Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

My Comments on Demo

Page: 1 of 1
 swaaye
01-22-2006, 1:28 AM
Good:
Sweet space battles. Interesting ground battle tactical potential. Ground battle is very challenging. I do think things get blown up too fast and easily, especially troops. It's like total carnage slaughterfest for the soldiers.

It feels a LOT like a rendition of Rebellion. Same voice actors and many elements. Obviously incredibly simplified though (good/bad). I really liked Rebellion so it immediately caught my attention there.

Bad:
Camera. Yuck. You cant change your angle very freely at all. I also don't like how they did the separate steps to the very far views. The interface is too big and it's hard to get IMO a wide enough view of the battle. And when you do zoom out it steps way out and you lose the whole interface. This is equally as bad in space. They should not have dumbed the camera down like this. People can handle 3 dimensions.

Very disappointed with camera.

Interface could have been made smaller, perhaps using the sides of the screen and being more transparent instead of 1/4 screen StarCraft-type stuff. Playing it safe guys.

Overall:
I'm not pleased with the simplicity of the game overall really. It really does feel like a Command & Conquer clone in the end. Good thing it has Galactic angle for strategy otherwise, heh, it wouldn't have much depth at all.

I will probably pick it up just because I'm a sucker for space battles and LEC won't give me a new space fighter sim so whatchagonnado.
 Athanasios
01-22-2006, 7:04 AM
Good:
Bad:
Camera. Yuck. You cant change your angle very freely at all. I also don't like how they did the separate steps to the very far views. The interface is too big and it's hard to get IMO a wide enough view of the battle. And when you do zoom out it steps way out and you lose the whole interface. This is equally as bad in space. They should not have dumbed the camera down like this. People can handle 3 dimensions.

Very disappointed with camera.

Interface could have been made smaller, perhaps using the sides of the screen and being more transparent instead of 1/4 screen StarCraft-type stuff. Playing it safe guys.

I'm 1000% with you in the ground camera issue, i have already complaint about this in other threads. And actually, it's the only question i'll ask in the Dev Chat (if ill be in), if they made the camera work freely as in space or not in the final game...
Page: 1 of 1