Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Kotor 3

Page: 3 of 4
 Xbx_Inthusiast
02-17-2006, 8:03 PM
He moved an arm towards the speeder bike, lifting it into the air and setting it ontop of a building gently with the Force. He glanced at her. "Are you planning to live like this always? You know, at any moment, this whole planet can come collapsing around our ears. Do you want to be there without me when that happens? Dying alone? Making me suffer for your stubborn hide?" He sighed. "Didn't think so.."
 CountVerilucus
02-17-2006, 11:54 PM
Argus and I arrived at the ship, and we shoved the boy into the cargo hold.

"Alright Argus, I see that you still have matters to be attended to here on Alderaan. So I'll leave you too it, and I will take care of my own business. My comm link is on, so just call me when you are ready to leave, or if you manage to find yourself in a tight spot." I said with a smile.
 JediMaster12
02-18-2006, 3:19 PM
"Of course. Bob2 will go with you. He has an extra bottle for you just try not to get into trouble," and Argus went to search for Merios.

"I'd rather be my own person away from you Father," Zoe spat back, "at least I can be what I want and not what you want. You never knew me."
 Xbx_Inthusiast
02-18-2006, 5:33 PM
"I know you good enough," he said. "This path will lead you down to the Dark side Zoe. Then, you will become a Sith. I don't want that happening, but I see that in your near future.." He said, slightly worried. "Please, listen to me.. come with me, we can get out of here. This planet isn't very safe..."
 JediMaster12
02-18-2006, 7:38 PM
"I'll survive. I've lasted this long without your help and I'm not going to the darkside," Zoe was near tears but kept her face, "Just leave me alone!" and stormed to her bike.

Argus lifted his head as he was walking along the streets. He felt a sudden sadness and anger. He picked up the pace by commandeering a speeder. He gently sent a mental message, Merios, calm down, then to Zoe,Zoe, don't leave. I know you are hurting. Please
 Xbx_Inthusiast
02-18-2006, 10:33 PM
He sighed a little and lowered the speeder bike with the Force. "Do as you wish, but know this." He said, staying where he was. "If you leave right now, you're leaving me. Forever," he said, not showing any sign of emotion, as he was trained.
 JediMaster12
02-18-2006, 10:54 PM
Zoe had felt Argus' voice and saw her father's emotionless state. She began to cry, "Why do have to be such a damn Jedi?!" She fell on her knees and cried into her arms, her long braid falling to the right of her head.
 Xbx_Inthusiast
02-19-2006, 1:15 AM
"Because, frankly, it's easier to live with." He walked to her and kneeled down infront of her. He put a hand on her shoulder. "Your my daughter, and I love you, I always will," he said, his emotionless state faded into desperation. "Come on Zoe, i'm trying my hardest being a father *and* a Jedi. Which the two don't mix already.." He looked at her. "I'm not pressuring you, I just want you to come with me, travel with me. Learn with me. You would be a great asset, and we need all the help we can get. We've already had one betrayal.." He said, putting a hand under her chin and lifting it up gently. "Please..."
 CountVerilucus
02-19-2006, 2:44 AM
"Oh yes Argus, no trouble at all. There's just some business I need to attend to." I said with a grin. Argus sighed, he knew that I always brewed trouble wherever I weant, and the business that I was about to take part in was quite unnecessary. He didn't protest though, figuring we could use the money.

I soon found myself in another cantina, shuffling my pazaak deck, about to play an intense match with a high roller. A lot of credits were on the line, but due to my previous battles and my inebration I felt invincible. On the up side though, I still had the bottle booze Argus gave me, so there was no need to order drinks.

The game of pazaak commenced, and I found myself in perilous position. At first I was winning, but he cought up, and it was down to the final round yet again.
 JediMaster12
02-20-2006, 2:44 PM
Zoe was still shedding tears when she answered, "I...I don't know if I want to be a Jedi but I can fix things and can handle a blaster. I'll come."
Argus had found Merios after leaving Tradek to his own business. He had been watching the confrontation between father and daughter and knew the rift between them. He tried to convince Zoe to go with Merios and he watched while she gave her response.
 CountVerilucus
02-21-2006, 5:18 PM
Like usual I used a skifter to win the match. As I was gathered the money, the Alderaanian noble drew his blaster and aimed it at me.

