Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Order 66

Page: 1 of 1
 General Solo
01-24-2006, 10:45 AM
Well when I was playing Order 66 for some reason I couldn't beat it. I always could on the PS2 but not on PC. I got very aggrivated with this mission. Did anyone else find it difficult??? And it was the part where I had to defend the jedi archives..
 Hengist_
01-24-2006, 12:17 PM
I found it quite easy on the PC, I can't see what the fuss is all about.
 Commander Obi-Wan
01-24-2006, 2:21 PM
I found it quite easy on the PC, I can't see what the fuss is all about.

I recall, he played it on PS2 before. PC and PS2 are quite different.
 PoiuyWired
01-24-2006, 3:21 PM
The controls *might* be different, but the game is the same... and you can get a game pad for PC if you think mouse+keyboard is non-l33t :3 ... if there is such a person...
 Commander Obi-Wan
01-24-2006, 4:02 PM
Not exactly the same....it's much more difficult to mod the PS2 version of the game.
 Mobilemaverick
01-24-2006, 10:43 PM
Well when I was playing Order 66 for some reason I couldn't beat it. I always could on the PS2 but not on PC. I got very aggrivated with this mission. Did anyone else find it difficult??? And it was the part where I had to defend the jedi archives..

Very tough for me also, almost everything is destroyed by the jedi before i get there, whether i sprint or fly

def some play balance issues there
 toue
01-25-2006, 12:33 AM
personally i have no clue how people could find it hard when you have engineres, they rock in knightfall
 j-muny
01-25-2006, 1:50 AM
yeh it took me a few times to pass the level, on the archive part just pick one bookcase and defend it. the best thing for the rest of the level is to try and be anakin for as long as possible.
 MachineCult
01-25-2006, 10:23 AM
yeh it took me a few times to pass the level, on the archive part just pick one bookcase and defend it. the best thing for the rest of the level is to try and be anakin for as long as possible.
That is what I did, but in doing that I was also able to defend the bookcase opposite as well, and it worked the first time.
 TSR
01-25-2006, 12:11 PM
i dont understand how people can be stuck on this game, as all it really is is a massive kill fest, with different methods of doing it. Just stick auto aim on, go as an ordinary blaster rifle trooper and shhot whatever the hell is stupid enough to move and thats a sure fire way of winning
 mima kake
01-25-2006, 1:11 PM
Well auto aim makes it a bit to easy for me.
I like to aim myself makes it more of a challenge to me.
I haven't had to much difficulty with the order 66 levels.
took me about 4 or 5 trys.
so thats not to bad ;)
 PoiuyWired
01-25-2006, 3:46 PM
i dont understand how people can be stuck on this game, as all it really is is a massive kill fest, with different methods of doing it. Just stick auto aim on, go as an ordinary blaster rifle trooper and shhot whatever the hell is stupid enough to move and thats a sure fire way of winning

Except the space levels!!

... and except Hoth final objective.

Also, its annoying that the viewing angle is kinda locked, and you can't look down too much.
 MachineCult
01-25-2006, 3:52 PM
Except the space levels!!

... and except Hoth final objective.

...and most of the other Campaign objectives.
 FR0ST
01-25-2006, 4:06 PM
After tearing out my hair on the library objective, a friend at school told me you could repair them with the engineer (who I was using at the time). I was so mad that I didn't figure it out!
 SirLancelot
01-25-2006, 5:00 PM
The easiest tactic is to position yourself by one shelf and guard it.
 FCMan
01-30-2006, 8:04 AM
Yeah guard one. Try to stick with one of the 2 at the very rear. They're right by the ammo and health droids so you can stick it out for a while.
 PoiuyWired
01-30-2006, 5:32 PM
... or more than just a while, considering the ammo packs engineers have. Oh, and a headshot on a jedi with a shotgun is still 1 shot kill in knightfall.
 General Solo
02-07-2006, 3:45 PM
Well it was pretty easy, I just figured out that I myself could destroy the archives, it was so easy after I figured it out, I knew that before but then I forgot when I went onto the pc version.
Page: 1 of 1