Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

PVC Dancers Outfit

Page: 1 of 2
 Kristy Kistic
01-08-2006, 1:21 AM
Contains 10 textures for each of the three races plus Mira and the Handmaiden. Contains two models as well. (I know brwarner (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=157940) recently released something similar to these models, but I was already in the middle of this mod so I'm including them anyway. Besides - you may prefer brwarner's (http://pcgamemods.com/mod/18113.html) or ParasiteX's (http://pcgamemods.com/mod/17285.html) version - or maybe even the original model.)

Back to my model changes...
One model turns the boots into a heeled version ( the model height is not increased - I tried, but the bones didn't want to cooperate. Not to say that it isn't possible, but I got tired of messing with it. ) the other is without the heels. Both remove the 'skirtthing' and enhance the breasts somewhat. (Hey, it looks better to me.) I prefer the heeled version myself.

Download this mod (http://files.filefront.com/6500988) (FileFront)

Update to allow Visas Marr to wear them.
Download Visas Marr Patch (http://files.filefront.com/6501005) (FileFront)

Download this mod and patch (http://www.kristykistic.110mb.com/index.php?page=k2003) (my site)
 Soltaris
01-08-2006, 3:07 AM
That's very impressive indeed! I think I like the red outfit best but the silver is looking pretty hot as well.
 ChAiNz.2da
01-08-2006, 7:11 AM
yummy.. err, I mean wow! Nice Work :D hehehe...

Time to go change all my Party Members to female :naughty:
 Kadabra007
01-08-2006, 9:53 AM
Kristy, I can't get your mod to work. I read where you wrote the items aren't placed in game. So how do I get them in game? Is there a cheat? I also read where you reccomended putting all of the skins and textures into a seperate file but all i can download from the mod is a single file pvc_dancer.7z. What am I doing wrong? Am I dumb or what?
 LarryLaffer
01-08-2006, 10:26 AM
Kadabra007, download winRar it will allow you to unzip the .7z file she uses.

www.rarlab.com)
 The_Maker
01-08-2006, 11:43 AM
It figures you would go and and make another pvc mod :xp:

I am liking this one the most (and for obvious reasons ;) ), does it work on the default model that does have the "flap thingy"?
 Kristy Kistic
01-08-2006, 12:17 PM
To The_Maker: Yes it will work with the original model.

To Kadabra007: Use the giveitem cheat or use tk102's savegame editor. It was originally compressed with 7-Zip. (www.7-zip.org)

To ALL: Glad you like it :)
 sithrule88
01-08-2006, 4:20 PM
Hey, I like this. In fact, all of your PVC skins are great, with the Bastila underwear and clothing ones and this one being my favorites. I have a question or two though:

1. Will this work with Brwarner's model without the skirt?

2. What PC are you using? The head doesn't look like one of the standard PC choices. If it is, then it's been too long since I last played TSL. If it isn't, which mod is it?
 Kristy Kistic
01-08-2006, 7:21 PM
To sithrule88: It should work with Brwarner's - assuming no textures were remapped. (I haven't tried it.)

The pc is Athena Too (http://pcgamemods.com/mod/18101.html)
 LarryLaffer
01-09-2006, 10:29 AM
What do I need to change (or add) to the files so that Visas can wear these too? And what program do I need to use to do this?
 Kristy Kistic
01-09-2006, 12:13 PM
To LarryLaffer: I can't answer that. I just got the game and so far I just got to Telos. I don't have Visas Marr, so I have no way of knowing these things - yet. Sorry. (Actually I need to lay aside the modding and finish the game. And I would appreciate it if you don't take my textures and call it your mod.
 sithrule88
01-09-2006, 7:54 PM
Don't worry. I wouldn't know how to steal someones textures....even if I wanted to.

Thanks, but I have another question.

Will it work with ParasiteX's version?

I know, I'm a questionaholic. But pleae......?......
 Nodakrattler
01-09-2006, 9:28 PM
Don't worry. I wouldn't know how to steal someones textures....even if I wanted to.

Thanks, but I have another question.

Will it work with ParasiteX's version?

I know, I'm a questionaholic. But pleae......?......

Yes. These textures will work with any of the current model mods out and any of the current texture mods will work with these models.

The reason is no one has changed how the texture is wrapped around the model, they just changed the physical apperance.