"You cheated!" he shouted, as he fired a shot to my lower abdomen. Quickly, I grabbed the bottle of Onderon wilik juice and smashed it on the mans head, knocking him out cold. Soon after I regretted what I had done, I didn't regret cheating the man which resulted in me getting shot. I regretted smashing the bottle on his head, it was still half full, and that was some damn good booze.

I then realized to my surprise that the blaster shot hit right below where my armor ended, and there was a significant bleeding. I was still able to move, and the wound would not fatal, unless I don't get it treated soon. Better get out of here before the authorities find out. With haste, I grabbed the credits on the table and limped out of the private pazaak room then out the cantina while clutching my side.

"Argus, where are you? I got into a little tussle with a man at the cantina, it's no big deal though really." I said into the comm link. I've suffered worse injuries, this one shouldn't be a problem.
 Xbx_Inthusiast
02-21-2006, 6:25 PM
Merios nodded and put an arm around her."Whatever, honey. As long as you're off his forsaken planet." He felt an echo in the Force. Strange. Only a Force sensitive who was injured could make such an echo. "Tradek's hurt." He said, handing Zoe to Argus. He Force sprinted to the Cantina and skidded near Tradek, lifting him up slightly. "You alright?" Tradek nodded and grinned, "Had worse bud." Merios smirked and put a hand over his wound, he concentrated as white particles appeared around his wound and Tradek's body was outlined in white, long streaks of silver spun around him as the wound sealed, as well as any other fatigue and wounds on his body. "Better?" He said, raising an eyebrow. That healing would have made Tradek feel totally refreshed.
 CountVerilucus
02-21-2006, 9:15 PM
"You Jedi are always good for something. Thanks, I did not expect him to draw his blaster on me. Wasted a damn good bottle of booze too. But hey, I've managed to score us a good amount of credits, huh?" I said jokingly. Thankfully I had some Jedi friends to pull me out of a tight spot.

"I'm going to wait back at Argus's ship to lay low, the guy I knocked will probably be looking for me with more of his buddies. Don't worry, I don't think I'll be causing anymore trouble. My comm link will be open if you need me" Merios nodded, and I handed him a couple 100 credit chips from the sack that I just "won" back at the cantina. Least I could do for him saving my skin. I walked back to the ship and sat down in the pilot seat, waiting for when the rest of the crew would be ready to leave. The other bottle of booze Argus gave me sat on the floor, and I opened it up and began taking casual sips. "Smooth move back there Tradek, hope you learned your lesson." I said to myself outloud.
 JediMaster12
02-22-2006, 11:32 AM
Bob2 just beeped as it had accompanied Tradek from the cantina to the ship. Meanwhile Argus was actually taking his time in getting back to the ship with Zoe and asking about her. Zoe was speaking, "Dad trained me with basic training and I almost wanted to quit after he left but I kept it up. I devoted most of my time to fixing and building things."
Argus cocked a brow and said, "Maybe slicing into a few things?"
Zoe smiled, "That too. I guess I wanted to hate Dad but I couldn't well..."
"He's our father and you love him. Sometimes a way to show love is by being firm and criticizing. Merios may not always show it but he has a good soul, he just tends to be overemotional. Maybe this journey will patch things a bit?" and Argus pulled out his comlink and contacted Tradek, "I hope you learned your lesson my friend. We're heading back to the ship and making a course to Yavin IV. Prep the engines." He then used the Force to contact Merios We are leaving soon. Zoe and I are heading for the ship and we're taking off. Be ready.
 CountVerilucus
02-22-2006, 9:06 PM
I did as Argus said, fired up the engines. The ship was ready for immediate launch, I just needed to wait for the rest of the crew to get here.
 Xbx_Inthusiast
02-22-2006, 11:45 PM
Little did they know, he was in for a world of pain. Keep the engines warmed up, i'm heading back now. He headed back towards the ship, but was instantly thrown aside by an invisible Force. Within seconds he realized who was there. He stood up, withdrawing his green double-bladed lightsaber and igniting it, twirling it over his head then resting it in a position under his right armpit.

