Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Types of PLanets

Page: 1 of 1
 mogga
12-03-2005, 3:20 PM
Just wondering, for kotor 3, would you rather see city based regions or planets (Taris, Telos Citadel Station, Manaan,Anchorhead) Or more sparsely populated or completely wild regions or planets ( korriban, Most of Kashyyyk, Tatooine dune sea, some of Dantooine)?
 SilverSentinal2
12-03-2005, 4:16 PM
Personally, I'd like to go back to Manaan, Korriban, and Telos. For other planets I'd like to see Derilia which I imagine to be like the coast of Greece or Sicily, and Coruascant I'd like to see the Jedi Temple.
 Achilles
12-03-2005, 4:16 PM
I get the feeling that we'll be headed into the unknown region in search of Revan and/or the Exile, therefore I don't think we'll see very many city-like planets. I suspect that we'll start out on Telos, so we may see some city scapes there. I'm hoping for some more jungle planets (ala Dxun). Since we're in search of the True Sith, I'm hoping that we'll get to visit Yavin or even a Dagobah-like planet. Maybe some ancient sith cities on the outer rim, etc.
 RobQel-Droma
12-03-2005, 6:07 PM
^Pretty much what Achilles said. I want to see some big cities like Telos and Coruscant, but as we will probably be heading into the Unknown Regions I think the most of architecture we will find is ancient ruins of cities, and mostly planets pretty much devoid of any kind of settlements.
 Vladimir-Vlada
12-03-2005, 6:19 PM
All types. If you ask me.
 ilwugoalie
12-03-2005, 6:38 PM
with the unknown regions a very likely plot, I hope we get some old architecture like RobQel-Droma said.... very interested to see what the Devs do with the landscape, and planets
 RedHawke
12-04-2005, 3:14 AM
I get the feeling that we'll be headed into the unknown region in search of Revan and/or the Exile, therefore I don't think we'll see very many city-like planets. I suspect that we'll start out on Telos, so we may see some city scapes there. I'm hoping for some more jungle planets (ala Dxun). Since we're in search of the True Sith, I'm hoping that we'll get to visit Yavin or even a Dagobah-like planet. Maybe some ancient sith cities on the outer rim, etc.
Quoted for emphasis! :D
 Ka_Anor
12-04-2005, 4:47 AM
I'm open to anything, but I would really love to see Coruscant make it into the game. I'm sure they'll include Korriban again, and possibly Dantooine as it has played a major role in both games so far.
 Emperor Devon
12-04-2005, 5:07 AM
I think we'll go to both types of planets, but they'll probably be very different than they could have been in KOTOR II, what with a war going on and all.

Hopefully, we'll get to go to Coruscant... I mean, why wouldn't the True Sith attack it? It's the capital of the Republic, after all.
 Aurora Merlow
12-04-2005, 8:40 AM
Mixture of both would be preferable, but would like to see more populated planets like Taris as apposed to Korriban in Kotor2
 ilwugoalie
12-04-2005, 12:16 PM
If we're going to get Korriban again, they need to make some changes..... with exception to heading into the caves, the Sith academy was very pourly developed and lacking for content.
 Vladimir-Vlada
12-04-2005, 1:11 PM
Hopefully, we'll get to go to Coruscant... I mean, why wouldn't the True Sith attack it? It's the capital of the Republic, after all.
It is. But in my opinion, the Republic has fallen and Corsucant is the capital of the Sith Empire.
 Hallucination
12-04-2005, 3:34 PM
I hope to see all types of planets (or else I'd be bored), and Coruscant has to be there.
 Darth InSidious
12-04-2005, 4:05 PM
Big planets, and lots of them.

Did anyone else feel a bit...cramped in Kotor II?

As for specifics, Ziost and/or Drumond Kaas would be nice, but other than that I'm not really too fussed provided we're not going back to old K1/K2 planets yet *again*.
 Vladimir-Vlada
12-04-2005, 4:09 PM
If you mean the small areas, and little ammount of them, then yes. I did.
 Aurora Merlow
12-05-2005, 2:33 AM

Yes very much so, which was something that i didn't feel in kotor
 Achilles
12-05-2005, 2:45 AM
Yes very much so, which was something that i didn't feel in kotorGo back and play KotOR again and see if you still feel that way.

IIRC, the devs stated in their post mortem that many players felt as though the areas were smaller even though they were actually bigger. They thought they would be able to improve game play by minimizing area transitions, but it seems that almost no one noticed.
 Darth InSidious
12-05-2005, 6:32 AM
Actually, it was something I noticed during my latest replay of KotOR (Which I haven't yet completed this time...)
 Prime
12-05-2005, 9:29 AM
I like the city-based planets personally. I guess they are just more interesting to me.
 JediMaster12
12-05-2005, 11:33 AM
I would like to see more of Telos like how it fared after the restoration effort. In reality, we would more likely see planets within the Unknown Regions. Some may be city like Planets and others like Dantooine
 Jae Onasi
12-11-2005, 1:39 PM
I lean towards more city-scape planets simply because they give me more opportunity to interact with people (since there's more of them to talk to....), visit shops to get stuff, hang out in cantinas, harass the guards, have more opportunities for LS/DS points, that kind of thing. The interaction is one of the reasons I like Kotor better than the pure 'hack-and-slash' kinds of games. Assuming we head off to the Unknown regions, I imagine that any worlds there are generally going to be sparsely populated, so I expect to see those kinds of planets, too. If there's going to be sparsely populated planets, though, make sure to have interesting surroundings to look at. If I can't chat with people, I'd like to have (within reason) some detailed landscapes and 'good cinematography'.
 Darth Viggo
12-11-2005, 1:48 PM
I don't care too much one way or another...but I definately do not want to go back to Manaan, those water creatures took forever to talk to!
 darthward
12-11-2005, 2:02 PM
I second that 1 Darth Viggo there are 3 planets i wish 2 see they r corusant Yavin 4 and cloud city i would like to see what they look like. The only game i have played on cloud city on is Star wars demolitions
 marvidchano
12-11-2005, 3:46 PM
Just wondering, for kotor 3, would you rather see city based regions or planets (Taris, Telos Citadel Station, Manaan,Anchorhead) Or more sparsely populated or completely wild regions or planets ( korriban, Most of Kashyyyk, Tatooine dune sea, some of Dantooine)?
I'd like a mix, like say ther is 8 planets I'd like 4 sparringly populated cities/towns and 4 high populated cities
Page: 1 of 1