Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Best EAW army

Page: 1 of 1
 Byrnsie
12-13-2005, 5:50 PM
Who is ur favorite army and what is your stratigy to use them? Mine is the Empire and I'll just stock up on resources until I find a rebel fleet then I'll unleash my unstoppable power.
 Darth Moeller
12-13-2005, 5:55 PM
I like the rebels because they rely more on strategy, careful planning, and stealth. From what I know it sounds like they are generally going to be outnumbered so I like the challenge.
 Darth_Extas
12-13-2005, 5:56 PM
Mine would be a massive fleet of both Star Destroyers, maybe two capital ship destroying Death Stars, as well a large possibility with a massive fleet of fighters/bombers/scouts. How I would use them, destroy everything in my path as well gaurd my fleet from all sides.
 Darth Moeller
12-13-2005, 5:59 PM
Uhh... You can't have two death stars.
 Byrnsie
12-13-2005, 6:02 PM
Mine would be a massive fleet of both Star Destroyers, maybe two capital ship destroying Death Stars, as well a large possibility with a massive fleet of fighters/bombers/scouts. How I would use them, destroy everything in my path as well gaurd my fleet from all sides. Yeah and there are no cap shooting death stars. Why not just use the ssd. Implying that there is a super star destroyer.
 lukeiamyourdad
12-13-2005, 6:13 PM
Why not just use the ssd. Implying that there is a super star destroyer.

And the SSD isn't in the game ;)
 Byrnsie
12-13-2005, 6:26 PM
And the SSD isn't in the game ;)
Hopefully it is. It would be awesome to have a huge unstoppable star destroyer. It would be fair because the Rebels have Home1.
 popcorn2008
12-13-2005, 6:33 PM
Hopefully it is. It would be awesome to have a huge unstoppable star destroyer. It would be fair because the Rebels have Home1.
It has been confirmed that the SSD isnt in the game by the Devs themeselves.
 Byrnsie
12-13-2005, 6:39 PM
Well Still wish it was. It is a little too strong though.
 Snafu7
12-13-2005, 7:48 PM
I'm definately gonna use the Empire(at least first), rack up some sders, and such.
 popcorn2008
12-13-2005, 8:58 PM
Well Still wish it was. It is a little too strong though.
Thats what expansion are for my buddy! Woot anouther excuse to give LA my 50 dolla's. Wait.. I sense a scheme here. :smash:
 Byrnsie
12-13-2005, 9:21 PM
The expansion pack will propably have the clones and the droids or something.
 KerryS86
12-13-2005, 9:52 PM
I think the expansion will probally go up to ROTJ. And Eaw 2 will be republic at war
 Darth Moeller
12-13-2005, 9:53 PM
Alright, let's get back on topic...
 Darth_Extas
12-14-2005, 7:46 PM
"Ehh...you can't have two death stars" -Darth Moeller

Sorry but I did forget to read the Death Star limit thread, just looked at it. Just add a couple more ISD as well as more frigate/fighter squadrons same plan as before though.
 popcorn2008
12-14-2005, 9:47 PM
Were done talking about any expansion here, sorry I started it but im ending it. Darth Moeller already said we need to go back on topic. Consider this a warning...

Any recent posts related to the demo have been deleted, now let's get back on topic.
 Darth Moeller
12-14-2005, 10:17 PM
Sorry but I did forget to read the Death Star limit thread, just looked at it. Just add a couple more ISD as well as more frigate/fighter squadrons same plan as before though.
I thought it was common sense that 2 death stars wouldn't be allowed...

Also I forgot to add, Death Stars can't target capitol ships because the laser takes too long to warm up I believe.
 Darth_Extas
12-14-2005, 10:41 PM
That I knew from the beginning that the Death Star would not have the ROTJ upgrade. But there is always hope isn't there. Likely once again, I did say about the additional fighter/frigate squadrons didn't I before... Either way I want to plow through everything in site.
 THrawn((9
12-15-2005, 3:30 PM
nah rebels through and through wouldn't have it any other way and it wouldn't be fair that the SSD is in the game because the Home One couldn't ever take on an SSD all it is the Flagship of the Rebel Fleet yeah it maybe bigger and more powerful than the SD's but thats because every Mon Calamari Ship is unique and no guns are in the same place which gives a tactical advantage in the real world because they couldnt ever predict any of there locations.
 Darth_Extas
12-17-2005, 11:29 AM
Arise old thread