Several Dark Jedi accompanied Darth Mure, a Miraluka Sith Lord. "Well well well, Merios.. it's nice to see you again.." He said, stepping towards Merios. With his Force sight, he could easily see the Force power streaming off of Merios. "What do you want with me?!" He said, tightening the grip on his Lightsaber's hilt.

"I want you to come with us," he said, gesturing as about ten Sith soldiers uncloaked, aiming their blaster rifles at him. He twirled his Lightsaber over his head and smirked, twirling it into an attack stance, 'Shii Cho', as they called it.

He jumped in the air as a volley of blaster shots flew towards him. He expertly deflected the shots away, occasionally hitting a soldier, wounding three. He landed and was immediately caught off guard as Darth Mure came at him with his saber. Merios managed to block the strikes until he struck vertically, slicing his double lightsaber in two. It didn't seem to affect the blades, as they were both resting underneath his forearms as the hilt was now separated into two single-bladed green Lightsabers. He blocked several strikes from the Sith before stopping his blade with Merios' right blade. He dropped that hilt and spun around the sith lord, grabbing the hilt again as the blades were still touching. He pulled back as he put his other hilt underneath the Sith Lord's chin, making a makeshift 'cross' as he pulled backwards towards the back of the Sith Lord (he was behind him now). He yanked hard before breaking the Sith Lord's balance and pulling him backwards. Merios let go once the two lightsabers had cut his face into four slices, as the pieces fell to the ground with a sickening plop.

He kicked the Sith Lord's lightsaber towards one of the Soldiers, as it was still ignited, and guided it with the Force. He pulled back with his mind as it de-ignited and slid into his cloak. He twirled his last two lightsabers and turned them off, dodging a hail of blaster shots as he Force sprinted towards the ship, several burnt holes, a bloody lip, and a large gash down his left leg (from falling the first time into a metal shard) were the marks of battle. He dove in and spun around a corner, into the ship. "CLOSE THE LOADING RAMP!" he shouted, stepping out into the open and withdrawing a lightsaber, deflecting blaster shots that would normally come inside and ricochet.
 JediMaster12
02-23-2006, 1:32 AM
Argus immediately fired up the turrets and began firing as he guided the ship out of the port. "Bob2 reverse thrusters by .2," and he made ready to jump into hyperspace.

Zoe saw her dad and said, "Dad, you're hurt! Come on, we're going to the medbay."

"Hold on we're going to make the jump into hyperspace," came Argus' voice from the cockpit.
 Xbx_Inthusiast
02-23-2006, 5:56 PM
Merios shook his head and held onto a small latch as the loading ramp closed as the ship took off into hyperspace. Merios sighed a little and sheathed his sabers. "No need.. these are merely flesh wounds.." He said, walking to his quarters. "Tell them if they need me, i'll be in my quarters," he said to Zoe, limping to his room then settling in a meditation sit.
 JediMaster12
02-24-2006, 1:50 PM
Zoe caught up with her father and sounding much like her mother she said, "No you are not. We are going to the medbay right now." She had said it with the Force behind her words and it looked like it made an impression on her father.
 Xbx_Inthusiast
02-24-2006, 4:27 PM
He sighed a little. "I can heal them myself.. better than any bandage can.." He said, concentrating a little.
 JediMaster12
02-25-2006, 12:09 AM
"Yeah you can but not every Jedi is good at checking for infection," and with a strong grip, Zoe pulled Merios to the medbay and proceeded to run the scan.
"Besides, you're not the only one who can be stubborn. Argus can be too, he just doesn't show it."

Argus didn't have to watch the security cameras to know what was going on. he just smiled and sent a message through the Force, She's right Merios and it would do you some good to let others help you. It was one of those flaws of yours, your hubris, your pride
 Xbx_Inthusiast
02-25-2006, 9:58 PM
Sure... Argus.. He let himself be dragged to the Medical bay by Zoe. "Alright.. " He glanced at the scan, then to Zoe. "Know what you're doing?" He asked, raising his right eyebrow.
 JediMaster12
02-26-2006, 9:07 PM
"Always have. My father taught me as well as my mother," and Zoe went to work patching up her father. Argus was smiling in the cockpit, amused at the relationship between father and daughter. He sighed briefly before announcing, "We will be touching down at the Dantooine academy at 1700 hours. Tradek, make sure our prisoner is comfortable, the Jedi way not yours."
 Xbx_Inthusiast
02-26-2006, 10:13 PM
Merios smiled and nodded once she finished. "Alright, I'll be heading to my quarters. If you need some company, i'll be there if you need to talk," He said, standing up and heading toward his room. Tell me when we reach our destination.
 CountVerilucus
02-26-2006, 10:36 PM
(alright so ive been gone for a while. Got some teeth pulled out and a vacation.)

