Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Really stumped on an issue...

Page: 1 of 1
 mrdefender
01-19-2006, 6:57 PM
Ok. I'm really stumped on this particular issue a player is having with my 1.8 wrist console modification... Here's what he says:

§ephiroth
thnx it worked....though after getting it to work the game screwed up like when i completed on of the taskes nesesary to "prove my worth" to mandalore the game wouldnt register it and i ran out of things to do leaving me on duxen :/ and it kept repeating the cutscene btwn colnel tobin yelling at a subordanent for losing me.

I then provided a short list of what he can do to gain prestige with mandalore, from what I can remember... He replied:

§ephiroth
I did them all except the telematry computer and phase. telemetry cant be done until phase is and i cant do the phase because iv already killed all the cannoks...im missing the final piece wich has become impossible at this point... the rest of them mandalore wouldnt recognize except the scouts.

What stumps me is that I can't figgure out why this happend. I mean, look at the code for the "give wrist launcher feat" script I use:

void main()
{
GrantFeat( 208, GetFirstPC() );
GrantFeat( 208, GetObjectByTag ("Atton") );
GrantFeat( 208, GetObjectByTag ("BaoDur") );
GrantFeat( 208, GetObjectByTag ("Mand") );
GrantFeat( 208, GetObjectByTag ("Handmaiden") );
GrantFeat( 208, GetObjectByTag ("Kreia") );
GrantFeat( 208, GetObjectByTag ("Mira") );
GrantFeat( 208, GetObjectByTag ("VisasMarr") );
GrantFeat( 208, GetObjectByTag ("Hanharr") );
GrantFeat( 208, GetObjectByTag ("Disciple") );
}

Does anyone have any theories on what happend here? :|
 rgdelta
01-19-2006, 7:04 PM
Not sure Defender I have not had any issues with your wrist console and from the descriptions and your code I see no reason for it. I have not tried having your console with the Mandalore stuff yet as I just got it yesterday for my development of my mod TSL Enhanced.

There should be no reason why that issue should be coming up that I can see.
 mrdefender
01-19-2006, 7:15 PM
I know, it's very weird. I don't have anything related to quests in my modification as far as I know, but perhaps there is some behind-the-scenes intermingle with this script and that quest :/
 RedHawke
01-20-2006, 12:21 AM
Being the game itself can glitch on it's own without any mods, adding mods onto it can just help this along or become scapegoats for people to blame for things, so it might not be your mod that has caused this mrd. ;)

Your script doesn't touch anything that would seem to relate to that quest, so I say it is very likely a bug in his savegame.

Just my 2 cents! :D
 mrdefender
01-20-2006, 3:33 AM
Yah, that's what I was thinking too... Suffice it to say kotor 2 has gone binks on me a couple of times now :lol: I managed to find out the "item code" for the 3 phase controller parts on dxun, and suggested he use the giveitem cheat to get the one he's missing. Not sure if it will work but at the moment it doesn't look like I/we can do much about this... :(

I really appreciate the help :) Both of you :)
 Rain128
01-20-2006, 7:40 AM
On one round thru Duxn for me a few Cannoks were way up in the zone in/out area to the camp, i had to lure them out with a few gernades....

the last one i killed had a part on it..
 Det. Bart Lasiter
01-20-2006, 11:48 PM
^^^^
They're placed randomly throughout the module.

@mrdefender-
Make sure that he uses the 'giveitem' cheat for the phase-pulse converter parts within the Dxun jungle module, otherwise it won't work.
Page: 1 of 1