Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

note to moderators

Page: 1 of 1
 killerluk
01-10-2006, 7:27 PM
plz stop deleting people's post/threads just cause they dont agree on certain things... or cause it aint all praise for eaw.

example the newly made preview thread
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=158278)

on mainpage it says debate it ... a debate aint sweet talk it
people commented that it wasent very new / informative

now the thread is locked and all posts removed

a forum should allow people to voice also their negative thoughts on things
 Darth Diddler
01-10-2006, 7:32 PM
good point

:moped :blaze6: :hang1:
 MasterJack
01-10-2006, 7:37 PM
I agree, I saw those posts and none of them violated any rules of posting. They simply stated that it wasn't much of a preview (and it wasn't). Posts should not be deleted just because it doesn't conform to someone else's opinion (unless the post violates the rules).

As Yoda said "Down a dark path this line of thought will take us"
 Master_Cain
01-11-2006, 4:42 AM
I agree, I saw those posts and none of them violated any rules of posting. They simply stated that it wasn't much of a preview (and it wasn't). Posts should not be deleted just because it doesn't conform to someone else's opinion (unless the post violates the rules).

I don't know exactly what they did but the eaw moderators are very good. If they deleted something they may have had a good reason. We do the same on PFF.
 MasterJack
01-11-2006, 5:05 AM
I would like to know the reason myself. I don't like censorship without reason.

As Yoda said "That is a path to the dark side"

PS: This is not a dig at the moderators, just like to know why this action was taken.
 DarthMaulUK
01-11-2006, 5:43 AM
let me address this.

Frankly, some of those posts were pointless. Just because some of you might have seen those screenshots or read that information, doesnt mean that everyone has. And to post comments such as 'is this anything new? no. so whats the point' is selfish and means that I WILL delete them.

This is not the official forums where people can post silly comments and remarks and I will not allow it to become as such. Its about time a little thought were put into some of your posts before hitting that submit button.

These forums have posts that arent full of praise for EaW and they are allowed. I dont mind constructive posts pointing out the areas you are concerned with and areas of the game you might need feel addressing. Again, if I see a post that says ' i wont be buying EaW because it looks rubbish' - WILL get deleted.

In addition to this, if the same users keep posting like this - after warnings - they will see themselves slapped with a ban.

DMUK
 popcorn2008
01-11-2006, 3:50 PM

Just to assist DMUK on this matter, the posts that were delted were in violation of forum guidelines. Which rule? "2. Dont spam." Pointless complaints like DMUK said, do not add to the discussion in any way. If you dont like something tell us why not just a sentence. We dont censor because of opinion, as you can tell we allow negative EaW views as long as they are constructive.
 lukeiamyourdad
01-11-2006, 9:47 PM
And if it's actually a case of redundancy, leave it to us to see if the thread needs closing or not. Spamming about it doesn't make things better.
Leave the moderating to the moderators.
 El Sitherino
01-11-2006, 10:00 PM
Note to regular users with nothing useful to say.

Enjoy your future bans.
 Jmaster3265
01-12-2006, 6:10 PM
I just have a question, i didnt say anything in that topic by the way, but i was wondering soemthing. Why is it when we post info that is already known and not new (ex: i did once) it gets deleted or locked? But if a mod and or admin posts that, he gets to have it kept....?
 popcorn2008
01-12-2006, 6:12 PM
Can you post us a link of when a mod has made a repeat thread? I have never seen it done before personally.
 Jmaster3265
01-12-2006, 6:20 PM
Can you post us a link of when a mod has made a repeat thread? I have never seen it done before personally.

Ok, i will try looking through it, also i know who the mod was if i cant find it. The one with the avatar of a dj. Forget name....
 Jan Gaarni
01-12-2006, 6:37 PM
Watch it so you don't annoy anyone, or you might find yourself reported to the government. :D
 El Sitherino
01-12-2006, 7:47 PM
Why is it when we post info that is already known and not new (ex: i did once) it gets deleted or locked? But if a mod and or admin posts that, he gets to have it kept....?
Because we rock your feeble minds with our awesome.
 Jeff
01-12-2006, 8:02 PM
Ok, i will try looking through it, also i know who the mod was if i cant find it. The one with the avatar of a dj. Forget name....
I await your findings with anticipation.
 gamefreak
01-18-2006, 10:20 PM
Im loving the total authority of the mods, :emperor: and just to let you no not every members against you. I believe that you guys take consideration when deleting things. Example: I posted some bable about downloading times In the down load link thread earlier and DarthmaulUK deleted, and i would have done the same if I where him.( I was bored)
 Jason91
01-19-2006, 9:46 PM
The admins ( modderators are 100% right ) and i'm with them for deleting rubbish posts beause i myself have made them Eg. Do sd's pack a bigger punch than mon cal's

thats a fine example.... my advice is rather than post a useless thread send a private message... i mean i did..

i sent 1 2 darthfergie before the demo was out because i was curious about gamespot complete... and i got my answer and i was happy for his assiantance... althought i would have sent it 2 any1 but fergie was the only guy i actually knew who was online..

So lets not have a bash the modderators session shall we

Jason91
 Kurgan
01-21-2006, 2:44 AM
Let's face it, everytime there's a new game, we go through this. Tons of people posting like madmen, and few people reading the stickies, using the search function or reading the other topics before posting their own. And as a result of having to delete/edit/move dozens of threads or posts, patience on our part can get short. We get a large influx of people who are new and many who are frankly clueless. If you're not part of the problem, then don't be offended if we get a little short with those who are.

So bear with us, and understand we're all doing the best we can. Some of us (like me) just haven't had as much freetime lately, and so other people are doing probably more than their fair share of work around here. It's not any disrespect, it's just one of those things. We're lucky to have such a dedicated staff. ;)

Some people even forget that this isn't a chat room, but a discussion board. Sometimes you have to just sit back and give people a chance. Recently I've posted and gone to fix a typo, or noticed that while I was posting, two or three people respond already. That's crazy, but it happens at times like these...

So my advice to people is just use some common sense. Read the other topics and post within the topic. Not everyone needs to try to grab center stage with every new thought they have. If it's already covered someplace, contribute to that discussion.

People CAN edit their own posts, last time I checked, so if you make a blunder, just get at it right away before some moderator has a coronary. ;)

Don't be afraid to speak your mind, but do think before you post, that's all we ask. Respect, common sense, and it's all good.
 El Sitherino
01-21-2006, 5:25 PM
You forgot fear, but other than that, yes.
 Kurgan
01-22-2006, 7:26 PM
I prefer respect. ;)

People fear my force long posts, though...
 Apocalypse|TFL
01-28-2006, 8:55 PM
common sense, and it's all good.

I was about to add to this but Kurgan beat me to it. Common Sense. Thats about the best answer you will ever get from anyone anywhere. Use it and you simply will not go wrong.
Page: 1 of 1