I sighed at Argus and headed down to where the prisoner was kept. He was on a floor sleeping. To wake him up, I gave him a slight kick to the stomach and poured a little bit of a rancid beverage on his face.

"Brought you a bottle of this Gamorrean booze to drink. Forgot to throw it away. Then here's some dried Kinarath meat. Enjoy!" I barked at him, while slamming the "refreshments" down on the floor next to him. The prisoner groaned at me, and I replied with a devious grin. Before he could curse at me, I was out of the room and sealed the door on my way out.
 JediMaster12
02-26-2006, 11:23 PM
Tradek, I said the Jedi way, not yours *sighs*. Well just relax until Dantooine. Bob2 has a 'special' bottle for you. He's bringing it now. Just relax

Argus set the ship on autopilot through the hyperspace route and went to Merios' quarters with Zoe. He sat cross legged next to Merios and motioned to Zoe to sit in front of him. She complied out of respect for this strange Jedi who somehow knew how to stave of disaster at the last moment. After she had assumed her position Argus said gently, "Let us meditate and find one another through the Force," and he closed his eyes.
 Xbx_Inthusiast
02-27-2006, 4:08 PM
Merios opened one eye slightly and closed it quickly, nodding to himself and meditating several inches off of the ground, as he usually does. Not meaning to, of course, he just doesn't know his own strength.
 JediMaster12
02-27-2006, 4:30 PM
Zoe complied and reached out. She brushed thoughts with Argus who said that she was finding her way down a path that she thought she lost. She continued and felt the familiar presence of her father. Matching her thoughts to his, she began to levitate herself. Argus was being the silent observer.
 Xbx_Inthusiast
02-27-2006, 7:13 PM
Merios stopped for a moment, sitting on the ground. He opened his eyes to see his daughter levitating. "I knew it.." He said to himself, closing his eyes yet again.
 CountVerilucus
02-27-2006, 10:37 PM
The trip was beginning to bore me, and I found myself walking around the ship finding something to do. "Wonder what everybody else is doing." I said to myself. Soon I found Argus, Merios and his daughter (who didn't look that bad)...meditating in one of the ship compartments. A quick peak and I left them to it. Jedi always get cranky when you interrupt them during meditation with nothing of importance. "Jedi rubbish" I thought.

Just for the sake of having something to do, I decided it was just best to tune up my blasters and sharpen the wrist blade that would extend out of my right arm bracer. Bob2 soon brought me another bottle of Argus's booze and it brought a grin to my face. "Who needs meditation when you've got medication!" I said as a popped the cap off the bottle.
 JediMaster12
02-28-2006, 1:05 AM
Sleep well my friend. We will touch done in four hours and I need you in a semi best look. Enjoy Argus sent through his thoughts. He then turned his attention to Zoe and observed her. He knew that she had potential but he didn't want to rush her and he hoped that Merios would follow his lead.
 Xbx_Inthusiast
03-01-2006, 9:37 PM
Merios smiled without saying a word. He knew what he was talking about. When we touch down, I want to show Zoe what she's missing, and show her what her father is capable of..
 JediMaster12
03-02-2006, 2:37 AM
Patience my friend. The time will come soon enough. Just let her find her way Argus sent before straightening up and saying gently, "We're coming upon Dantooine. I'm going to make ready," and he left towards the cockpit.
Zoe opened her eyes and lowered herself to the floor. She waited until Argus left to tell her father, "I like Argus. It's like he can see the galaxy in a way that I never knew before."
 Xbx_Inthusiast
03-02-2006, 9:48 AM
Merios opened his right eye. "He's just a battered old coot, but he's alright. I guess." He stood up, offering a hand to his daughter. "I wouldn't get too involved, he could be more than you can handle. Plus, I don't think he into the sassy and tomboy type," he smirked.
 JediMaster12
03-02-2006, 11:16 AM
((He's not that old! He's in his late 20's. He's not as old as Jolee Bindo, now that's old!))

