Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Starcraft Mod...

Page: 1 of 1
 Vader89
12-14-2005, 6:38 PM
How sweet would that be? Since they havent even begun to make SC2 yet :( but then again Blizzard does have a way with shutting down mods :( Oh well i like the idea. I have done some concept art, but i havent done much 3d stuff therefore i would need a good guy for that stuff :P Lol well just my idea... Share your thoughts!
 Snafu7
12-14-2005, 6:46 PM
It would be a good idea, but it would be shut down real fast by blizzard.
 Darth_Extas
12-14-2005, 7:12 PM
Yes actually I would be a good Idea but :wstupid: :skull2:
 Foshjedi2004
12-15-2005, 6:27 AM
There was talk of this at the NMA. They have tried to hide it........
 JediBdm
12-15-2005, 7:34 AM
There was talk of this at the NMA. They have tried to hide it........

That really isnt gonna work. How is a mod supposed to get fans if they hide it? and once it becomes publically available it will be much easier for blizzard to smash.
 Darth_Extas
12-15-2005, 11:08 AM
Very True :wstupid:
I do see the problem of the mod becoming public.
There might be a way that it could be distributed to everyone here on this forum.
 lukeiamyourdad
12-15-2005, 4:06 PM
I don't know if it would truly be illegal though.
Any mod is technically illegal.

Perhaps as long as the name StarCraft doesn't come up anywhere, it might work.

I'm no lawyer though, but I doubt that it would be impossible.
 Snafu7
12-15-2005, 4:55 PM
Yeah, Blizzard is real picky when it comes to mods. I know they've shut down quite a few mods in the past. And I remember reading their license agreement a while ago that there was something about reproductions of the game will be followed by lawsuits. I can't remember though, I'd have to check it out again, and I don't really think I want to take the time to do it.
 Foshjedi2004
12-15-2005, 5:12 PM
Blizzard will allow Mods of their games they will not allow Conversions for other games creating a Starcraft theme.
Page: 1 of 1