Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How to determine what forums a moderator is assigned to?

Page: 1 of 1
 Char Ell
12-18-2005, 2:36 AM
If I don't find a moderator listed on any LucasForums forum main page like Prime, T7nowhere, Darth333, Com Raven, stingerhs, ChAiNz.2da, and Hannibal are listed as moderators in lower right corner of the Knights of the Old Republic forum main page yet the moderator is clearly listed as a moderator on the moderator's posts (bolded name, Status: Moderator) then how do I determine what forum(s) said moderator moderates?

Oh yes, and such method would need to specifically exclude PM'ing the moderator and preferably any other LF staff.

I just want to be able to determine, hopefully thru some forum lookup function that I can't seem to find, what forums any given moderator has jurisdiction over if I can't find them listed as a moderator on any forum main page.
 Darth333
12-18-2005, 2:51 AM
Apart super moderators and admins who can act anywhere, "regular" moderators have jurisdiction only in the forums where their names appears in the lower right corner of a forum page. Unfortunately, there is no list of all the moderators.

All the moderators listed in the main Kotor forums page can act anywhere within the kotor forums. It is also possible to assign a moderator to one specific forum only such as Ahto per example.

If you report a post, only the staff whose name appears at the bottom of the forum page will receive the notice.
 The Doctor
12-18-2005, 4:19 PM
Why is there no list of moderators? I wanted to add it to the Wikipedia article. Could you PM me a list, Darth333? If not, that's OK, but I would appreciate it.
 El Sitherino
12-18-2005, 10:05 PM
Why the hell do you need a list of moderators?
 Jeff
12-18-2005, 10:23 PM
Why the hell do you need a list of moderators?^

There is no official list, so you'd have to go through and check every forum individually for all of them.
 T7nowhere
12-19-2005, 8:01 PM
Why is there no list of moderators? I wanted to add it to the Wikipedia article. Could you PM me a list, Darth333? If not, that's OK, but I would appreciate it.

I don't understand why you would want to a list of LF moderators at Wikipedia. What possible benefit would that have to anyone?
 The Doctor
12-19-2005, 8:07 PM
It would provide more information about the site. If it's a stupid idea, then forget about it.
 Char Ell
12-19-2005, 10:39 PM
Unfortunately, there is no list of all the moderators.
Yes, well I'm not looking for a list per se. However when one thinks one has placed oneself on a moderator's "cut no slack" list and can't find said moderator listed on any forum main page then it would be helpful if there were another method that allowed one to discreetly find out where said moderator runs the show so one can know where extra care should be taken when posting. :D

Not like anyone really knows what I'm talking about but this just keeps getting better and better...
*** ruefully shakes head ***
Page: 1 of 1