Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Kotor 1 AQTi-Radeon Problem (Kotor 1)

Page: 1 of 1
 Ztalker
12-15-2005, 8:39 AM
While sorting out my games, i came acroos Kotor 1. Since Fable came in my path, i kind of forgot about it. The last time i played it, i had an Geforce FX 5700 LE.
I now have one of the newer ATI's, the X700 Pro Advantage. So i installed Kotor, planning on putting the graphics to a max. It worked out on Taris, with spectaculair graphics. But as soon as i walked out of the Jedi Enclave, 'it' happened.

THe game was lagging like hell. SO i lowered the graphics, thinking it was my own fault by over-estimating my comp. But after setting everything on 'lowest' i was still lagging like heel :s My mate measured it, and i had a iRefresh Rate of 0.08...(it means every second, 0.08 images are showed, while it's normally 30-60)...

So i'm relatively screwed. I can;t play Kotor. the image just freezes, that's how slow it looks.
btw: I have installed the newest Catalyst Driver, that would increase performance.

I don't know what to do...help!
 Darth333
12-15-2005, 9:06 AM
Read this sticky thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=144109)

Section 2 should fix your problem.
 Ztalker
12-16-2005, 5:48 AM

You just saved my day :)
Page: 1 of 1