Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Need help with the tatooine

Page: 1 of 1
 kregaaron
01-19-2006, 7:24 PM
I keep losing at it, I just don't know how to destroy that shield generator so my bombers can bomb the base, HELP!
 DarthMaulUK
01-19-2006, 7:47 PM
Its hard going and you have to explore the map. Use your allies - humans and jawas to capture the reinforcement points close to them - also look out for build pads. Get Chewie to capture the AT AT and use that against the Empire

DMUK
 AETOS75
01-20-2006, 9:42 AM
Yeah those big imperial turrets are nasty.

Just attack from the north.

Dont get to near at those turrets in the south.

Chewie captures the AT-AT(as mentioned above)
Get in from the north with few regular tanks vs infantry + 2-3 artillery tanks
destroy the generator shield and bombard from distance the turrets(now thats called strategy) and u fine.
 Servercat
01-20-2006, 9:49 AM
You can also destroy the shield generator by landing Artillery at the LP on the East side of the base and moving them a tad closer.

(Energy shields do not stop solid bjests, like bombs,rockets or people/vehicles)

On the same token, if you call for a bombing run slightly to the east of the Shield generator, the first few shots of the bomber's salvos will fall short and hit the generator.(You have to target outside of the shield, regardless of whether or not you've de-fogged the generator or not. You can't call for direct bombing runs on the base, as long as the shield is up. But you can do this edge hitting to any of the structures at the perimeter. Those one or two stray bombs are strong enough, to destory a facility in 1-2 runs)
 Breiti
01-20-2006, 12:40 PM
Move all your units except 2 or 3 to the reinforce point in the east.

There call new reinforcements and move everybody to the north.

There attack the small turret and directly move on to the shield generator.

After having finishjed the generator ... have fun with your bombers ;)
 Spartan025
01-20-2006, 7:25 PM
lol I did an all out
worked for me but hard
it was worth it :)
in cinematic mode make it even better
 GSR_tufelhunden
01-21-2006, 12:58 AM
1. call for reinforcements

2. stay near the first landing point

3. use the planet people ot capture the build pads to the top and left and right of the shield points

3. use the ewoks and some troop reinforcements to capture the research facility to the botom left

4. once you capture the build points, you can do a bombing range just outside the shield . the bombers drop their load also inside the shield area, destroying the buildings there. once the turrents are gone, move in and capture the build points that the turrents were at, and build a new turrent for yourself. also, keep using the bombing runs. it seems the demo is set up to discourage "rush" tactics
 Kurgan
01-21-2006, 2:04 AM
It's a little weird. I destroyed everything and yet it still didn't say I'd won. I thought perhaps they were being super anal about it and wanted me to take out every section of "wall" as well as the buildings. That wasn't it, so I just re-bombed the already destroyed area of buildings and presto, I won!

I guess I do recall hearing an Imperial officer say something like "and then after they surrender and come out of their burning rubble, we'll bomb them AGAIN!" so I guess the trick is just to bomb them again. ;)
 lukeiamyourdad
01-21-2006, 3:34 AM
Pfff attacking the rear. I prefer the civilian and Jawa kamikaze tactic. Use artillery to destroy the tower to the southwest outside the shield, mass your infantry and civilians to either the western turret or eastern turret and pound on it until it's destroyed.

You'll suffer some losses but it's a lot more fun then being careful about your units :)
 jedi3112
01-21-2006, 11:53 AM
It's not really that difficult. I didn't even capture the AT-AT. Still the kamikaze runs are indeed much more fun. But really it's
:vadar: all too easy
 Hendy
01-21-2006, 2:37 PM
The bombing run tactic mentioned is an easy way of taking out the shield
 shadowsfm
01-21-2006, 8:12 PM
how you take out the shield with the bombers
 Kurgan
01-22-2006, 9:30 PM
Call in the airstrike button (when it becomes available) and use it to click above and to the right of the generator I guess. I only used it against the Jawas, and in this game you can't hurt friendlies, so it did nothing. ;)
Page: 1 of 1