Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Revan and Exile in KotOR3

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Windu
01-02-2006, 10:26 PM
Well, I've been thinking about how Revan and the Exile will work in KotOR3 and I've come up with a few ideas.

1. At character creation screen, you also create the gender/looks of Revan and the Exile. The problem here is that it would spoil the suprise of having them in-game.

2. Revan and Exile wear disguises, like Revan's robes, which mean we can't really determine gender/looks. Not as good, but not as hard as no.1 either.

3. Revan and Exile not in game. While I think this would irritate 99% of KotOR fans, it's certainly a possibility.

4. Revan and Exile dead. This would probably annoy me more than anything else, a complete cop out.

So, which would you prefer assuming Revan/Exile are involved in the storyline for KotOR3?
 Vladimir-Vlada
01-02-2006, 10:34 PM
If the first option means that they can be PCs. Then I vote for the first option.
 JediKnight707
01-02-2006, 11:58 PM
I liked them, so created at character selection thingy.
 RobQel-Droma
01-03-2006, 12:46 AM
I'd say choose their appearance, but I was more of the opinion to have it in-game. Have some vision or something, or have to choose a head at some point in the game for some reason, like identifying them. At the most, you could have Revan just be either male/female, and use either the Star Forge robes with mask or Revan's robe with mask, and just do that stuff for the Exile. I don't like the idea of them as party members, so I don't think having one of them with no known face would be that bad.

And as for three and for, I think I am probably in the 99% majority. If they don't make some kind of appearance, I will definitely not like it. And I'd rather have them alive, too. I don't want to walk up to a corpse in the Unknown Regions and have somebody go "Hey, it's Revan, deader than a doornail! Well, guess that is that."
 Darth333
01-03-2006, 12:52 AM
As long as it's not option 1 and they're not in the party, I don't care.

But I am pretty confident the devs would never chose any of these two options :D
 Samurai DD
01-03-2006, 1:13 PM
I'd say one dead and one disguised. Or one disguised and the other one only appears at the end, like, telling all the truth about everything. IE: Exile disguised is looking for Revan. Becomes your friend to search for Revan with you. At the end you encounter Revan, either for fighting him or not, then all the story is revealed, supah coo cutscene, credits roll. End of KotOR trilogy Part One. ;)
 Arбtoeldar
01-03-2006, 9:04 PM
Interactive cameos in the last 1/3 of the game.
 Soogz
01-03-2006, 9:30 PM
First choice. In the game, and create their appearance.
 Sith_Reven
01-03-2006, 10:39 PM
I would be most distressed if Revan/Exile was dead. Although I voted selecting them at the character selection screen I think it would be better if you could see them but they would still come with their original robes. You would have the option to wear Revans mask and robes as seen in Kotor 1
 Hallucination
01-04-2006, 12:37 AM
I don't really care, as long as it has a good explanation.
 RedHawke
01-04-2006, 12:52 AM
As long as it's not option 1 and they're not in the party, I don't care.

But I am pretty confident the devs would never chose these two option either :D
Quoted for emphasis! :D
 Darth InSidious
01-04-2006, 9:56 AM
Option 1. Anything else, and it just wouldn't be KotOR.
 Gray_Master
01-04-2006, 10:14 AM
I think they could be created at the start..it's only looks anyway all your picking is a head and gender.... would take all of 10 seconds
 Jeremia Skywalk
01-04-2006, 7:23 PM
I'd say one dead and one disguised. Or one disguised and the other one only appears at the end, like, telling all the truth about everything. IE: Exile disguised is looking for Revan. Becomes your friend to search for Revan with you. At the end you encounter Revan, either for fighting him or not, then all the story is revealed, supah coo cutscene, credits roll. End of KotOR trilogy Part One. ;)

now THIS is a idea which is realy good. I wonder how come *I* didn't think of it.
 Young Outlaw
01-04-2006, 7:33 PM
I think they both should be frozen in carbonite, and the only way to free them should be to search the galaxy for some K-9P
 Darth InSidious
01-04-2006, 7:41 PM
Is that like WD-40?
Perhaps they should've been frozen with some very compromising pictures of various influential Republic politicians and Jedi Masters :p
 Jae Onasi
01-05-2006, 2:55 PM
I think they should just be NPCs or show up in some signficant way. I can live with whatever the story of their appearance is as long as it's a good story.
 JediMasterDeath
01-12-2006, 9:23 AM
lol, you got my vote buddy, uber idea...Im sure they won't do it though >:| WE CAN DREAM THOUGH, CAN'T WE ^.^
 Prime
01-12-2006, 10:31 AM
I'd rather they not be in the game but referenced...
 Cygnus Q'ol
01-12-2006, 11:19 AM
There's no use for the exile in K3.

Revan's fate however should at least be explained and woven nicely to the tale of the new PC.

As far as a playable character. I'm torn, but I'd have to say NO.

Let's move on.
 JediMaster12
01-12-2006, 5:31 PM
I would like to know Revan's fate but the Exile I don't really care.
 Alkonium
01-12-2006, 5:33 PM
Well, I'd like to recreate Revan, but I'd also like the Exile dead(in my version of what happened after kotor II, he died in the Ebon Hawk during a crash), so I don't know what to vote for.
 atombom360
01-12-2006, 7:46 PM
I voted for Revan/Exile to not be in the game. Or any other characters from the previous two games Revan could very well already be a master by now how long has it been okay lets see 5 years between both Kotor games so let say 10 years by now. Besides if they do include Reven and the exile in Kotor I believe it will screw up the whole franchise. Here is why Kotor 2 was such a screw up it was a great game don’t get me wrong best game I ever played. Okay you can’t throw in two different stories in one trilogy. What George Lucas did was include different and various parts I one story not two different ones. Now this screws up the whole trilogy unless that is if they ignore the Exile and Reven completely.
 Clone L68362
01-12-2006, 9:27 PM
Well, if we aren't gonna be Revan I would like to meet him in game wearing his robes, maybe a LS variant if he's LS, but the Exile...blah who cares about her? :p
 Point Man
01-12-2006, 9:27 PM
I would like to tell the game how I want them to be, then have a major quest to find the clues as to where they went so I could join them in the epic battle against "THE TRUE SITH." This would allow for major replayability because you could come up with different combinations of Revan, Exile, and your PC.
 JediMaster12
01-13-2006, 5:31 PM
Hmm. Sounds good.

Statement: My gears are quivering with anticipation
Page: 1 of 1