Thank you and have a nice day.
 L0rdReV@n88
01-10-2006, 8:29 AM
i had one problem but then i relized it quick you only did the textures of the lightside not the 2 other darkside textures it just appears like the normal but without the skirt thingy. its really an awesome mod and now that i think of it i dont think it would look good with the gray darkside body anyways so thanks for making such a great Mod HeHe
 Kristy Kistic
01-11-2006, 1:21 AM
To L0rdReV@n88: No I didn't do any darkside textures. Much like you said, I just don't think it would look very good. Besides which the file (compressed) was already larger than I wanted it to be. It made my computer reboot every time I compressed it. :(
 mrcheaterson
01-11-2006, 5:39 PM
kick awsome mod!

you should do another with both gloves and thigh-highs and nither
 PadmeAmidala
01-22-2006, 4:03 PM
Nice.
 daywalker03
01-22-2006, 6:25 PM
What do I need to change (or add) to the files so that Visas can wear these too? And what program do I need to use to do this?

You would need to get Kotor Tool and edit the *.uti files to add Visas as a wearer, though I'm not sure whether it will work or not. I tried using a Visas texture mod as a PC, and trying to get the PC to wear any of them would cause the game to crash on me. :swear:
 Nodakrattler
01-22-2006, 7:17 PM
The apperance.2da file needs to edited as well, since Visas doesn't have entries in the "model L" or "tex L" slots which are the ones used for the dancer model.
 daywalker03
01-23-2006, 11:10 AM
The apperance.2da file needs to edited as well, since Visas doesn't have entries in the "model L" or "tex L" slots which are the ones used for the dancer model.

Thanks for letting me know this. That might fix my problem. :)
 sorrowsiren
02-17-2006, 6:43 PM
First of all, I have to say thank you.. Though I don't really enjoy cheating at video games, I have to admit that if I've gotta spend 8 hours with a butt in front of my camera while I play this game I'd rather it be a hot butt in latex then a baggy/blocky butt in a flight suit or jedi robe...

I downloaded KOTOR tool because there's a couple tweaks I'd like to make to this mob, but I really don't understand the program, I'd like someone to tell me how or if it's in my power to do two things..

First off, I want to turn one of the files (probably green-black) into a black-black file.. (shame on you for not doing black latex in the first place)...

And second off, as I said, I don't really -enjoy- cheating, I want to know how I could maybe half the stats of this armor, and perhaps in turn make it upgreadable..

Hopefully I'm not to late buying the game for anyone to reply.. If you feal more comfortable please E-mail me at PM Me... Sorrowsiren out..

Mod Edit: Sorrowsiren, I realise you are a new poster, but please read our Forum Rules (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=127725) as posting your email address is a no-no. ;) -RH
 LarryLaffer
02-27-2006, 10:42 PM
Ok filnally got around to trying to get visas into these and I copied mira's model l and text l to visas in the appareance.2da and then added visas as a Pc restriction to the uti's and it still will not let her wear the outfits. what am I missing?
 LordReserei
03-07-2006, 8:54 AM
hi,

I just downloaded this mod from PCGM, but I was wondering what the hell is a .7z file and do I just pop it in my "override" folder?
 ChAiNz.2da
03-07-2006, 9:02 AM
hi,

I just downloaded this mod from PCGM, but I was wondering what the hell is a .7z file and do I just pop it in my "override" folder?
It's a 7-zip file... a form of compression much like .zip or .rar ;)

http://www.7-zip.org/)

You'll need to extract the contents of the file before "plopping" :D

and I believe that WinRar will open 7z files too (at least mine does).. hehehe
 LordReserei
03-07-2006, 9:13 AM
cheers ChAiNz.2da, that'll save my head exploding from confusion :)lol
 shadowriath
03-07-2006, 9:48 AM
Larry, to get Visas to wear you need: Nameing of any file can be done in the
appearance.2da

Model: .mdl, .mdx
Texture: .tga
item properties: .uti

The same model, texture and item properties can be used for all. The assignment in the appearance.2da and the PC restriction in the item properteis is what is needed.

Set line 457 of the appearance.2da: under "modell" place "PFBL", under "texl" "PFBLC", ...since there is no DS version fo the texture ignore "texlevil".

