Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Is there a way to extract sounds?

Page: 1 of 1
 Tyler_Durden
01-22-2006, 8:36 AM
There are many sounds in the game that I would like to use for other Star Wars games within this one. Has anyone figured out how to extract the sounds and could you post a how to?

Thanks.
 Jeff
01-22-2006, 8:45 AM
I couldn't tell you how, but if you port resources (sounds) into other games, know that it is illegal to release it publicly. Don't ask why, I just know that from modding KotOR.
 DarthParametric
01-22-2006, 9:49 AM
Has anyone figured out how to extract the sounds and could you post a how to?

You do it the same way you extract all the other files. Music is located in \GameData\Data\Music.meg, speech files in \GameData\Data\EnglishSpeech.meg, and sound effects in \GameData\Data\Audio\SFX\SFX2D_English.meg, \GameData\Data\Audio\SFX\SFX2D_Non_Localized.meg, \GameData\Data\Audio\SFX\SFX3D_Non_Localized.meg. Use one of the various MEG extractors that have been released. There are at least 3 floating around.
 Tyler_Durden
01-22-2006, 8:13 PM
except none of the tools released actually work....... Makes it kind of hard.
 popcorn2008
01-22-2006, 8:24 PM
I couldn't tell you how, but if you port resources (sounds) into other games, know that it is illegal to release it publicly. Don't ask why, I just know that from modding KotOR.
Sorry, but extracting sounds is bordering on illegal activity. Moeller is right, so im afraid im gonna have to lock this baby.

:lock:
Page: 1 of 1