Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Sith Assassins - With Lightsabers for TSL

Page: 1 of 1
 Shem
01-21-2006, 8:40 AM
Title: Sith Assassins - With Lightsabers
Author: Shem
Date Released: 1/21/06

http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/18485.html)

Updated Links
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Sith_Assassins_With_Lightsabers;56678)
http://www.lucasfiles.com/?s=&action=file&id=1328)

Description: It's finally been done for those who have been waiting for someone to do this. The Sith Assassins no longer attack your party with quarter staffs. They now attack your party with lightsabers. Again, I have found a way to make a mod without having to do .ncs/.nss scripting. The previous time was my Darth Malak - IMPROVED mod I made last October.

Darth Malak - IMPROVED
http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/16837.html)

Like in my previous Malak Improved mod, I had to deal with the fact that most of the Sith Assassins use the same .utc tags. As some of you may know, when you change a .utc file that has the same tag name in more than one map, it screws up one of the NPC's in at least one of the maps. In that case, two of the maps with the Sith Assassins are screwed up where they just stand there and don't move. One of the places is the Harbinger in the crew quarters. The other was on Dxun in the jungle outside of Freedon Nadd's Tomb. Some of you have probably tried this and noticed it as well. I've now made it where that isn't a problem.
 General Kenobi
03-15-2006, 1:45 AM
WOW! I'm amazed this thread has sit here this long without someone commenting on it. :rolleyes:

Very good job man. This is a good idea as the staff thang made NO sense to me. :thumbsup:

:ben:
General Kenobi

Title: Sith Assassins - With Lightsabers
Author: Shem
Date Released: 1/21/06

http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/18485.html)

Description: It's finally been done for those who have been waiting for someone to do this. The Sith Assassins no longer attack your party with quarter staffs. They now attack your party with lightsabers. Again, I have found a way to make a mod without having to do .ncs/.nss scripting. The previous time was my Darth Malak - IMPROVED mod I made last October.

Darth Malak - IMPROVED
http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/16837.html)

Like in my previous Malak Improved mod, I had to deal with the fact that most of the Sith Assassins use the same .utc tags. As some of you may know, when you change a .utc file that has the same tag name in more than one map, it screws up one of the NPC's in at least one of the maps. In that case, two of the maps with the Sith Assassins are screwed up where they just stand there and don't move. One of the places is the Harbinger in the crew quarters. The other was on Dxun in the jungle outside of Freedon Nadd's Tomb. Some of you have probably tried this and noticed it as well. I've now made it where that isn't a problem.
 Shem
03-15-2006, 6:44 PM
WOW! I'm amazed this thread has sit here this long without someone commenting on it. :rolleyes:
Yeah, I wondered that too. Especially since it's got almost 1700 downloads at PCGM already.

Very good job man. This is a good idea as the staff thang made NO sense to me. :thumbsup:
Thanks, you're the first person to say anything about it.
 General Kenobi
03-15-2006, 7:02 PM
I was afraid this would happen. Before I took a TSL modding/playing break (you know Empire at War stuff...lol ;) ) The Holowan Forum had only recently split and I thought this would happen. MUCH easier to just log in, find out the info link and log out.

I'm a firm believer that when it was W.I.P.'s & Release Threads together, you were already there reading all of the work that went in and the responces and usually you want to say a "yeah you tell em" or the like. If you can find them all in one spot and without the wip info no one cares, just downloads them and moves on.

I'm a regular on another forum as well and I know I never browse out to other spots much either other than my usualy 2 or 3 forums on that site.

Just my two bits ;)

:ben:
General Kenobi
 Q
05-31-2006, 4:49 AM
Hey, Shem!

I downloaded this one a couple of months ago (when I first started adding mods to KotOR & TSL), but I've just recently started posting here. Anyway, people who refer to the whole Peragus/Harbinger part of the game as "the boring stuff" REALLY need this mod (along with the HCM)! I thought I'd never get off the Harbinger! Shields, anyone? The SA attack on the Mandalorian camp was also a lot more fun. Great job, Shem!

Q
 Ztalker
05-31-2006, 6:10 AM
Again, a must-have mod that realy 'fills' some 'holes' left in Kotor 2. Good Job, it's a stayer in my Override :)
 Arбtoeldar
05-31-2006, 10:48 AM
Again, a must-have mod that realy 'fills' some 'holes' left in Kotor 2. Good Job, it's a stayer in my Override :)

Agreed. I was like :confused:, where are the lightsabers for the SA. I could understand the exile not having a saber in the beginning of the game but not the SA.
 Denny33142
05-31-2006, 2:19 PM
Really nice mod, it also makes the SA harder good job :)
 Shem
06-19-2006, 4:35 PM
Thanks for the great responses everybody. I didn't notice these when they were said. I guess I wasn't expecting it since I wasn't getting any for this mod (it seems feedback has been a problem since the Taris Upper City Forum was created). It's nice to hear that people really love it this mod.