The only reason the Mira and Visas are usealy given a different texture file is skin pigment verience from what the players skin pigment is.

Any changed items .uti that you have in a saved game will be uneffected. You must reaquire that item and the new version will be in effect.
 LarryLaffer
03-07-2006, 11:59 PM
Actually I discovered that about a week ago and now am just waiting for lucasfiles to post my submission. Kristy all the credit goes to you as you really did the hard part. and yes I did gie you credit. Keep up the good work.
 Darkkender
03-08-2006, 1:00 AM
Actually I discovered that about a week ago and now am just waiting for lucasfiles to post my submission. Kristy all the credit goes to you as you really did the hard part. and yes I did gie you credit. Keep up the good work.

Unless I missed something above such as caused by PM's. It seems that Kristykistic was pretty clear that she didn't want you re-uploading her mod with changes and calling it yours. Even with giving credit in if the original modder does not give permission it is in violation of some of the forum policies as well as bad taste to go forward with uploading the modified mod to a site. Take it from me I learned the hard way with my first released mod. Mostly from misunderstanding the rules and conversations that were had via pm.

I just say this as a concerned fellow modder who has been on the other end of the finger. If there is other permissions given previously then you can disregard my above concerns.

To moderators I'm not trying to moderate simply caution a fellow modder.
 Emon47
03-12-2006, 5:48 PM
Hello there. . . I tried to download this mod, but there's strangely only one texture file. I was wondering if that is the file with all the ten textures or each of the textures come within a zip file that I'm not getting
 NyQuil
03-16-2006, 10:59 PM
To L0rdReV@n88: No I didn't do any darkside textures. Much like you said, I just don't think it would look very good. Besides which the file (compressed) was already larger than I wanted it to be. It made my computer reboot every time I compressed it. :(

If you repeated "PFBLHandM" in both the "texl" and "texlevil" of appearance.2da, wouldn't it work anyway?

I tried it and it didn't seem to work. I got the same effect as L0rdReV@n88.

EDIT: Interesting, I upped the alignment to 75 and I still got the same effect. The model is definitely different, but it's not calling on the textures. I just get the generic dancer texture but without the skirt.

Anyway, I'll figure it out one way or another.

EDIT: I modified my male character to a female PC appearance, same thing. The model is correct but the textures don't show up. Very odd. I've switched a lot of textures around in my game so I'm not sure what's going wrong in this case.

row= 454 modell=PFBL texl=PFBLHandM texevil=PFBLHandM
 shinyjedi
03-20-2006, 6:42 PM
I have a semi-tongue in cheek suggestion for ingame placement. Please bear with me.

At several places in the game, Kreia goes on about how the exile turned away from war and tried to get as far from it as possible. Now, supposing a female exile with superb physical training and a natural empathy, what better way to stay well-fed than as an exotic dancer? How about a small, exile's quarters mod that places the outfits in the exile's room on the Harbinger along with a nice little holdout blaster in a garter holster, and maybe an exchange negotiator-type hideaway blade.

She wasn't a jedi any longer, so there wouldn't likely be robes or lightsabers in there, and she wasn't a warrior anymore, so there wouldn't likely be military grade weapons. What she would have would be the tools of whatever trade she was plying to keep body and soul together since the war and a momento or two.

