Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Modding the game?

Page: 1 of 1
 Bob Lion54
12-09-2005, 12:43 PM
Being somewhat new to modding in general, this might be kind of a noob question, but here goes:

How is it that people are already working on mods for a game thats not even out yet?

I would assume that enough details are available about whats modable, but I can find none myself.

Are there tools already available or links to any info?

Basically, any info anyone wished to share would be appriciated. I hope to make a few mods when the game is out, but I'm clueless about any details.

Thanks to anyone that replies!
 Jeff
12-09-2005, 1:08 PM
I think most people are just making new models for new ships and such with gmax/3ds max.
 Foshjedi2004
12-09-2005, 1:48 PM
We have managed to Gleam away certain details from Petroglyph as to the Structure and Moddability of the game. Most of it is C++ programming, Lua Scripts and XML files. All of which are relatively easy to modify given time and Patience. As Darth said the current trend is the Pre-Production steps seen in most official games. Legacy is sorting out Unit lists, and various Concepts which we plan to Introduce. After looking at the game files in detail we will have a better Idea as to the Work that we will have to do as part of the Mod's production.
 Bob Lion54
12-09-2005, 2:54 PM
OK. I think I understand now. (not that I understand C++, though)

So what people are doing is kind of the first step stuff. Like the models, for instance. Even though you might not know how to get it in the game just yet, you still have a model to work with later. Is that pretty much the concept?

What about polycount? Is that known yet? (I'm just curious, as I'm not a modeler. I prefer making textures.)
 Foshjedi2004
12-09-2005, 7:27 PM
Are you interested in doing some textual or Concept Art for the Legacy Of War Mod?

But You are correct with the First Step Statement.
 Bob Lion54
12-10-2005, 12:01 PM
Yea, that might be cool. I'll take a look at the website and see If I can do anything.

Be warned, though: I still a nood with this stuff, but I love playing around with retextures. I love putting my own touch on the game.

Thanks for explaining it to me.

EDIT: I just read you requirements for skinners. Seems I'm not qualified.
Page: 1 of 1