Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

so...yeah, my game is screwed up. anything i can do? spoilers

Page: 1 of 1
 test
12-02-2005, 3:54 PM
after you leave atris' academy, you board the ebon hawk, and then a CGI shows and then atris talks to her handmaidens. Well...after that you board the ship. Problem is, i just have a black screen with a pointer on it, which i can move around. when i save it shows a picture of me in the ebon hawk, with the other characters there. soo...what can i do if its just black? can i teleport somewhere or something?

if i try to load that save is loads partially, then stalls. thanks
 Lando Griffin
12-02-2005, 4:29 PM
hmmm. This happened when i was adding new mandalorians and mandalores to the game. But i messed up on the appearance.2da, by either typing the wrong thing or there was no texture or model. Did you put any mods in the game?
 test
12-02-2005, 5:06 PM
a bunch :(

clonetrooper_tsl
Darth Maul
ForceCrush
ss-skip-peragus
sthlforcepowerv2u1
EZswoop_TSL
sthlforcep2
USM_Released
xc_sbs
 Lando Griffin
12-02-2005, 8:10 PM
I think its the darth maul. You replaced the model or something. so the game doesnt show it and if you put a disguise on him like the sith armor in kotor 1 and take it off it will crash. Delete your override and make a new one, then put all the mods you want in it. But if they conflict you have problems. So just edit the files that there are two of. Try that.
 test
12-02-2005, 8:16 PM
Well, i deleted the bao dur mod and that didnt work :( Think i should just keep on uninstalling and installing the mods until i figure out which it is? Thanks man
 test
12-02-2005, 8:55 PM
So...i deleted every mod, then i just deleted the override. nothing worked. same problem. should i just re install? can i just copy the save or something?

this is so gay.
 stingerhs
12-03-2005, 1:20 AM
well, you may have to go back to a previous save or start over as the game saving system has an odd way of storing everything you have, including mod info. in other words, deleting everything won't solve your problem if its an issue with a mod.

hope that helps. ;)
 The Doctor
12-03-2005, 9:05 PM
I hate it when people use the word gay as if being gay is wrong.....
@Lando: It should still display if it's missing a texture, shouldn't it? Whenever I screw up with a texture, it just shows a shaped white block with shadows. Or are the tga skin files and the texture files different things?
Modding is confusing.
Page: 1 of 1