Hey, I'm just sayin'..... :)
 Alkonium
03-20-2006, 6:53 PM
I have a semi-tongue in cheek suggestion for ingame placement. Please bear with me.
(Edited for space)
Hey, I'm just sayin'..... :)
The only problem with that is that they would still appear for the male exile, and I don't want to know what he'd be doing with those.
 shinyjedi
03-20-2006, 7:06 PM
Ah, but there are ways to avoid that.
Way 1: install a gender conditional to determine whether they'll show up, like the conditional that determines whether you get handmaiden or disciple. The mod could even be packaged with Kristy's "tighty whiteys" mod to determine which bunch of gear is included in the container depending on the sex of the PC (okay, I haven't really looked at the tighty whiteys mod and have no idea if it's more than underware skins, but I took a shot)
Way 2: install a female dead body in the room, and just assume the exile was shacked up with an exotic dancer whose gear it is. Insert appropriately sad dialect and move on with your game.
Way 3: Since the mod is easy to install, install it for a game with female PC, de-install for a game with male PC.
Way 4: Name the male PC appropriately, and rename the textures and models. (but don't, please don't, tell me how it works out!)
 Alkonium
03-20-2006, 7:11 PM
Problem with Way 1: What if someone with a male PC wants to equip them on Mira or the Handmaiden? Plus, I think the Tighty Whiteys are just underwear reskins for the male characters.
Problem with Way 2: I'm curious as to what an Exotic dancer would be doing with a former jedi of either gender.
Problem with Way 3: Same as 1.
Problem with Way 4: That would be useless, as gender conditionals prevent male character from wearing it(good thing too).
My suggestion: Stick in another one of the Harbinger quarters, or on Kreia's corpse during the prologue(dear god!)
 shinyjedi
03-20-2006, 7:31 PM
Way 1 still works. There is a Handmaiden for female PCs patch out there that (so it claims; I haven't gotten far enough in the story to test it) will give the female PC a chance to recruit the handmaiden while maintaining the rest of the female storyline. The gender conditional would use the "female PC" tag (whatever it is) only for placement of the outfits into the container. If and when Kristy decides to make them available from merchants or through other means for the NPCs, that would be unaffected as the utis and textures would still be there.

Way 2 still works. I believe it's called "Pulling a Bindo!"

Way 3, okay, ya got me!

Way 4 works if you rename the textures and models as appropriate, although I strongly reiterate, I DON'T WANNA KNOW!!!!

As for Kriea in a PVC dancer's outfit, I wholeheartedly echo your "Dear God!" and thanks ve
ry much for putting THAT picture in my mind!
 Alkonium
03-20-2006, 7:41 PM
Most work, except that Way 1 would leave male PCs without the opportunity to stick this on Mira or the Handmaiden and still have the male Exile storyline.
 shinyjedi
03-20-2006, 9:42 PM
I don't think it would preclude the male exile from allowing Mira or the Handmaiden use them. Again, I would suggest that the gender conditional be applied NOT globally, but only where the contents of the container are concerned. Something like "check PC gender. If male, then contents A, if female, then contents b (the dancer's outfits)
The check would probably be made the first time the player entered the crew quarters map when the random loot set is generated.
Neither of these commands would preclude the NPCs from obtaining the outfits, which, I might add, are not yet even placed ingame at all.

Of course, the extent of my modding this far has been renaming files, editing 2da files, and installing other folks' creations, so I might be wrong about this. Still, When you first encounter Handmaiden, the game checks gender, when you first encounter Disciple, it checks gender (these gleaned from reading these forums and mod readme files) What's to prevent the game from checking gender when you're standing in front of the container in the crew quarters. It could be as simple as not allowing a male pc to open the container.
As for the NPCs, once you place the files in the override, there they are. A gender conditional (one certainly hopes) won't erase them. There could even be a completely separate part of the install that gives them to certain merchants (ala bodysuit Bastilla) or adding them to the random loot lists, or even a side quest at a Nar Shadda boutique, allowing trial fits before purchase (the whole makeover scene from every '80s teen flick ever written!)
 Alkonium
03-21-2006, 8:24 AM
Or you could just put them in one of the other quarters in the Harbinger, like the one across from the Exile's quarters.
 estarc
03-22-2006, 1:24 AM
Hey I know this might be a BIT late (hah, who am I kidding) but have any of you guys noticed problems with Brawners(or wtc) dancer model? I get strange shadows or lines or sumthing on the legs when I use his. But When I use KristyKistics. Does anyone else notice the same problem with Brawner's?

By the way, KristKistic(If you read this) Can you rerelease your mod with a model that removes the Skirt thing but doesn't edit the breasts or add that jewel? Don't bother if ity's just me who experiences the problem with Brawner's but if it's not could you consider it? Yours didn't have any problems so if you could be bothered I'd appreciate it. Excellent mod by the way. Very good work.
 NyQuil
03-22-2006, 11:37 AM
I still can't get the thing to work.

I realized through the savegame editor that I was altering the wrong line of the appearance.2da, instead of Party_NPC_Handmaiden it's something like Party_NPC_Handmaiden_Head or whatever.

However, even when I swap up the modell/texl/texlevil for that row, it still doesn't work. Can't be a .uti issue can it, if the item appears in the inventory and changes the model to the dancer when it was put on.

