Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New Bastila head model and skins

Page: 1 of 1
 Lord_La_forge
01-05-2006, 3:20 PM
http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/18130.html)

New Bastila head model, HUD image and skins.

This is my first mod for the game KOTOR I.

I've altered Bastila's head a bit. I thought Bastila's model was rahter ugly. Of course it's only my opinion, however I felt I have to do some plastic surgery here. The new one fits better to my definiton of "beautiful" now.

Thanks again for those, who helped me out here in the labs!
Comments, bug report are welcome.
 ChAiNz.2da
01-05-2006, 3:28 PM
Looks great!

Glad to see you posted a thread over here in TUCE. Plus, you made it in time for Saturday's Weekly Mod Report ;)

Keep an eye out for that announcement too... (in Holowan)

and again, nice work! :thumbsup:
 LORD SPARTAN
01-05-2006, 8:29 PM
Men she looks like on the box cover of KOTOR. Even better, it's like those manga asian heroine.

Cool work, like Darth Vader once said: impressive!
 bolsen
01-05-2006, 9:30 PM
its good i guess but something seems off... especially in the picture of her smiling or w/e she's doing (pic number 7).
 MdKnightR
01-05-2006, 11:27 PM
^^^I agree with bolsen. Her forehead also looks a little large in some of those shots.
 TraviSavvy
01-07-2006, 1:41 AM
It's really good--probably more realistic looking.

But now she looks like a 12 year old girl who's always happy, despite the problems in the galaxy.

Just my opinion. I think it's extremely well made, just not how I see Bastila. Maybe I'm just too used to the old Bastila.
 RC-1162
01-12-2006, 7:38 AM
in my opinion, the new one looks like Gwyneth Paltrow, but great work, dude. its very nicely made.
 gandiva
03-16-2006, 6:22 PM
This thread is old, I know, but I'm having problems uninstalling this mod. I tried deleting the files from the override folder, but then in the game, her head is just GONE. Like, disappeared. Please help!

Nice mod, by the way. :)
 Kitty Kitty
03-16-2006, 6:32 PM
This thread is old, I know, but I'm having problems uninstalling this mod. I tried deleting the files from the override folder, but then in the game, her head is just GONE. Like, disappeared. Please help!

Out of curiosity, are you using any other mods? Such as perhaps one that allows you to play as Bastila for example?

Also, peek in your \Override folder and tell me what if any .2da files are present.

Cheers,
-Kitty
 T7nowhere
03-17-2006, 7:07 AM

Were appearance.2da and or heads.2da used in this mod, are either of those files included inthe mod.

If they were used then you should delete those 2 files also if they are not being used by another mod, if they are used for another mod then open appearance.2da in KT and highlight "row 4, Party_NPC_Bastila" scroll over to the normal head column and make sure that it reads 1. If it does and the mod also used heads.2da then open that file in KT and make sure row 1 reads P_BastilaH in column "head".
 gandiva
03-20-2006, 10:35 AM
um... T7, could you please explain that clearer? I'm confused with the run-on sentences. Sorry!

EDIT:

Okay, I checked my Override folder for KOTOR 1 and there is no .2da files in there. What do I do now?
 Crunchy in milk
03-21-2006, 7:30 PM
If her head is still 'gone' while playing a new game from the start, I'd be surprised.

The only way I can think of her head suddenly going missing from an existing game is you have at one stage played with the Bastila head on your player character (through the use of a mod) and saved the game. Have then deleted the contents of your override folder and loaded the save game.

Without the proper Bastila-head-for-player-character file(s) located in your override folder, the Bastila NPC will have no instructions as to where to get her 'alternate' head (the game is programmed to avoid duplicate heads on both Player character's and NPCs. Many of the generic NPCs use player head models not in use at the time).

Either start a new game without using Bastila's head on your Player Character, or to continue your existing game, locate the mod you originally used to play with Bastila's head (not the one in this thread which changes her appearance) and put those files (most likely an edited appearance.2da file) _back_ into your override folder.

I am unsure if the KSE allows you to change your player head but if it does, you could do this also, changing your player character back to a standard head will 'free up' Bastila's head for her own use.
 ThoraxeRMG
03-29-2006, 6:49 PM
Looks terrible, I liked the old one.
 The Source
03-30-2006, 9:15 PM
http://www.pcgamemods.com/screenshot/80298.html#focus)

Nice attempt on altering a modle. I think see now has the body of someone who is in their younger 20s, and the head of someone who is about 12. However, nice attempt. I have never tried to alter any of the in game modles.
 TheGreenGoblin
03-30-2006, 9:22 PM
http://www.pcgamemods.com/screenshot/80298.html#focus)

Nice attempt on altering a modle. I think see now has the body of someone who is in their younger 20s, and the head of someone who is about 12. However, nice attempt. I have never tried to alter any of the in game modles.

