Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Has anyone been able to use obi-wan or luke on land?

Page: 1 of 1
 Yesh
01-21-2006, 3:34 PM
I've tried several of these mods and most end up crashing on me. All I want to do is play a land battle, even if its at tatooaine with new units, heros and vehicles. I tried editing the campaign file and got an error when playing the game. the same I've gotten with all these mods when you go to a planet that doesn't seem to work.
 enterman
01-21-2006, 4:55 PM
i was using a mod were I was the rebels and I had Obi-Won as one of my characters to lead into a battle but, when sending him to a planet to fight, the game chrashed.
 Minniboobs
01-21-2006, 5:06 PM
yes same here i can use luke in space though i cant see inflitrators on land too
 Yesh
01-21-2006, 6:15 PM
So Obi-Wan doesn't work. Do any other land heroes besides Han and Chewie work for anyone? Rebel or Empire?
 enterman
01-21-2006, 6:35 PM
R2/D2 worked for me on land, he can hack turrents so that they attack the empire instead u.
 Minniboobs
01-21-2006, 7:14 PM
havent tried r2 d2 on land yet but i did manage to steal tech with them
 Yesh
01-21-2006, 7:30 PM
What about imperials besides fett like palpatine, vader, mara jade, piett, tarkin etc.?
 augrunt
01-21-2006, 8:13 PM
Mara Jade aint in the game's scripts... or perhaps i didnt look hard enough, i saw katarn though, but when placed in the game he is invisble/not selectable/bugged... its the fact that they havent added anything major to this...

ive noticed in the code theres alot of messages to designers, theres a lot of junk code in there... like one of them stated to another designer/programmer "This code is worthless in here, its useless please remove it" or something along the lines... this is a build that was given to a beta testing group/the team @ petroglyph...
 chr0n1x
01-21-2006, 11:17 PM
A lot of that code does usually stay ingames, sometimes they find a use for it, so they keep it, sometimes not, I don't know about petroglyph, how they do things.

Mara Jade is in the games scripts "Mara_Jade_Team", she even has a model. There are no models for Katarn, Vader, Obi Wan, Palpatine, Piett(*), Tarkin, Veers.
(*)=He uses a star destroyer for a mdoel ingame, no land variant. Veers uses an ATAT, but I don't think there is a model for him.
 Yesh
01-21-2006, 11:21 PM
so mara might work on land is what you're saying?
 DarthParametric
01-22-2006, 3:02 AM
so mara might work on land is what you're saying?
Yes, she does indeed work when deployed on the ground. Her Force Corrupt skill is quite tasty. You can even use it to take control of the Rancor on the Tatooine map. The Rancor can kill an AT-ST in one hit.
 DarthParametric
01-22-2006, 3:48 AM
Here are the heroes I have seen so far (text in square brackets are my comments) -

Han_Solo_Team
Mon_Mothma_Team
Tani_Team [?]
Droids_Team [R2 and 3P0]
Home_One [Admiral Akbar]
Sundered_Heart [Captain Antilles]
Obi_Wan_Team
Red_Squadron [Luke's X-Wing squadron at the time of the ANH DS attack]
Boba_Fett_Team
Grand_Moff_Tarkin_Team
Emperor_Palpatine_Team
Darth_Team [Vader]
General_Veers_Team
Accuser_Star_Destroyer [Captain Piett]
Mara_Jade_Team

There are some mods that spawn the vehicles these heroes use (like Slave 1, TIE Advanced x1, etc.) rather than the heroes themselves. Some heroes like Vader, Obi-Wan, etc will crash the game if you try to land them in a ground battle, as there are no model assets for them.
 chr0n1x
01-22-2006, 4:02 AM
Yes, they are scripted, however there are no models for most of them so you cannot use them.
 DarthParametric
01-22-2006, 4:13 AM
Yes, they are scripted, however there are no models for most of them so you cannot use them.

Well Mara_Jade_Team, Home_One, Sundered_Heart, Red_Squadron, and Accuser_Star_Destroyer all worked fine in my own tests. I haven't tried Veers, yet, but his AT-AT model is in-game as you posted earlier, so he should work as well. And enterman has said that R2 works on land, so I'm assuming that Droids_Team works too (haven't tested myself).
Page: 1 of 1