I had this idea ever since I played TSL for the first time on the Xbox in Dec of '04. I remember thinking I couldn't wait to get it on PC so I can make a mod to get the Assassins to fight you with lightsabers. When I saw the conflict it caused at first, I was disappointed and it seemed nobody else was interested in making this mod. I kept saying for about a year if somebody makes this mod bug free, it will be a huge hit, and when I figured it out, I wasn't suprised to see how many downloads it got.

I'm glad to know that I knew this idea was a really great idea when I see that it has nearly 3000 downloads at PCGM in five months (that's about 600 a month, 150 a week, 21 a day on average).
 Smoke7
06-30-2006, 3:54 PM
Just wanted to say thanks for this mod Shem. I just recently picked up both KOTOR and TSL for the PC just to experience someof the changes people have made to the games. I know I have played through both at least 4 times on the Xbox prior.

I must say this mod is great, made the Harbinger much harder and more exciting. Big props to you! :cheers:
 Shem
07-02-2006, 1:03 AM
I must say this mod is great, made the Harbinger much harder and more exciting. Big props to you! :cheers:Thanks! :D Giving more life and excitement to the game is what my purpose was for releasing this mod and I do love going through the Harbinger now.

Now just wait till you use this mod when you get attacked by the Assassins in the Mandalorian Camp on Dxun, and in the Sith Academy and the cave on Korriban. Lots more lightsaber duels with this mod. The Assassins that guard Darth Sion use double-bladed lightsabers. And some of the Assassins use double-bladed lightsabers in the Mandalorian camp, and all of them drop their sabers in that module.
 Shem
07-13-2006, 5:31 AM
UPDATED!

Since PCGM is down and we don't know when it will be up again, I have a new link for this mod. Hopefully PCGM will work again!
 Thorguild
04-23-2007, 9:57 PM
Nice job Shem!

I have a request: Can the SA drop the sabers when killed? I'm sick of fighting a dozen of the suckers and not being able to pick one up.

I also don't care for the quest to find a saber...

Thanks again for a cool mod.
 Shem
04-24-2007, 2:25 AM
Nice job Shem!

I have a request: Can the SA drop the sabers when killed? I'm sick of fighting a dozen of the suckers and not being able to pick one up.

I also don't care for the quest to find a saber...

Thanks again for a cool mod.To make this mod work bug free, I can't add that request. Someone with good scripting knowledge could probably do it, but I was never able to get anybody interested in doing that idea for months before I figured out a way to make this mod idea work. I knew this was a great idea, and the results prove it since it's got well over 11,000 downloads at the three different sites this mod is hosted at in just over a year.

However, I was able to program the mod differently when being ambushed at the Mandalorian Camp and they do drop their lightsabers and some of them are double-bladed. Some of the Sith Assassins at the old abandoned Sith Academy on Korriban will have double-bladed lightsabers, who are Darth Sion's personal body guards and will drop those too.
 Prime
04-24-2007, 11:42 AM
What is the issue, Shem? Can't you just set them to droppable in the utc files? Am I missing something?
 Shem
04-24-2007, 5:24 PM
What is the issue, Shem? Can't you just set them to droppable in the utc files? Am I missing something?What happened is in order to make this mod work I had to edit the weapon file all Sith Assassins use, which is a quarter staff. I changed the UTI file of that quarterstaff into a red lightsaber. The problem with editing the UTC file of the Sith Assassins is in some modules they do not attack because they get corrupted, which one place I can remember that happens is on crew quarters on the Harbinger. Also the cut scene right after Kreia just entered your party where you see the Assassins following right before Atton joins your party is corrupted. So by just editing the weapon to a lightsaber, it goes by what the game does by default and not drop the lightsaber. Of course it wouldn't be an upgradable lightsaber, which means you wouldn't be able to edit the color crystal. When I thought about it, it probably worked best in order to keep with the game and not let you get a lightsaber before you get a chance to build one.

However, I was able to edit the UTC files for the Sith Assassins on Dxun and I changed one file in the old Sith Academy so those Assassins drop their lightsabers, which are regular default lightsabers and double-bladed lightsabers you can upgrade.
 Master Kai
08-12-2007, 9:52 AM
This has a permenant place in my override folder!, Peragus is so much more fun & challenging now, Atton & Kriea go down to like 1 saber slash. Kewl mate!
 Carodej
09-12-2007, 4:04 AM
Last month I came back from a long break from KotOR2 when I found this mod. One word describes it best... WOW! This mod makes the game more how it should have been. Like others have mentioned, it's going to be permanently in my override folder as well. (Now if only everybody and their brother didn't have a cortosis weave melee weapon, and the game would let me slice through their weapons.) Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for the great mod!
 Shem
09-12-2007, 4:21 AM
I appreciate the kind words people have said about this mod (that includes all over the internet). If you count PCGM's download count before it bit the dust, this mod has well over 15,000 downloads, so thanks for all the support. :D
Page: 1 of 1