Wouldn't it be true that if the Empire were to take Mon Calamari The Rebels would loose the ability to build Home One & Mon Cal Cruisers
 Athanasios
12-17-2005, 1:01 PM
Definitely rebs for me. I just like to play as the good guy ;)

Besides, there are infiltrators for rebs and also, as moeller said, it would be more challenging to play as rebs. I don't like the idea of having an unstopable power in my hands and rush through the galaxy; i like more the idea of being the one who will stop this "unstopable" power ;)
 THrawn((9
12-18-2005, 9:33 AM
no its not true taking out Mon Calamari would solve the Cruisers coming because they were already built as Space liners when the opression started they converted them so they could just take them else where to another and have the Retrofitted, if it was that simple wouldnt the empire have done it before the Cruiser were widely distributed?
 Lord_Nexus
12-18-2005, 10:30 AM
Well in the movies yes what you say is true thrawn but in Empire at War im sure that LA will make it that if you own Mon Calamari you get the cruisers and if you dont then you cant build them.
 Emperor Devon
12-19-2005, 2:39 AM
The Empire, of course. Their units look cooler, are more effective, they have more of them, they're headed by a Sith Lord...
 Admiral Sith
12-19-2005, 7:02 AM
Whoever said the Home One could take on a ISD is a lier, the Home one had about the weapon strength of a corvette. Its only advantage was its big size. but enough of that

The Empire is just plain better, better trained troops, more troops, fanatical about their cause, follow orders without question, 25,000 of the almighty ISD which can destroy any of the Rebels ship in one on one combat.
 THrawn((9
12-19-2005, 7:19 AM
yeah but the Rebels morale was better and didnt depend on the Sith Lord influence and it doesnt go round kill themselves for one mistake.
 Mag Trinix
12-19-2005, 9:55 AM
Id have to be the empire i just like the all around looks of the Imps than the Rebs
Id just build 2 medium sized fleets and try to seige 2 planets at ounce may be a little more challenging that way and id just anmbush (If you can) and flank them like crazy all the while air strikes and arty bomb them like crazy in the center
 Adama
12-19-2005, 1:37 PM
I would have to be the Rebels. A few medium battlegroups with a Mon Cal cruiser and perhaps an Mk 2 Assault Frigate in each one. And lots and lots of starfighters. :x-wing:
 Byrnsie
01-03-2006, 4:17 PM
empire will crush the rebels. they have so many troops they also have those at ats. That could destroy an entire rebel base according to the movie.
 lukeiamyourdad
01-03-2006, 5:51 PM
empire will crush the rebels. they have so many troops they also have those at ats. That could destroy an entire rebel base according to the movie.

According to game balance, they can't ;)
 Hendy
01-05-2006, 2:14 PM
Whoever said the Home One could take on a ISD is a lier, the Home one had about the weapon strength of a corvette. Its only advantage was its big size. but enough of that

The Empire is just plain better, better trained troops, more troops, fanatical about their cause, follow orders without question, 25,000 of the almighty ISD which can destroy any of the Rebels ship in one on one combat.

Home One could easily taken on an ISD in one on one combat. How can you call 29 turbolasers, 36 ion batteries being equal to the weapon strength of a corvette!
 BattleDamage
01-05-2006, 5:26 PM
I'll play as rebels first time round, hit and run/guerilla tactics is my favorite style of strategy.
 PrivateMiles
01-29-2006, 7:32 PM
Mine is the Empire, because they over power the rebels in big quantities. They also have good fleets with the dreaded Death Star.
 Grimscythe
02-09-2006, 6:57 AM
I'm thinking that in the beginning I'll be playing as the rebels.

I love the fact that they have a raid ability, as that makes taking over a planet all the easier.

Besides, MonCal's Pwn =)
 Orao
02-09-2006, 7:21 AM
yeah but the Rebels morale was better and didnt depend on the Sith Lord influence and it doesnt go round kill themselves for one mistake.

What are you talking about ? In RL rebels would never have won the war. Comme on plz. In the ROJ you have the DS 2 crushing down MCC after MCC and more than half of the Imperial fleet including the SSD waiting for rebels on the other side and they loose.
No way, it's Lucas's whish to make empire loose not some rebel skill.

When we gona see the movie where "bad" guys win ?
Page: 1 of 1