Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Comments and criticism on Empireatwar.net.

Page: 1 of 1
 El Sitherino
12-16-2005, 5:04 PM
Over the next few weeks I will be tweaking the site in areas. The site has a retro feel to it from the Star Wars toys of old. Empire At War is set during the old trilogy, so I felt that we could recreate that feel.

As we discover more about the game, the site might change to accomodate these needs. All input is welcome and studied but like anyone, I only look like constructive comments.

DMUK

Alright, here DMUK can take your constructive criticism about the main site. Please keep all comments helpful, no "omgsitesux" or anything of the like.
 Jeff
12-17-2005, 9:53 AM
The news posters' names need to be a different color. I can barely read the olive color against the blue background.
 Snafu7
12-18-2005, 1:07 PM
Just noticed this, the Official Trailer #1 does not work, when ever you click on it, it goes to a "Not Found on This Server" message.
 Jmaster3265
12-18-2005, 1:27 PM
I don't really like the main page colors, to the left the buttons are a boring black and white, and the banner imp and reb symbols are once again a boring black and white color. I personally, liked the original 1st or 2nd look it had. I also don't like how the buttons keep changing styles. Ex: the demo, wallpaper doesn't go or feel with the site i think. Also when you click on the demo the banner looks horrible, its all smeared and scrunched together, not does it go with the site.

p.s why does the snow effect only happen at the galatic map?
 shadowsfm
12-18-2005, 2:29 PM
that Shield Generator pic here
http://www.empireatwar.net/rebels/structures/index.htm)
i thought in this game its a power generator that powers all buildings while the Shield Generator is a rotating satalite dish
 Darth_Extas
12-18-2005, 3:33 PM
Same here and in the 47 minute trailer they say it is a power generator because it is always outside of the base. I do believe the sheild generator is the rotating satilite dish that shadow is talking about.
 FleetAdmiral AK
12-18-2005, 3:34 PM
I wonder if you can create more than 1 power generator as it seems that the game did what happens in the movies which is that the generator is outside the shield. So if you have 2 they can cover each other.
 shadowsfm
12-18-2005, 3:35 PM
i guess he thought hed be sneeky and think we wont notice
 popcorn2008
12-18-2005, 3:49 PM
Good eye shadowsfm, Im merging this with the constructive critism thread.
 shadowsfm
12-18-2005, 4:03 PM
thanks
 Jan Gaarni
12-18-2005, 5:13 PM
The generator was not outside the shield in the movies. It was well inside it actually.
But that's for a whole nother discussion. :)

I kinda agree with J on the rebel and imperial insignia in the big banner at the top.
Perhaps sue the coloured ones instead?

Other than that I think maybe find another color for the section buttons below the title at the top.
 DarthMaulUK
12-18-2005, 6:25 PM
I don't really like the main page colors, to the left the buttons are a boring black and white, and the banner imp and reb symbols are once again a boring black and white color. I personally, liked the original 1st or 2nd look it had. I also don't like how the buttons keep changing styles. Ex: the demo, wallpaper doesn't go or feel with the site i think. Also when you click on the demo the banner looks horrible, its all smeared and scrunched together, not does it go with the site.

p.s why does the snow effect only happen at the galatic map?

The new logos/buttons are taken straight from the original Star wars figure box design. I've just added a shadow so they aren't totally flat. The whole site is intended to have a retro feel. The original buttons I didnt like and found some time to make the ones I wanted.

The demo, thats an error. Fix that tomorrow, also, the snow on the galactic map page was a test and I didnt realise I actually saved it! lol ooer.

The colours I have selected, mostly, are red for Empire and Blue for Rebels, like the new Star Wars Trilogy toy boxes that are on sale now. Apart from the demo image, there won't be any more changes to the design.

PS: as for the Shield, in the original videos is was indeed the shield generator, with the Sat Dish actually throwing the shield out onto the battle field 'like in Star Wars traditon, the shield generator is outside the actual shield'..... I do believe that they have changed this so the shield generator sits inside the shield

DMUK
Page: 1 of 1