Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Newb Needs some help

Page: 1 of 1
 Vermel
01-22-2006, 2:36 PM
Goodafternoon.

I tried adding the chriz4_mod but it does not seem to work. I have downloaded Winwar winzip.

This is what I do, I download the file, then unzip it to desktop and it shows as chriz_mod4 it is a RAR file 10,724 KB. I then drag this into the games data directory following this path C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Empire at War Demo\GameData\Data and start the game and it's the same old demo???
I don't see any other ships to build or a research building nothing.
I'm stuck please help.

Thanks
Vermel
 ovion
01-22-2006, 2:42 PM
You don't move the actual .rar file. You have to extract the file/s in them. Its either a XML file and a ART or just a xml. extract these 2 folders to the gamedata/data folder. Just right click on the .rar file and press extract to...
then it should work
 shadowsfm
01-22-2006, 2:49 PM
dont forget to put the swmod.exe in the game data folder, not the data folder
 Vermel
01-22-2006, 2:51 PM
You don't move the actual .rar file. You have to extract the file/s in them. Its either a XML file and a ART or just a xml. extract these 2 folders to the gamedata/data folder. Just right click on the .rar file and press extract to...
then it should work

When I right click on the RAR file their is no option to extract. it does offer to open to winzip. but this deos not work for me. I'm sorry I'm a bit of a rock with these things
 shadowsfm
01-22-2006, 2:53 PM
go to google and look up winrar or rar
 Vermel
01-22-2006, 3:04 PM
Figured it out, I downloaded winzip not winrar.. duh
 Jmaster3265
01-22-2006, 3:57 PM
So you need to have a unzip program for mods to work? Which one is best to download? i never knew you need a program for mods. I thought. Can anyone help me this is confusing i've never have used or downloaded mods.
 DanteRenEvo
01-22-2006, 4:56 PM
http://www.rarlabs.com/) <-- winrar, opens 99% of the compressed file formats that are commercial.
Page: 1 of 1