Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Fighters to scale

Page: 1 of 1
 dragonshadow
01-23-2006, 7:34 PM
I was wondering if it's possible to shrink down the starfighters, Millennium Falcon, etc. so that they're to scale with the capital ships. I think it would be really cool.
 Netliquid
01-23-2006, 7:59 PM
You have to remember though, shrinking them down to scale would make them almost impossible to select and difficult watch them fight. You would have to zoom in an incredible amount to view the battle. Although I do agree they are quite big compared to the capital ships.
 Minniboobs
01-23-2006, 8:11 PM
u can make them smaller then they are now. I think someone said its possible
 Imgnryflgdotcom
01-23-2006, 8:47 PM
Or, you can make the capital ships BIGGER
 Animask
01-23-2006, 9:25 PM
I was just thinking that. Lol. Try making the Space Stations bigger then :smash:
 Entsuropi
01-24-2006, 9:14 AM
They need to be the current size I think. If the capitals were any bigger it'd be impossible to see what was happening as they would take up too much space. If the fighters were smaller you wouldn't be able to see what they were doing, it's hard enough as it is sometimes.
 DarthParametric
01-24-2006, 9:16 AM
You should be able to alter ship size/scale in the config files. Try the following files -

Spaceunitscapital.xml
Spaceunitscorvettes.xml
Spaceunitsfighters.xml
Spaceunitsfrigates.xml
Spaceunitssupers.xml
Starbases.xml

The most obvious value to modify would be <Scale_Factor> for ships and <Size_Value> for space stations. It would appear that <Scale_Factor> is based on the size of capital ships (all capital ships have a <Scale_Factor> of 1). Space stations start at <Size_Value> 10 at level 1, and increase by 10 at every level thereafter (i.e. <Size_Value> 20 at level 2, etc.).

I would assume that Petroglyph have based all unit sizes off the official length of an ISD (1600m according to the SW Database). Assuming this to be the case, it should be easy enough to work out a more accurate scale for all other objects. Assuming that was the case, an obvious change would be the <Scale_Factor> of the Death Star from 2.5 to 10 (once again, using values from the SW Database).
 Mr.Guybrush II
01-24-2006, 11:49 AM
Well considering there are 4 zooms in the game, 1x (closest), 2x, 3x and 4x.

Most people i know always play the game in 2x zoom. The only problem owith 3/4x is the gui disappears. Stop that, and i would guarantee more people would use 3x.

I say go for it, i would download it straight away.
 popcorn2008
01-24-2006, 11:58 AM
I would still prefer the 2x view, the 3x takes away from the glourious detail of the game. Not to mention it is more of a top to bottom view not a side view as the other views are.
 Minniboobs
01-24-2006, 8:07 PM
the scale wont make controling the fighters harder as they have green tabs to click on anyways.
 DarkArjapa
01-25-2006, 7:58 AM
I just made one for myself, so feel free to use it.

Download it here (http://files.filefront.com/Rescaled_Fighters_MODzip/;4664659;;/fileinfo.html)

http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/6595/eawunitrescale2pz.th.jpg) (http://img56.imageshack.us/my.php?image=eawunitrescale2pz.jpg)
Click to enlarge.

The picture shows the aproximate size of the x-wing, y-wing and tie fighter compared to the Star Destroyer shield generators.

You'll most likely need Chriz mod's v4 modified .exe because I didn't bother to mod the file carefully. Also please read the "How to install", it's pretty detailed.
Page: 1 of 1