Zoe stood up without the offered hand saying, "I didn't mean it like that. It's just I think he could help me with this Force stuff." She didn't mean to hurt her father's feelings by saying what she thought but her father's emotions were hard to read anyway so she didn't say anything further. Bob2 came whistling in beeping that they were coming out of hyperspace.

Argus was adjusting the course and prepared to cut the sublight engines. Dantooine came into view and brought memories of training and meditation with his old master Regus. He sighed a bit and guided the ship onto Dantooine towards the rebuilt enclave. With extreme efficiency, he put the ship down within the landing platform area. He called back to the crew, "We've arrived."
Then going to where Tradek was fast asleep from the 'sobering booze' he lightly placed a hand on Tradek's forehead and used his mind, Awaken
 Xbx_Inthusiast
03-02-2006, 4:22 PM
((Meant that being a Grey Jedi takes alot out of you, have to not be either side, to fight both sides. So much power to go around, and Merios is just light, so it's not too complicated.))

He nodded to Zoe. "I wouldn't accept training from him. He knows neither side, he sees more Grey than Black, or White." He said, meditating again.
 JediMaster12
03-02-2006, 4:45 PM
Zoe being a little impertinent and observant asked, "Why? Do you dislike him for some reason or are you just upset that he is balanced?"
Seeing that she was going to get no answer, she left to check on the ship and open the hatch.
 Xbx_Inthusiast
03-02-2006, 10:01 PM
He stayed where he was, not opening his mouth. He sensed something was on this planet, but he didn't speak of it. He wanted the Grey Jedi to fight a battle instead of behind the lines barking sarcastic insults. His Jedi instincts allowed him to sense the Dark Side more prevalent than any neutral Jedi.
 CountVerilucus
03-02-2006, 10:01 PM
I awoke to see a blurr of Argus's back leaving the room and an empty bottle at my feet. Guess we are here at last. I gathered my things and strapped on some armor. Although there were some Jedi here, and it would probably be safe. I found the others in the common room getting ready.

"Hello, I'm assuming there is some Jedi business you are attending. I need to do something as well. Need to put these credits to use, and it won't be for pazaak. Trust me on this one. Just need to see an old friend, Adum Larp." They looked at me wondering what I was going to do. Better just tell them..

"He's an arms dealer, and I just won a bunch of credits on Alderaan. Don't worry, I'll be gone two hours tops."

(So has the Jedi Enclave on Dantooine been rebuilt and put back into use? And by the way, Adum Larp is an actual arms dealer from the game on Dantooine. But you probably already knew that.)
 JediMaster12
03-03-2006, 11:54 AM
((The ruins are still there but the Jedi have hidden there in rebuilt portions. I think.))

Argus looked at Tradek and asked quietly, "Could you wait just a moment? We need to bring Jacen to the council and you have better luck at handling him." Seeing that Tradek was determined to go to Adum Larp, he then said, "Never mind. Go but I must see the council. We shall leave him in the hold and the Jedi Watchmen will come for him. They are already here."
Argus then led the way off the ship quite aware of what Merios thoughts of him. He believed in doing things for the good of the galaxy. Sometimes things must happen for that to happen. He didn't notice Zoe until she stepped beside him and mentioned that while they were meditating, she felt like she did when her father first taught her the Force. Argus raised an eyebrow slightly but said, "Yes I know. It's a part of you and always has been. The choice was yours to continue using it or living your life on Alderaan. Life is filled with choices and it's a constant battleground to decide was is good and what is evil."
Zoe thought about it for a moment before replying, "That is true. I never thought of it like that."
Argus allowed himself a small smile, "You better stay with Merios. Otherwise he might want to chop off my head considering his temper."
Zoe replied, "You're right," and slowed her pace to match her father's. She didn't say anything as they made their way to the ruins of the enclave.
 Xbx_Inthusiast
03-03-2006, 12:05 PM
He slowed his walking. "All is not as it seems.. Be on your guard Argus.." He said, glancing at Zoe. "It was your choice to come. Even if you didn't know it, you helped saved the Galaxy."
 CountVerilucus
03-03-2006, 7:03 PM
"I'm sure the Jedi Watchmen can handle themselves. If not I could attach this remote detonated grenade on him, just to be sure." Argus shook his head. It wouldn't be neccessary. I walked off the ship and headed to where Adum Larp was. The Rodian was standing next to his speeder, out in the middle of Dantooine plains. Probably trying to find some peace. Maybe it was best that I could use some peace as well, in the Dantooine plains.

