn't really a main bad guy. She was just looking for revenge. Besides, it was pretty much the end of the game before you had the chance.
 RobQel-Droma
01-31-2006, 9:38 PM
If this happens, I have a feeling that it won't happen toward the end of the game, and I would also bet that it wouldn't last for long. Some way or another you are most likely going to kill the Sith Lord - I think that it will mostly be like in K1, with Bastila.
 Aurora Merlow
02-01-2006, 7:57 AM
If you are tempted to join the darkside, then lies, deceit, creating mistrust are your ways now. You could join them and in the end you would have to kill them because you are stronger or they will kill you. Such is the way of the Sith, all power, no longetivity.

I like the sound of this idea, i think it would be cool. Even though i'm generally a LS player to have the option would add another dynamic to the game. You could learn the ways of the sith from a teacher rather than just doing evil deeds like killing people to earn darkside points.
 Prime
02-01-2006, 10:09 AM
So basically, you are just asking for more options?
 JediMaster12
02-01-2006, 11:37 AM
I guess so. My confusion would be as to whether it would work or not. If you turn you would eventually have to kill the one who turned you before they kill you. and if you don't turn then you would have to kill them anyway or find a way at redemption. I guess what I'm trying to say is, isn't that like KOTOR if you side with Bastila?
 Carthaholic
02-02-2006, 12:23 AM
It's always been a dream of mine to play a game in which you can pick a side early on and have the story change completely according to your choices. In just about every RPG games that I've played in which you can either be good or evil, no matter what side you pick you still have to run the same errands, complete the same main quest and kill the same bad guys. It's kinda lame when you think about it.

In KotOR 1, the second I got on Taris I was already telling myself "Looks like the Sith have the right idea!". But the game stubborningly keeps you in the good guy seat even if you're being completely evil and the only time your actions actually affects the main story is pretty much at the end... Wouldn't it have been cool if after finding Bastila you could've betrayed and killed your allies (or not, maybe they could mysteriously survive like Calo and show up later in the game as your enemies or even better, they could try to redeem you!) then knock at the Sith base doors, hand over Bastila, join the Sith, learn their ways, quickly ascend through the ranks because of your great affinity with the Force, get yourself a new crew (a newly turned Bastila and Canderous could be with you already), go on whatever mission that would make you travel to all the planets, go on a assassination mission to kill someone of importance of the Jedi or the Republic that equals Malak to finish the game, etc, etc. And after you discover your true identity, you could decide what to do with the information: either go after Malak to regain your title or remain a good little lackey loyal to him despite his betrayal and become his apprentice or whatever.

Okay, I suppose Malak wouldn't like to have Revan among his ranks out of fear for his... umm... safety, but this is just an example of what could have been possible to do. :P The possibilites are endless really. They could even make a variation to the story for the people that wants to play neutral as well.

If you turn you would eventually have to kill the one who turned you before they kill you.
Hmm, why would it necessarily have to turn out that way?? Because of the ways of the Sith? It's true that the Sith often end up fighting each other off with the goal of gaining power but it doesn't absolutely need to happen in the span of the game... Take Darth Sidious and Vader for example, they spend nearly 20 years as master and apprentice and nothing suggests that they were at each other's throat during that time. We can suspect that Vader's betrayal would have inevitably come at some if the events of RotJ had never come to pass, but what I'm trying to say is that it can take quite a while before it happens. So it doesn't necessarily have to be seen in the game.
 Darth Sun_Tzu
02-02-2006, 5:27 AM
I like this idea, i'd like to start out nutral then pick a side. Then later on you could have the choice to switch sides.
 Diego Varen
02-02-2006, 11:16 AM
It would be a great idea to join the Dark Side. If a Sith Master tempts you to join the Dark Side, then you become their apprentice. Then later, you can try to kill them, to become the Sith Lord.
 JediMaster12
02-02-2006, 12:11 PM
@ Carthaholic: That is they way of the Sith. It is their way to ensure that their leaders are always the strongest. All power but no longetivity.
Page: 1 of 1