Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

No interface on max. zoom out... why?

Page: 1 of 1
 xysvenxy
01-20-2006, 5:08 AM
Devs,
please don't make the interface disappear when the player zooms out to the maximum.
It's an absolutely great and amazing feature to be able to zoom out that far - but I don't see a reason why you made the interface disappear then.

I would love to see the interface there, being able to control my units in a normal way.

All, if you want this also, please support this topic ;)
 killerluk
01-20-2006, 5:29 AM
maybe they disabled inteface on max zoomout so you see nearly all the battlefield?
kinda like seeing whats comming of reinforcements, where all your units are etc
 xysvenxy
01-20-2006, 6:43 AM
What's the point seeing all the battlefield if you can not control your units this way?
Yes, you can control them but you can not use their special abilities, you have no chance to select units of a kind quickly, you don't have a mini-map, you can not call for reinforcements or retreat.... .... ....

That's what I'm missing :(
 RC2080
01-20-2006, 10:49 AM
zooming out is like what you're trying to get a more strategic view.. it adds to realism that you can't tactically control your units as well when you're totally zoomed out.. at least that's my opinion..
 Breiti
01-20-2006, 12:43 PM
I really like it.

It gives me the feeling of total control over what my units are doing.

Did anyone experience performance problems wile zooming out ?
 popcorn2008
01-20-2006, 1:51 PM
I like the fact that they removed the interface on maximum zoom, it lets me get a better view of the battlefield and with the UI there it would just clutter everything.
 Kurgan
01-21-2006, 2:00 AM
It's a silly way to do it. They just should make a button (that you can't re-bind) to toggle the interface on or off. Problem solved!

(or set an option so that it stays off until you move the cursor to the bottom of the screen where it normally appears).
 xysvenxy
01-21-2006, 5:28 AM
Right, that would be a great option ;)
Page: 1 of 1