"Hello Adum. I need concussion\plasma grenades, ammunition, and that Aratech sniper rifle I've always been eyeing." Adum handed over the materials, and I gave him a good amount of credits for it. The next hour was spent shooting at Kath hounds and Kinarath roaming the plains. It brought me some good recreation and exercise, something that I needed. The locals found them to be a nuisance, so I guess the senseless butchery wasn't for nothing. Finally, I headed back to the Enclave and waited for the other to finish off their business.
 JediMaster12
03-04-2006, 1:05 AM
"How so Dad?" Zoe asked. She was staying in pace with her father obeying what Argus suggested. For some reason, she could sense that Argus, while a Jedi, was not well liked. She decided that it had to be his approach to life in the galaxy and it reflected in her father's controlled attitude towards him. They had arrived at the enclave. Argus touched a well hidden key pad to unlock and open the door. Inside they were greeted by one of the few masters who decided to stay on Dantooine rather than return to Coruscant.
 Xbx_Inthusiast
03-04-2006, 1:15 AM
"Since the devastation here, several Sith have made their homes amongst the ruins. I don't know if any of them stayed after the re-construction. I feel a dark presence in this place, I don't wish to stay for long," he said, slowing down to the back of the three, taking in his surroundings.
 JediMaster12
03-04-2006, 2:08 AM
"You suspect too much my friend. I uderstand if you have betrayal issues," Argus said softly. He turned towards what served as a council chamber and began to walk there but not before he added, "True the Sith walked here but they were driven out. These Sith left a trace of themselves."
 Xbx_Inthusiast
03-04-2006, 9:07 AM
"You don't see the Force as I do, you see as much light as dark. I see more light than dark..I can sense things that you throw aside as cognition.." He spoke, stopping at the council doors. "You seem too.. trusting.."
 JediMaster12
03-05-2006, 2:54 AM
"Do I? Perhaps it is the impression I am content on giving. What you sense are trace presences one I believe belonged to a Darth Bandon. I should know, I scoured the plains after the surface was grazed," Argus then tapped with his fore finger on the door. The small sound verberated on the door. A voice called to them to come in.

Zoe was rather impressed with the enclave despite the apparent damage it had taken. When Argus finished his speech and tapped on the door, she whispered to her father, "That is how people survived in the slums on Alderaan. Give an impression but have the true self hidden. It sounds weird but makes sense."
 Xbx_Inthusiast
03-05-2006, 1:19 PM
Merios just shrugged. "Strange way of living I guess, but I can't begin to understand his life," he spoke, walking into the Enclave, the Jedi suddenly starting to recognize him.
 JediMaster12
03-06-2006, 12:41 AM
Zoe found herself in a room surrounded by Jedi, some old and some young. She was surprised that there were many there. What she didn't know was that some came from a world not known to anyone save the Jedi. She was amazed at the calm collected feeling that overwhelmed her senses. Without her realizing it, she moved closer to Argus as if he would explain things.
Argus replied to Merios, "Some things can't be understood unless you live them. Not everything is one or the other." He greeted an elderly master and explained the situation in a strange language and the master replied in the same tongue. Argus knew that the group would be confused so he explained, "The enclave will give us shelter and Jacen will be kept under guard by the Jedi Watchmen. I will show you the way," and he led them through another set of doors that led to the rooms.
 CountVerilucus
03-06-2006, 1:04 AM
"Forget this!" I can't just sit around like this. So I headed down to the nearest cantina to engage in drinking and conversation. Mostly they were all farmers, but it was still fun. I still had plenty of credits, and decided not to gamble. Taking into consideration what happened last time. Had myself a great time, while my Jedi companions were off "meditating" on matters.
Page: 3 of 4