Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

A Small Question.....

Page: 1 of 1
 The Death Star
01-22-2006, 3:57 PM
Is there A Mod where You Can USE and SEE the death star in a space battle (You know, the timer goes down to 000000 and you click the lever and it fires) Instead of dragging the Fleet with the Death Star on a "Destroy Planet" Slot?
 christnet06
01-22-2006, 4:35 PM
This is a very good question i've asked too many times but nobody aswer it...

I hope this time it will !! :vsd:
 Mr. DancyRobot
01-25-2006, 10:07 PM
your hopes go unoticed... na just kidding, here, i'll answer your query...
no. the death star model is not in the demo, therefor a model would have to be created, but it wont cuz there is no model making programs out yet, also, someone would have to apply a texture for it to look pretty, just like the model, there is no program for that yet either.
sry, i've also been dying to see the DS in the demo.
 EAWFAN
01-25-2006, 10:23 PM
dont worry only 20 or so more days!!! after a year almost here
 Ra2er
01-25-2006, 11:27 PM
a year?! Wow, you've been waiting that long... I only heard about the game at the beginning of this year.
 hakweakumlar
01-26-2006, 12:27 AM
also, someone would have to apply a texture for it to look pretty, just like the model, there is no program for that yet either.

Actually there are programs out there to edit the texture files. You just need the proper plugin for your editing software to edit them. I've created custom textures.

The only thing is you can only replace the existing textures with your custom ones, as with out the modeling software you can't assign a new texture to a model. So basically you can change the texture of all units of that type.

For instance i've created black star destroyers. Blues one too, green, yellow, magenta....
 Mr. DancyRobot
01-27-2006, 11:20 AM
Actually there are programs out there to edit the texture files. You just need the proper plugin for your editing software to edit them. I've created custom textures.

The only thing is you can only replace the existing textures with your custom ones, as with out the modeling software you can't assign a new texture to a model. So basically you can change the texture of all units of that type.

For instance i've created black star destroyers. Blues one too, green, yellow, magenta....

yes, but my point was that you can't add the DS model because the PROPER program isnt out yet.
 hakweakumlar
01-27-2006, 3:14 PM
yes, but my point was that you can't add the DS model because the PROPER program isnt out yet.

Yes, you are correct in that there is not model for the deathstar, so you can't add one yet even if you had a texture for it.

But that is not what you posted, to which I corrected you.
 Ricardo_1701
01-27-2006, 4:34 PM
don't have anyway to create the model and use the texture of petroglyph, like Mara Jane?
 Mr. DancyRobot
01-28-2006, 4:16 AM
But that is not what you posted, to which I corrected you.

uhh, yea it is.

nvm, it doesnt matter... we'll just have to wait for the full version.
 Slocket
01-28-2006, 5:35 AM
I seen when I was on a land battle on Hoth with an Imperial DS in orbit, acount down type timer thing like in the movie, saying you only have so much time to do something before the DS was in range to destroy the planet!
 The Death Star
02-02-2006, 11:10 AM
Sorry for BUMPing but can someone please create a Mod where you can Build a Turbolaser Tower?
 Slocket
02-02-2006, 5:59 PM
Bryant and Ghost latest 2.6g mod lets you build turbolaser towers on the planet...Is that what you want?
 The Death Star
02-03-2006, 10:35 AM
Why Yes it is. Thankyou very much.
Page: 1 of 1