Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

We need an "Ultimate Mod"

Page: 1 of 1
 evenflow80
01-20-2006, 8:33 PM
So here is what we have so far in different mods:

1) Pretty much all Rebel units unlocked, both ground and space.

2) Imperial forces in space have been spruced up, so now they have ISDs, Interdictors, lots of fighters, etc, all on the map, making a bigger fight.

3) Apparently, ISDs and VSDs are buildable and/or given to the Rebel player.

4) Apparently, Venators are in the game and can be "unlocked", though I think they weren't ever meant to be.

5) Not sure, but some extra planets are in there, such as Hoth and Kuat, atleast some guy claimed he unlocked them. Not sure if this is just space or also the land map. If this is the case, in the Demo Campaign there are now five planets total, each with atleast a space battle.

So what I'm getting at is that there are a bunch of MODs out there, and all do somethings but not everything, and its getting risky playing around with the data folder all the time, since I really like Chris's new Version 4 mod, and don't want to mess it up by installing a new mod and not liking it.

So what someone should do is use those five guidelines above and make an "Ultimate Mod" that pretty much unlocks/improves everything that can be done in the demo, all in one neat, organized mod. Wish I can do it.

Thanks for reading , and please add anything else unlocked in a mod I haven't heard of, thanks again.
 eaterofpies
01-20-2006, 8:40 PM
So here is what we have so far in different mods:

1) Pretty much all Rebel units unlocked, both ground and space.

2) Imperial forces in space have been spruced up, so now they have ISDs, Interdictors, lots of fighters, etc, all on the map, making a bigger fight.

3) Apparently, ISDs and VSDs are buildable and/or given to the Rebel player.

4) Apparently, Venators are in the game and can be "unlocked", though I think they weren't ever meant to be.

5) Not sure, but some extra planets are in there, such as Hoth and Kuat, atleast some guy claimed he unlocked them. Not sure if this is just space or also the land map. If this is the case, in the Demo Campaign there are now five planets total, each with atleast a space battle.

So what I'm getting at is that there are a bunch of MODs out there, and all do somethings but not everything, and its getting risky playing around with the data folder all the time, since I really like Chris's new Version 4 mod, and don't want to mess it up by installing a new mod and not liking it.

So what someone should do is use those five guidelines above and make an "Ultimate Mod" that pretty much unlocks/improves everything that can be done in the demo, all in one neat, organized mod. Wish I can do it.

Thanks for reading , and please add anything else unlocked in a mod I haven't heard of, thanks again.

Well volunteered that man!

get to it!
 Animask
01-20-2006, 8:55 PM
I think he means that he CANT do it. Probably because he doesnt know how, but neither do I. Lol
 killerluk
01-20-2006, 9:05 PM
i agree with him also these mods are basicly each time unlocking new features of the demo :) now we just need to find all hidden features wich can be 'unlocked' and then have it in a single mode (the 5 planet galactic map(maybe more? :o)) all the ships and the possibility to play as empire :)

who ever does it has my grattitude
 eaterofpies
01-20-2006, 9:11 PM
I think he means that he CANT do it. Probably because he doesnt know how, but neither do I. Lol

until 2 days ago no one could.

Time to go look at the files and try to work out how to make mods. Thats what everyone else is doing.

the files actually make a supprising ammount of sense
Page: 1 of 1