This could actually make a good Bastila head replacement for TSL when the Exile sees her in the Korriban tomb.
 The Doctor
03-30-2006, 9:53 PM
Holy. Crap.
See, this is how well I wanted to do my first mod. I had to bring it down to a mediocre launcher.
Amazing job, Mr. LaForge! Me likes!
 The Source
03-30-2006, 10:09 PM
This could actually make a good Bastila head replacement for TSL when the Exile sees her in the Korriban tomb.
Yeah. I could see that. The body needs to be slightly shorter.
 Arбtoeldar
04-05-2006, 2:58 PM
Very nicely done Lord_La_forge
 BastilaShanWeb
06-13-2006, 12:06 PM
Oh no Bastila! She looks... strange.
 Kainzorus Prime
06-13-2006, 1:13 PM
Strange or not, definately better than default one. Permanent place in my override.

Would be great if this could be incorporated with The Dark Apprentice mod in TSL. With authors permission of course.
 BastilaShanWeb
06-13-2006, 2:44 PM
No I have to disagree with you, it must of been hard work and I can appreciate that but she looks like Emma Watson and about 13 years old, and where have her lovely grey eyes gone?
 Liit Orda
06-14-2006, 4:37 AM
Not demeaning the mod but I found her new model fantastic but wasn't a fan of the new skin so I just deleted the skin file and it was absolutely swish.
 Raevan
06-14-2006, 2:01 PM
actually she had blue (azzure) eyes in original .............man she looks now like an idiot smilling all the time like her iq is under 20.... like a soap opera queen..what the hell did they do to her....man i hate those amateur programers....jesus christ..i know someone worked hard but the result just sucks... :tsk: :tsk: i do aplogize i am in bad mood i got dumped today so try to understand me and why double post cos my pc is trash heap and it froze so i didnt know did i post twice I AM SORRY
 EnderWiggin
06-14-2006, 2:48 PM
Why the double post?

Don't try to start a flame war...:tsk: You are entitled to an opinion, just don't bash the author of the mod.

The real question is, why did we bring this thread back to discuss the result when it was completed over 5 months ago?

_EW_

Edit: It's Fine, no worries!

:)
 Revan435
06-20-2006, 12:16 AM
to tell u the truth i like the orignal better just my opinion but she look like (if anybody watched chrismas with the cranks u know what i mean) got a little to much of a face left like in the movie he cant even eat because of it. would be better if u keep the blue eues to
 Koako
07-08-2006, 4:58 PM
That is SO much cuter than the original face. :) I like it.
 Mario1
07-09-2006, 3:53 AM
Ummmm.... Its OK but I prefer the old Bastila this one looks younger then mission. Maybe I'm just used to the old Bastila.
 DarthPsycho
07-17-2006, 6:30 PM
I would like to have seen this mod, but pcgamemods has been down for days now.
 EnderWiggin
07-17-2006, 6:58 PM
Download this mod from PCGameMods' database here (http://ds1.pcgamemods.com/core/18130/new_bastila.zip), if you are really interested.

_EW_
 DarthPsycho
07-18-2006, 2:28 AM
Thanks

:)
 Riku
07-18-2006, 6:44 PM
I think she looks like a little girl........lol
 bastila4u
07-28-2006, 7:54 PM
Oh no Bastila! She looks... strange.
ya i agree
 Hoplite28
08-22-2006, 3:33 AM
Few questions.

Is this mod compatible with Kotor II as well? So that if I were to put it in the Kotor II Overide, this model of Bastila will show up in the Korriban tombs, and after the Battle of Telos IV?

Is this mod compatible with some of the other Bastila retexturings, such as the original texture or the texture that turns Bastila into a blonde with green eyes?

Is there a darkside version for this mod? Bastila definitely goes over to the dark side at least once in Kotor I; it'd be kind of weird to change models then.

And finally, how much modelling was done to change the nose? Is it smaller too? (A profile, or side view shot would be kind of nice.)

Sorry if this is asking too much. I was just curious. Thanks in advance.
 hyperblast
08-23-2006, 6:44 PM
Great skin, however, she looks very... strange! Particurlarly when she's smiling.
Page: 1 of 1