Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

None Fighting Planets

Page: 1 of 1
 rhinomatt
01-01-2006, 7:23 PM
do you want to see more none (or little) fighting planets (like man'an and dantooine)
 Darth Windu
01-01-2006, 9:38 PM
What? Not sure I follow you're post. Every planet has as much fighting as any other.
 Hallucination
01-01-2006, 9:54 PM
1)I think you mean non-fighting planets
2)every planet has the same amount of violence (like DWindu said)
3)No.
 VincentFreeman
01-01-2006, 10:16 PM
Do you mean planets that weren't all about fighting. If that is the case I would agree. I love the huge battles and all the fighting, but I would definitely like extra stuff to do on the planet to add to it. Dantooine had a ton of extra stuff to do (at least in KoTOR 1) and Onderon had a cool and fun battle to take part in with tons of fighting. A combination of the two on each planet would be much cooler.
 RobQel-Droma
01-01-2006, 11:15 PM
While KotOR isn't all about fighting, that certainly is a good part of it, so no- I want some action on every planet. And on a side not, do you mean planets with absolutely no fighting, or just planets that aren't focused on fighting?
 Clone L68362
01-01-2006, 11:23 PM
Dantooine in KOTOR 1 had a ton of fighting. And they all had enough so I don't care. It's all good as long as there's a balanced amount.
 RedHawke
01-02-2006, 12:25 AM
What? Not sure I follow you're post. Every planet has as much fighting as any other.
I agree... rhinomatt we need some clairification here?
 Jae Onasi
01-02-2006, 12:53 AM
I'd be happy with a good mix of fighting/non-fighting activities. I'm OK with some planets having more or less fighting as long as it balances out relatively well. We're supposed to be going after the bad guys, after all, and so we're going to end up in a lot of battles as a result. I wouldn't mind making a stop for some juma juice now and then, though. :)
 grunty
01-02-2006, 1:32 AM
I don't particularly enjoy having battle and non-battle sections, sort of like Tatooine, let alone whole planets.
 Prime
01-02-2006, 11:16 AM
I like a mix of both on each planet.
 Darth333
01-02-2006, 11:28 AM
In k1 I really enjoyed Taris: there was a good balance between fights, side quests, mini-puzzles, etc. There was a lot of variety and the quests were not following each other but were interlaced (finding Batila, finding the Serum, finding the "apprentice", finding a way to get out of that planet, etc. were all done at the same time.)..now just imagine similar planets with a lightsaber :D
 JediMaster12
01-02-2006, 12:13 PM
I'm not sure as to the question posed but all the planets had some degree of conflict. I really don't care as long as the storyline is developed and completes Revans story
 Cygnus Q'ol
01-02-2006, 1:16 PM
In k1 I really enjoyed Taris: there was a good balance between fights, side quests, mini-puzzles, etc. There was a lot of variety and the quests were not following each other but were interlaced (finding Batila, finding the Serum, finding the "apprentice", finding a way to get out of that planet, etc. were all done at the same time.)..now just imagine similar planets with a lightsaber :D

I likey, I likey. Not everything is about fighting. However, there must be some action. What conflicts can be used as a substitute for battle?
 IndianaSolo
01-02-2006, 1:46 PM
Put me down for a mix.

I think a strictly non-fight planet would become boring, especially if certain quests had to be completed before you could leave the planet.
 rhinomatt
01-02-2006, 2:08 PM
ok, and yes i ment planets that are not just about fighting and are more about tasks and things like that.
 PoiuyWired
01-02-2006, 2:33 PM
Well, contest by card game sounds nice, if not too Yo-Gi-OhhH~~~ like.

Drinking contest? Or duel by throwing insults?
 han sala
01-02-2006, 3:25 PM
Well, contest by card game sounds nice, if not too Yo-Gi-OhhH~~~ like.

Drinking contest? Or duel by throwing insults?

Lol maybe a galactic pie eating contest
 RobQel-Droma
01-03-2006, 12:29 AM
^Let me guess, to win, you would have to make a good "Appetite Save." If you didn't, you would go into the Horror animation or whatever and the screen would go dark (you throw up). Wouldn't that just be a lovely mini-game? :lol:
 Darth333
01-03-2006, 12:50 AM
 RobQel-Droma
01-03-2006, 1:01 AM
^Sorry. *Ahem* :) As I was going to say, I do want a mix. While I didn't really like Taris, it had a nice balance, and I think that it would be nice to have a couple planets with that kind of mix between fighting and sidequests.
 marvidchano
01-03-2006, 6:31 AM
yea i loved taris, it gave me a vision of how earth would be like in the future. I liked the quests too I'd love it if they put Taris is Star Wars Galaxies, that would be my place lol
 rhinomatt
01-06-2006, 5:47 PM
^Sorry. *Ahem* :) As I was going to say, I do want a mix. While I didn't really like Taris, it had a nice balance, and I think that it would be nice to have a couple planets with that kind of mix between fighting and sidequests.

yea, Taris was awsome! i would like to see mabe two plantets like this in K3
 han sala
01-07-2006, 11:41 AM
Quick question.. The Sith didn't destroy the whole planet did they or just the buildings?
 rhinomatt
01-07-2006, 11:46 AM
Quick question.. The Sith didn't destroy the whole planet did they or just the buildings?

yea, i carnt remember the planet blowing up. maby we go to another city on Taris.
 Darth Dmitrius
01-07-2006, 12:10 PM
I've understood rhinomatt... Yes, I'd like to. It's because not every planet has war or something on it. And a neutral status (like on Maanan) is a... part of an athmosphere.
yea, i carnt remember the planet blowing up. maby we go to another city on Taris. I think the sith whouldn't destroy one city, they whould destroy all. Do you remember Malak's words? "Destroy the entire planet". That means: at best for Taris - to destroy all the cities, at worst - turn a planet into asteroid field. Just as Han Solo sad in the "New Hope" - "They whould need thousands of ships" (or something like that, I have localised version). Perhaps the sith had thousands of ships.
 rhinomatt
01-07-2006, 12:20 PM
I think the sith whouldn't destroy one city, they whould destroy all. Do you remember Malak's words? "Destroy the entire planet". That means: at best for Taris - to destroy all the cities, at worst - turn a planet into asteroid field. Just as Han Solo sad in the "New Hope" - "They whould need thousands of ships" (or something like that, I have localised version). Perhaps the sith had thousands of ships.

Yes they has hundreds of thousands of ships just at taris this is because the starforge was making thousands.
 Jae Onasi
01-07-2006, 5:07 PM
I wouldn't want to see _all_ non-fighting planets, anymore than I'd like to see _all_ fighting planets. I think doing the sidequests, learning the NPCs' stories, etc., is just as fun as getting the bad guys, and a good mix of this would be best. Now, I don't mind if some planets have more or less fighting, as long as it balances out generally.
 rhinomatt
01-07-2006, 6:54 PM
I've understood rhinomatt... Yes, I'd like to. It's because not every planet has war or something on it. And a neutral status (like on Maanan) is a... part of an athmosphere.
Exactly :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
 JediMaster12
01-09-2006, 4:57 PM
I would actually like more sidequest adventures to develop characters. It doesn't matter about fighting/nonfighting, though like veryone has said, Taris was a nice balance.
 Darth InSidious
01-09-2006, 5:02 PM
Mix. Too much fighting gets dull (Nar Shadaa, Enclave Sublevel).
Page: 1 of 1