Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[TSL] What's up with the quest items?

Page: 1 of 1
 mrdefender
01-10-2006, 12:26 AM
I was thinking of adding certain quest items in my upcoming version of my wrist console and had thought I did a typo... For example, according to KSE "airspeeder41" is "Airspeeder Navigation Interface" but when I look for the "airspeeder41" in my templates (extracted all the "templates" into a folder on my harddrive) I can not seem to find it... nor any other quest items KSE (and kotor 2) says I have....

if ( nSection == 0 ) { CreateItemOnObject( sTag , GetFirstPC(), nOption ); }

This code from my defmod_inventory.ncs script works "perfectly" fine as far as non-quest items go (sabers, masks, repair parts, etc...) but as soon as I try to give myself a quest item, nothing happens... I don't think I even got one of those wierd grenade thingies (that wierd sonic grenade thingie... with no name or description....)

Does anyone know why this isn't working? :eyeraise: :eyeraise:
 Darth333
01-10-2006, 1:03 AM
I didn't checked the code but asfar as I remember quest items have been excluded from KSE. The only items that appear in KSE are those located in your override folder and in the BIFs. In some cases possessing plot items may not be sufficient: you also need to set a global.
 T7nowhere
01-10-2006, 3:24 AM
I think 99% of the time Module specific quest items will only be located in the module that you find it in. As in the case of "airspeeder41.uti" this item is only present in modules 301NAR, 302NAR, and 303NAR. If you attempted to use giveitem airspeeder41 outside of those modules all you would get is a null nade.

However if you extract those module specific uti's to your override you will be able to cheat them in anywhere in the game.
 mrdefender
01-10-2006, 3:38 PM
I think 99% of the time Module specific quest items will only be located in the module that you find it in. As in the case of "airspeeder41.uti" this item is only present in modules 301NAR, 302NAR, and 303NAR. If you attempted to use giveitem airspeeder41 outside of those modules all you would get is a null nade.

However if you extract those module specific uti's to your override you will be able to cheat them in anywhere in the game.

Hmm. Intriguing. Must test this out asap :)

Many thanks to both of you :)

Just a quick clarification though, I was refering to KSE's "inventory" drop-down menu thing which lists only the items I have already and not that box that shows all items and changes the text color depending on if its a custom item and/or its in your inventory... Sorry for that mixup :(
Page: 1 of 1