So, if the model is right, and the item description is right, but the texture is always the generic dancer texture from the original game, why doesn't it bring up the correct texture?

I'm baffled. I even removed the items from my inventory and re-added them. Interestingly, I switched my PC to female, and the appearance as well, just to try it out. Didn't work for my PC either.
 shinyjedi
03-22-2006, 1:37 PM
There is no appearance 2da change required for this mod. Dump the model you desire in the override directory without change, dump the tga and uti files (don't forget the uti files, they're the key!) into the override file, use the savegame editor to add them to inventory, and any time you equip a character with one of them, it should work.
Now, if you want to add the model and textures as underwear models, then you have to access the appearance.2da. But you still don't alter the 2da, you rename (or copy under a new name) the model and tga files. In this case, you don't need to worry about the uti files.
@estarc:
Have you tried parasiteX's model? It seems to wear Kristy's textures well, and doesn't have the...aggressive presence that Kristy's model has. I've never even found bwarner's model, let alone tried it, but I've found that tying textures to models with different maps seems to generate that weird stripy effect. Try adding one of the PVC dancer's outfits to a model wearing a bodysuit bastilla model for a really peculiar look. :)
 NyQuil
03-22-2006, 9:38 PM
Interestingly, I started over with a fresh appearance.2da, made sure the character's alignment was way up, and sure enough it worked.
Question though, is there a way to get the textures to work even if the character is evil? I tried switching PFBLHandMD to PFBLHandM in the texlevil column but it didn't seem to work.
 DAWUSS
04-25-2006, 7:52 PM
Nice, but now for continuity almost all of my Exile's outfits would have to have the same breast size
 SoapyNut
12-31-2006, 10:03 AM
downloaded, installed as directed, mod works except it still has the skirt thing, any solutions?
 Kristy Kistic
12-31-2006, 1:09 PM
downloaded, installed as directed, mod works except it still has the skirt thing, any solutions?

You need to copy the pfbl.mdl and pfbl.mdx files from either the model heeled folder or the model not heeled folder to the override.
Also make sure you don't have any other pfbl.mdl or pfbl.mdx files in your override.
 SoapyNut
01-01-2007, 7:48 AM
do i have to delete all of the files that came with the pfbl files that i had to delete for the pfbl files for this mod? or do i have to do something else like start my game over since i already got them with the save game editer cuz i did only use the pfbl files from the heeled model but them deleted the pfbl files that i already have for another mod but it was still the same as before...sry im a n00b at mods...
 Kristy Kistic
01-01-2007, 1:15 PM
do i have to delete all of the files that came with the pfbl files that i had to delete for the pfbl files for this mod? or do i have to do something else like start my game over since i already got them with the save game editer cuz i did only use the pfbl files from the heeled model but them deleted the pfbl files that i already have for another mod but it was still the same as before...sry im a n00b at mods...

Either you have more than one version of the pfbl.mdl in your override (models do not get saved into savegames) or your using a uti that is pointing to a model other than pfbl or you have the model stuffed in a location where the game can't find it. I really can't see any other possibilities.

BTW: Have you installed the 1.0b patch? For whatever reason, almost everyone that has reported problems with my mods did not have the upgrade patches installed.
 SoapyNut
01-07-2007, 7:36 AM
i think i found my problem. i found more pfbl files in my override folder. do i need to get rid of the ones that have numbers in the name? if i delete all of the other pfbl files, will my other mods that use them still work or that just a question for the compadibility of the (other) mods?
 Kristy Kistic
01-07-2007, 1:26 PM
i think i found my problem. i found more pfbl files in my override folder. do i need to get rid of the ones that have numbers in the name? if i delete all of the other pfbl files, will my other mods that use them still work or that just a question for the compadibility of the (other) mods?

Edit: What other mods exactly do you have installed?
 Bisben
01-10-2008, 8:01 PM
This mod keeps crashing KOTOR.

I put both pfbl.mdl and pfbl.mdx into the override directory, and all the textures and uti's. When I tried to use giveitem, the game crashes. When I try to use the save edit, it just ignors the added kk_dancer_* items. What am I doing wrong?

I am running on Vista, but I don't think that is the problem. Everything else works fine when I set the right compatablity and admin rights.
Page: 1 of 2