Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Apprentice in K3

Page: 2 of 2
 Darth Sun_Tzu
02-02-2006, 4:38 AM
my idea is that atton is your master and as was stated earlier mira dies protecting people on a planet in the rim that has an academy on it.

your padawan should be important to the story.
ex. they could become the romance option
or maybe they fall to the ds and you have to redeem them

The problem with have k2 characters in the next game is the ls/ds choice. If you went ds, then Mira would be dead and Atton (well you don't really know cos the game is incomplete) would be a dark jedi.
 Steve-O Kreesh
02-02-2006, 4:44 PM
I agree with you wholeheartly Darth Sun_Tzu. The whole point of lightsaber forms is a different way to attack(or defend against) an opponent. More animations are a must!
 JediMaster12
02-02-2006, 5:05 PM
There is no emotion, there is peace.
Try not to get excited again master. The lightsaber forms are a good thing and I think someone came up the idea to create your own lightsaber form so that is another possiblity. What I'm still not understanding is that how the lightsaber becomes more powerful the upgrades do that and as to the increase in hit bonus, isn't that based on how much skill you have with a blade?
@ Darth Sun_Tzu: What you mean is to see a visible increase in the blade's power as you level up?
 Darth Sun_Tzu
02-03-2006, 2:38 AM
^What i'm saying is that as you become more knowledgeable in the force you learn how to make/build a better lightsabre. When you first make your sabre you are a padawan and not very good at making lightsabres so it is not very good, say 1-12 damage (this is the base damage level) and it only has a colour crystal slot. So as you progress to a Knight you learn how to make it have 3 crystal slots and it also become more powerful, 1-16 damage.

When you become a Master your knowledge of the workings of lightsabre become complete and you can make the most powerful type of lightsabre (as they are in K2, 3 crystal + 3 upgrade slots, 2-20 damage). You would still have all the feats and forms available but it is plot related rather than anything to do with skill. Which i think is more realistic.
 JediMaster12
02-03-2006, 12:23 PM
So in a way you want to extend the build your own lightsaber quest?

Don't get me wrong, it would make sense if you were a real Jedi and doing that kind of thing. I guess what I'm thinking of is the practicality of it being in the game.
 Darth Sun_Tzu
02-03-2006, 3:35 PM
I had not looked at it that way but yes, it would be an extented quest.

I think it would work but i don't know if people would like it, most are too impatient, they want it straight away. But we all know where that leads.
 JediMaster12
02-03-2006, 5:02 PM
Yes patience is the key. The only problem I had building the lightsaber was that you had to go to different places to get the parts needed. I guess it made sense considering that the Jedi were near gone and the Sith were coming and there really was no academy perse where you could get the parts.
Perhaps as we go along in KOTOR 3 the Jedi Master or someone who knows the jedi would give the part after completing a certain quest whether it is to aid or discourage other sentients. The order of the skill progression of the blade could depend on your tendencies and skill level.
 Darth Sun_Tzu
02-04-2006, 5:10 AM
I guess it depends how the story will go to how they 'do' the lightsabre.
 JediMaster12
02-05-2006, 4:05 AM
Yes. I wonder if they thought of the possiblity that the master/Sithy Lordcould be the one to held you give the saber more power, power that could easily be lost. Still I think for the flow of things there should be a "teacher" that accompanies the PC. In KOTOR it was Bastilla and in TSL,obvious choice: Kreia. It would sense but even then it wasn't a direct involvement, at least none that I could detect with Bastilla. the exception was Kreia.
Page: 2 of 2